Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by BigE
Nothing is posting for me under Book with IHG (mobile app, IHG, cashback), so there's no reason (yet) to suspect a problem with using cashback websites.
My entire big win has posted and every stay was done through rewards gateway without a problem and cash back has also tracked within a week of checking out.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by sam
Has anyone had Big Win points for the Priority Club Visa credited yet? This is my final challenge and is worth 10k plus 48k for completing them all. I completed the stay (booked and paid for with the Priority Club Visa) in Jan and the regular points have credited but not yet the Big Win points. I contacted IHG and they said to wait 4 - 6 weeks. It has actually been > 6 weeks since the stay now
Still nothing for me. I received the card in mid January (Priority Club Black), and have used it for 6 stays so far.
My bonus points for taking out the card (plus the first month's usage) posted on the 24th February, but I am missing the 20,000 point Big Win bonus for this challenge.
My "win" was phrased:
Code:
Get the Priority Club Rewards Black Visa, brought to you by IHG® Rewards Club, use it to book and pay for 1 stay and earn 20,000 points. 42.2% APR Representative (variable)
I'm also missing my "Book with IHG" win, so this is not the only thing holding me up. However, I admit to having taken out the card using a referral code (in order to get a bigger bonus). Maybe this is my issue, although Raffles seems to think that the task is triggered simply by paying for a stay with a relevant card (not even necesarily your own.)
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Had this reply from IHG a couple of weeks ago regarding tracking of 'Book with IHG':
We apologize for the inconvenience, but up to now, we are not yet advised when will the website be fixed. This is a known issue on the Big Win Promotion and we are trying our best to resolve this matter.

Once we're given a heads up about what transpired and how we can adjust stays that were not yet credited, we'll inform you as soon as possible.
I somehow doubt they will inform me, I'll probably just see it track, but regardless, they seem to be aware. How it can take so long to fix, I've no idea, but hey.. that's part of the 'charm' of IHG
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I would write to them, explaining that the survey is holding up the rest of the points. Do this VERY VERY clearly, as though explaining it to a slow-witted child. I find that way they're forced to deviate from their canned script, and acknowledge what I have said. However ... I'd bet you'll get back a response of "we're working on it, and have until weeks after the end of the promo period to actually deliver your points ..."
Ha thanks for the laugh, but oh how very true.

I have been going back and forth trying to get them to deviate from the script. I finally got their attention after they sent someone else's response to me. Oops!

I have the same issue as many others. Big Win showing 6/7 complete but all tasks are complete and have been for over a month. I reviewed my account and saw the survey points never posted. Not really concerned about the 100 points, but it seems this is holding up my Big Win. They manually credited my account with 100 points and said it was noted about the Big Win.

Still showing 6/7 as of this morning. Not going to do anything else about it until after the promo is over if nothing has posted by then. At least I have some email documentation showing that IHG recognized the error.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:31 am

Is the "big win" held once a year?

If a stay a night at 04/30 and check out at 05/01, is it qualified for the "big win"?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:02 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by kellyfjn
Is the "big win" held once a year?

If a stay a night at 04/30 and check out at 05/01, is it qualified for the "big win"?
- unknown
- yes
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:18 am

My Big Win points have posted. 96k for a relatively easy set of goals (fairly new member that joined to participate in the first Big Win) so I'm happy.

Just as a data point, one of my goals was "Book with IHG" and I never had any issue with getting my bookings recognized. The two required bookings were done via the mobile app.

Bring on the next one, hoping for a spring/summer Big Win.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by sdsearch
1, All Holiday Inn subbrands that don't have the word "Express" in them are considered to be the Holiday Inn brand with repsect to this promo. As long as you avoid a hotel that has "Express" in the name, yet stay at a hotel that has "Holiday Inn" in the name, you'll be ok for the Change Your View promo.
Can someone please confirm that you don't qualify for the "Change your view" if you stay at Holiday Inn Express? Or has someone got a credit for this?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Can someone please confirm that you don't qualify for the "Change your view" if you stay at Holiday Inn Express? Or has someone got a credit for this?
I thought that this one has been answered so many times in this thread, and most of the answers are quite clear, including the one you quoted.

Perhaps if I obfuscate, it'll be easier to understand.

Staying at a(n) Holiday Inn Express will not stop you from qualifying for the "Change your view" task.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by gnarly
I thought that this one has been answered so many times in this thread, and most of the answers are quite clear, including the one you quoted.

Perhaps if I obfuscate, it'll be easier to understand.

Staying at a(n) Holiday Inn Express will not stop you from qualifying for the "Change your view" task.

Ya but was quite confusing "As long as you avoid a hotel that has "Express" in the name, yet stay at a hotel that has "Holiday Inn" in the name, you'll be ok for the Change Your View promo."

I guess its confusing for me to understand, "as long as you avoid a hotel that has an "Express" in the name.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:10 am

I'm glad you took that in the way that it was intended.

You're right. It's neither as clear or as simple as it should be.

I believe you'll need an alternative non-express stay.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by gnarly
I'm glad you took that in the way that it was intended.

You're right. It's neither as clear or as simple as it should be.

I believe you'll need an alternative non-express stay.

I guess I will know "eventually" if it ever gets posted. I stayed @ HIX this past weekend, then next weekend I will be staying at a HI (Flex with Breakfast).

If I don't get a credit for Change your View, I guess I will need to do a Mattress Run as would be only thing missing to complete all. If all else gets posted as it should.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: 1MM UA
government rate on the mobile ap?

Regarding the "mobile ap" requirement (apparently different from
Book with IHG), I had 2 web bookings from 2013 (for stays in 2014) which
didn't post, 1 web booking from 2014 which didn't post). I got a friend to install the web ap, and he made a booking for me and it did post. Now I want to make a few more bookings. He tells me that he cannot see the government rate. Can anyone with the mobile ap please tell me if they can see the government rate?

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:53 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
HOLY ....!! After getting the canned responses from IHG about the tracker not posting my " book 3 stays thru our website" . I made a second call to the rewards dept. and THIS time they told me it has to be a "best guarantee " rate which means a corporate, aarp, best flexible rate, whatever does not count. It did not clarify this exactly in my offer. It all seems rather cryptic to me in the wording of the offer. What is says is book 3 stays thru our website or an app to get the best rate guarantee. HUH????? IHG rewards dept opened up a case on my problem.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by sosafan
Regarding the "mobile ap" requirement (apparently different from
Book with IHG), I had 2 web bookings from 2013 (for stays in 2014) which
didn't post, 1 web booking from 2014 which didn't post). I got a friend to install the web ap, and he made a booking for me and it did post. Now I want to make a few more bookings. He tells me that he cannot see the government rate. Can anyone with the mobile ap please tell me if they can see the government rate?

Thanks
It's there. From the main booking page look just under "ROOMS" there will be a box under that (gray color) with a default of "Best Available". Click on that and a Rate Preference box will pull up with all the normal rate codes. Hope that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.