Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I totally disagree. It is usually much higher rate, at least where I searched.
Well I guess you have different options could be depending on the hotel.

For me the Best Flexible rate WITH Breakfast is $99

And then Best Flexible rate is $89 PLUS Breakfast ($10) will be $99
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:35 pm

Just completed 88,100 X 2, points posted, very happy camper

Last edited by elusive1; Mar 6, 2014 at 4:32 pm
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:33 am

Another data point:
My IHG mobile app booking posted but interestingly it's couple days after the same stay posted for other challenges.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have booked "Best flexible rate" through IHG.com and added the "tick box - with breakfast" to get BFR with breakfast. The points have posted correctly on all Big Win requirements.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:45 am
sam

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Has anyone had Big Win points for the Priority Club Visa credited yet? This is my final challenge and is worth 10k plus 48k for completing them all. I completed the stay (booked and paid for with the Priority Club Visa) in Jan and the regular points have credited but not yet the Big Win points. I contacted IHG and they said to wait 4 - 6 weeks. It has actually been > 6 weeks since the stay now
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
I have booked "Best flexible rate" through IHG.com and added the "tick box - with breakfast" to get BFR with breakfast. The points have posted correctly on all Big Win requirements.
^ with IHG sometimes dodging in "technicalities" its difficult to argue sometimes.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:13 am

I have done the survey, but the 100 points have not yet been posted. It's the last piece of the 6 challenges, so my big win points are not yet in. It irked me because the survey was the first thing I did.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
^ with IHG sometimes dodging in "technicalities" its difficult to argue sometimes.
I must say that I was attracted by a good BigWin offer but now I have realized how much headache and effort it has taken to figure out all possible pitfalls and tricks needed.

Not really worth the effort. This is almost like taking a lawyer exam. But I don't want to stop this now in the middle.

I wonder where all those managers of Loyalty programs have been trained. IHG hasn't been able to increase my loyalty. Neither others though
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:47 am

I must say that I was attracted by a good BigWin offer but now I have realized how much headache and effort it has taken to figure out all possible pitfalls and tricks needed.

Not really worth the effort. This is almost like taking a lawyer exam. But I don't want to stop this now in the middle.

I wonder where all those managers of Loyalty programs have been trained. IHG hasn't been able to increase my loyalty. Neither others though

Same here, since I knew I will be staying at some hotels in 4 months so I thought I'd take advantage over it. Mind you at least 2 stays aren't really "needed" for me. Well one I wanted to stay at 1 IC to finish my 20k bonus and stay) and 1 HI so I can get a Weekend, HI (change your view),Breakfast and add to my stay); this would give me 4 "check marks".

But ya, their system is terrible! Customer Service for this Big Win is terrible and if there are some discrepancy its like pulling teeth!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I have done the survey, but the 100 points have not yet been posted. It's the last piece of the 6 challenges, so my big win points are not yet in. It irked me because the survey was the first thing I did.
I would write to them, explaining that the survey is holding up the rest of the points. Do this VERY VERY clearly, as though explaining it to a slow-witted child. I find that way they're forced to deviate from their canned script, and acknowledge what I have said. However ... I'd bet you'll get back a response of "we're working on it, and have until weeks after the end of the promo period to actually deliver your points ..."
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
With respect to a question on whether or not one had to stay at two different Holiday Inns or one Holiday Inn on non-consecutive nights, there was this response:

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Two different..

Is that based on one member's interpretation of the rules or is that how IC is actually enforcing the promo? I'd be interested in hearing from anyone whose experienced the latter.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:52 pm

Angry Big Win = Biggest Headache

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Same issue here! Did survey in early Jan, 100 points were posted right away but then "disappeared" few days later. On Big Win screen, survey is marked completed but didn't count towards the completed challenges. Contacted IHG, they gave me back the 100 points but no effect/change on Big Win! On top of this, it's the IHG Mobile App Booking issue everyone else seems to be having! The Big Win is indeed the Biggest Headache!! I'm ready to abandon it altogether, just too much hassle and too much time wasted dealing with IHG!!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
My first two iphone app bookings posted ages after the stays. My last one was Feb 20, and posted about 10 days after the stay -- the stay, the saturday night, and the mobile app credit posted about the same time. I wonder if people are having different problems with different mobile apps -- iphone, android, pc based...
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
This is almost like taking a lawyer exam. But I don't want to stop this now in the middle.
Really? It might be if you try to go around what they are saying, but I don't see any problems with any of my offers. If it says book BFR with breakfast, I do that, not any other one called something flexible etc. if it says stay at two HI hotels, I stay at two Hi hotels, not the same one twice etc...

It's really not that hard I think.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sam
Has anyone had Big Win points for the Priority Club Visa credited yet? This is my final challenge and is worth 10k plus 48k for completing them all. I completed the stay (booked and paid for with the Priority Club Visa) in Jan and the regular points have credited but not yet the Big Win points. I contacted IHG and they said to wait 4 - 6 weeks. It has actually been > 6 weeks since the stay now
I have the same issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.