Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Has anyone had problems with Big Win points posting? The Big Win site is tracking my stays correctly, and marking offers completed as appropriate, but none of the points are posting, even after a month. I filed a missing points request, and was told the usual wait 6 to 8 weeks.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
My completed tasks posted the points right away.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Ditto here.

Although I am still waiting for the booking and paying for a stay with credit card to be recognised.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Took 5 weeks, but my Bigwin tracking finally shows the 7x manually adjusted nights from my New Year and late January stays correctly added to all my categories.

I agree with other FTers, bigwin tracker seems to update on the next Monday after a stay posts the night credit to ones IHG account.

Used the online "Missing Points Form" , provided stay dates , reservation numbers, I never received usual reply from missing points team, maybe they forwarded elsewhere, but I now see missing nights a)+7 stay nights count , b)+3 Sat nights count online on Bigwin site.

I actually invested in 3x HI Saturday night MR's , at 45euro/night, so 65/night = total euro200 (with travel costs, 1 hour train/bus each way). Only did as I'd two unexpected extra Saturdays naturally occurring this quarter.... As Saturday nights=8 was task I would not normally take part in, 5x MR Saturdays is too much, but 3 was manageable.

With only four tasks ...
a)stay 30 nights (27/30)
b)Stay 3 cities ( 2/3)
c)stay 5 brands ( 4/5)
d)stay 8 saturdays ( 7/8)
e)SURVEY (100points, Completed)

Now to trigger everything at some very near date, one 3night stay ^ including a city (can be London ) , 5th Brand (CP or HIX) and including a Saturday night will trigger all four tasks and the final bonus for a massive 198K points.

Embarrassing bigwin for me, as I swore blind I would not partake in this as usually only 3 Saturday nights per quarter for me, not the 8 required.

My Xmas/NewYear holiday gave me a 9nights head start and 2x Saturdays towards BigWin2014 which i had booked before BigWin2014 was announced and 198K for euro200 and three x 2hours travelling was too good to pass up, and m
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Has anyone had problems with Big Win points posting? The Big Win site is tracking my stays correctly, and marking offers completed as appropriate, but none of the points are posting, even after a month. I filed a missing points request, and was told the usual wait 6 to 8 weeks.
I completed my Big Win about 3 weeks ago. The Big Win site is updated but the points have not posted for me either.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:50 am

I've read about all the IHG BIg Win problems on this thread, but has anybody actually gotten points for "Book with IHG" challenge with AAA rates? I've completed all requirements and just waiting for points from last 2 stays (this past weekend) to post. I've booked all my stays via IHG.com and haven't gotten any credit in the "book with IHG" challenge. The exact wording is:

Book 3 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 3,400 points
Someone earlier said that IHG replied that you must use "best available" rate to complete this challenge. To me, that is ridiculous but I'm not sure anybody had proven otherwise. I didn't interpret the T+C to mean that I had to use "best available" rate to "get the Best Price Guarantee" per the terms, but I'd hate to be wrong.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:19 am

I would wait until Monday and see if the nightly BigWin run triggers it. If not, then contact IHG and ask them about why etc.

You didn't post the full T&C though, so it's hard to say what the terms are.

The reason I would wait is because I don't think your two stays this weekend would've posted no matter if they were correct or not, since they seem to process Big Win stays etc on the night between Sunday and Monday.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:55 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
So just to confirm the book with mobile app would mean using for instance the Android app to book the stay. Right?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jason8612
So just to confirm the book with mobile app would mean using for instance the Android app to book the stay. Right?
yep!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:04 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
yep!
Thanks. Is there a way to add additional Guest names in the mobile app?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Thanks. Is there a way to add additional Guest names in the mobile app?
Nope, but just edit the res after via the normal site. It doesn't break the association (at least, it didn't for me).
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Either the mobile app or website can be used for this challenge. So, you should be able to use the iPhone App, Android App, or any IHG Website. I would have thought this would mean the mobile IHG web, but the way the T&C's read, it could be argued that even the standard desktop IHG website should qualify.

The T&C's of the "IHG Mobile App Booking" challenge states:

"Bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked on any IHG web or mobile apps between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive)"

It then states this:

"For a complete list of IHG web and mobile apps please Click here."

And, the "click here" link goes to a page that basically shows nothing.

Last edited by whimike; Mar 15, 2014 at 9:06 pm
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've read about all the IHG BIg Win problems on this thread, but has anybody actually gotten points for "Book with IHG" challenge with AAA rates? I've completed all requirements and just waiting for points from last 2 stays (this past weekend) to post. I've booked all my stays via IHG.com and haven't gotten any credit in the "book with IHG" challenge. The exact wording is:

Quote:

Book 3 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 3,400 points

Someone earlier said that IHG replied that you must use "best available" rate to complete this challenge. To me, that is ridiculous but I'm not sure anybody had proven otherwise. I didn't interpret the T+C to mean that I had to use "best available" rate to "get the Best Price Guarantee" per the terms, but I'd hate to be wrong.
Anyone?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:11 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
Survey 100 point Credit

I can't be sure until the next round of bonuses post on Monday, but it looks like IHG might have fixed the 100 point survey bonus issue. My wife's account and my account both were waiting for it to post. The Big Win page for each of our accounts now show it as being completed. I am also waiting for the IHG mobile app bonus credit, but hopefully this means that all of my wife's points will post this week.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by FFLASV
I can't be sure until the next round of bonuses post on Monday, but it looks like IHG might have fixed the 100 point survey bonus issue. My wife's account and my account both were waiting for it to post. The Big Win page for each of our accounts now show it as being completed. I am also waiting for the IHG mobile app bonus credit, but hopefully this means that all of my wife's points will post this week.
Mine has showed complete since I took the survey, but it is not counted in the Big Win offer, so something is weird with it. I also not it is greyed out in the status emails they send out (meaning completed), but it doesn't say completed in the email like the others. Personally I will deal with it one I have finished my other offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.