Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:43 pm

This weekend, I complete all challenges. Hopefully this issue is addressed by then
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
This thread really makes IHG a firm contender for the most incompetent company of 2014.

66 pages and no answers.

I still simply do not know what my challenge is. I'm required to "stay in these two cities" ---- still not got a clue where they are!!!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Click on the icon on the big win site and then click on "view all".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjw1fhkgzu...2012.16.36.png

Last edited by johhenrik; Mar 4, 2014 at 4:23 am
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
"Simple" Survey

I completed the survey and received 100 points in my account back in January. On the progress page it shows the offer as "completed". However, the "Win Big" offer shows 4/6 offers completed (it should be 5/6) and I received an e-mail from IHG saying the survey was "Not Started".

Have others been getting credit for the survey in this situation? Would be a shame to miss the "Big Win" bonus because of this.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:38 am

I took the survey in Dec and got the points-- but nothing shown on my offers page. So this seems to be a common problem.

Concerning "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels" was it ever confirmed that the stays need to be at separate hotels? Are the points posting if the hotel is the same?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by tom_MN
I took the survey in Dec and got the points-- but nothing shown on my offers page. So this seems to be a common problem.

Concerning "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels" was it ever confirmed that the stays need to be at separate hotels? Are the points posting if the hotel is the same?
It is written to say that .... you need to stay at NN different hotels.

Unless IHG come back and state that wording should be interpreted differently from what is actually written (to my knowledge IHG have not ) you should read your task to mean different hotels are required as no doubt intended by who ever wrote this tasks introductory sentence.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by tom_MN
I stayed at the same Holiday Inn twice, getting credit for the first one towards my required three; I stayed there again later (coincidentally because they had the cheapest Breakfast rate), and did not get another credit as a Holiday Inn stay (the breakfast part credited fine).

So, you need to stay at different properties!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I completed the survey and received 100 points in my account back in January. On the progress page it shows the offer as "completed". However, the "Win Big" offer shows 4/6 offers completed (it should be 5/6) and I received an e-mail from IHG saying the survey was "Not Started".

Have others been getting credit for the survey in this situation? Would be a shame to miss the "Big Win" bonus because of this.
Same situation regarding survey
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey

Same situation.

Wonder what to do next.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
One of my Big Win offers is:

Start the day off right

Book 1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and earn 2,000 points.
I just spent 6 nights at the CP Old City in IST. Per my confirmation, the rate I booked is:

Rate Type: IHG® Rewards Club Member Exclusive –Flexible with Breakfast
My CP stay showed up in one of the other offers, but I did not get credit for the breakfast offer. I contacted IHG, and the response I received was:

After further review, we have confirmed that the stay in question was booked under a regular rate (not under Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast). Thus, stay was not counted towards the Start The Day Off Right offer.
Seriously? Do I have any recourse? Anyone else run into this issue?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I believe this hurdle requires the EXACT booking code IGBBB (from my folio for a stay that got credited for the Big Win breakfast component), any other booking gets rejected under a technicality, even if it meant that one did pay extra to have breakfast included.

What code does your IST folio show?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Ok would it be a problem if I book...

Best Flexible Rate...
+ $35 Add 5000 Bonus Points per stay & Breakfast

Last edited by BRAISKI; Mar 4, 2014 at 1:23 pm
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you prepared to be rejected by IHG on a technicality, over exact booking code used, later?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by margarita girl
My CP stay showed up in one of the other offers, but I did not get credit for the breakfast offer. I contacted IHG, and the response I received was:
This has been discussed before in this thread. The offer specify you need to book the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast. Your rate is another one with breakfast. It does not count then.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Are you prepared to be rejected by IHG on a technicality, over exact booking code used, later?
Not really this will be the only one that I will have problems booking, I wanted the extra 5k but I could lose more points if it becomes a problem.

Ok they don't even have "only" breakfast!

$ 5.00 CAD
Add 1000 Bonus Points per night
‎ $ 20.00 CAD
Add 1000 Bonus Points per day & Breakfast
‎ $ 20.00 CAD
Add 5000 Bonus Points per stay
‎ $ 35.00 CAD
Add 5000 Bonus Points per stay & Breakfast

Also how do you find the booking code?

Last edited by BRAISKI; Mar 4, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.