Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
The Priority Black Visa (which I was going to get anyway - bonus!) 20k offer is still displaying for me as views.dashboard.offer.dd.title on the Big Win site. Fix it, IHG!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lazyloki
The problem I see is that it's not clear if you can receive the normal sign up bonus (40K points) as well as the 20k as part of the big win. The reason I say this is that I have an application link on the big win web page - does this mean that you must apply via this link (therefore missing out on the other points) in order for your application to be tracked as part of the big win? How did you apply for the card?
I intend to apply for it via the 40k link, then pay for the 1 night with the Black Visa. If it doesn't track I will put in a complaint, stating that I had done all that was required of me, i.e. 1. got card and 2. booked night's accommodation.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver (clawing back to Gold!), Honours Gold, IHG Platinum, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingnomadic
I intend to apply for it via the 40k link, then pay for the 1 night with the Black Visa. If it doesn't track I will put in a complaint, stating that I had done all that was required of me, i.e. 1. got card and 2. booked night's accommodation.
I was planning on doing the same - the problem is my target is for the standard visa, but I would only take the black visa... I've asked IHG to clarify if this will still trigger the promotion, but no answer yet.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:24 pm

My offer still says
view.dashboard.offer.r.header

Underneath it says 'stay at 1 resort' but the link for list of locations is still broken.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA, 1.5MM, GE
This is funny, I just realized that folks have different "Big Win" awards! Very interesting...

This is the offer I recently received for 2014:

- Stay a total of 13 nights and receive 11,600 POINTS
- Stay at 4 different IHG brands and receive 12,800 POINTS
- Book 4 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,600 POINTS
- Stay 3 Saturday nights and receive 5,600 POINTS
- Stay at 3 Holiday Inn® hotels and receive 5,600 POINTS
- Complete 5 of your offers and receive 38,000 POINTS

I did complete my 2013 Bin Win challenge with a Saturday night stay this past weekend. Honestly, I didn't try to make a big push on IHG this year, more focused on HH but didn't really succeed on either program, didn't requal for IHG Plat this year either, first time in many years. Did happen to complete the Big Win challenge though so not a total loss.

Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
My offer still says
view.dashboard.offer.r.header

Underneath it says 'stay at 1 resort' but the link for list of locations is still broken.
List of participating hotels
Australia
• Gold Coast
o InterContinental, Sanctuary Cove Resort
• Hunter Valley
o Crowne Plaza, Hunter Valley Resort
Egypt
• Marsa Alam
o Crowne Plaza, Port Ghalib - Sahara Oasis
o Crowne Plaza, Port Ghalib - Sahara Sand
o InterContinental, The Palace Port Ghalib Resort
• Taba
o InterContinental, Taba Heights
Fiji
• Natadola
o InterContinental, Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
French Polynesia
• Bora Bora
o InterContinental, Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa
o InterContinental, Le Moana Bora Bora Resort
• Moorea
o InterContinental, Resort & Spa Moorea
• Tahiti
o InterContinental, Tahiti Resort
India
• Goa
o Holiday Inn Resort, Goa
o Holiday Inn Resort, Goa
Indonesia
• Bali
o Holiday Inn Resort, Baruna Bali
o InterContinental, Bali Resort
• Batam
o Holiday Inn Resort, Batam
Japan
• Okinawa
o ANA InterContinental, Manza Beach Resort
o ANA InterContinental, Ishigaki Resort
Jordan
• Aqaba
o InterContinental, Aqaba (Resort Aqaba)
• Dead Sea
o Holiday Inn Resort, Dead Sea
o Holiday Inn Resort, Dead Sea
• Petra
o Crowne Plaza, Petra
Lebanon
• Mzaar
o InterContinental, Mzaar (Mountain Resort & Spa)
Malaysia
• Penang
o Holiday Inn Resort, Penang
Maldives
• South Male Atoll
o Holiday Inn Resort, Kandooma Maldives
Mauritius
• Balaclava
o InterContinental, Mauritius Resort
Oman
• Salalah
o Crowne Plaza, Salalah
Saudi Arabia
• Al Khobar
o Holiday Inn Resort, Half Moon Bay
o Holiday Inn Resort, Half Moon Bay
South Korea
• Pyeongchang
o Holiday Inn Resort, Alpensia Pyeongchang
o Holiday Inn Resort, Alpensia Pyeongchang
o InterContinental, Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort
Thailand
• Hua Hin
o InterContinental, Hua Hin Resort
• Koh Samui
o InterContinental, Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
• Krabi
o Holiday Inn Resort, Krabi Ao Nang Beach
• Phuket
o Holiday Inn Resort, Phuket
o Holiday Inn Resort, Phuket Mai Khao Beach
o Holiday Inn Resort, Phi Phi Island
Vanuatu
• Port Vila
o Holiday Inn Resort, Vanuatu
Vietnam
• Danang
o InterContinental, Danang Sun Peninsula Resort

this is in my offer.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Anybody know whether "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 4,800 points" means two DIFFERENT HIs, or can the same one count on two separate stays? There's no T&Cs, as usual.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:47 am

Please be careful with the stay at Resort offer before you can see your own list.. My list is still not showing up, but I can click the Terms and Conditions and that page mentions resorts "China".

I do not know yet if my offer is exclusive only for China resorts, or if there are different offers for different people.

I would not recommend anyone to make any early bookings by assuming all Resorts would be included in your offer.

I could be wrong and it is just a typo in the Terms and Conditions, but just want to put it out there for anyone : please be careful.

Also, for 2013 Big Win, I stayed for two nights at a Resort, and only today I realized that the minimum stay is 3 nights for the Big Win Getaway offer. My mistake, again just want to put it out there if anyone else do not bother to read the T and C..
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Anybody know whether "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 4,800 points" means two DIFFERENT HIs, or can the same one count on two separate stays? There's no T&Cs, as usual.
All English speakers would/should interpret that phrasing as being different hotels. Sounds like a very easy task even when different required.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by scubaccr
All English speakers would/should interpret that phrasing as being different hotels. Sounds like a very easy task even when different required.
I wonder if it is possible for you to reply to a question whilst losing the condescending tone. In the 2013 version, there was a "cities" challenge which posted differently for different people - hence the question.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lazyloki
I've been thinking about the card as I also have this requirement for the big win.

The problem I see is that it's not clear if you can receive the normal sign up bonus (40K points) as well as the 20k as part of the big win. The reason I say this is that I have an application link on the big win web page - does this mean that you must apply via this link (therefore missing out on the other points) in order for your application to be tracked as part of the big win? How did you apply for the card?
When I try to click on that application link it opens the survey for me!! I've now completed the survey (and that task is showing as complete), yet no 100 pts credited!

The Priority Black Visa (which I was going to get anyway - bonus!) 20k offer is still displaying for me as views.dashboard.offer.dd.title on the Big Win site. Fix it, IHG!
Ditto! What happens if you click on the application link?

Yep, I'm planning the same!
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would say this promotion is pretty unfriendly to a decent percentage of busy business travellers who travel a lot and go to the same cities and stay at the same hotels. Our goal is really to have a set of hotels we know to stay at for the cities we visit regularly and stay home on weekends.

From IHG's perspective, it might get additional business and get people to try different hotels. However, things like Saturday nights and 3 different HI + 3 different HIX are really too much trouble for many and might even have the opposite effect.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
I am unsure if we can already book in 2013 for the promotion? Must booking be in 2014?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 5:12 pm

Thank you for this post!

Crap, I purposedly made a one night resort stay for Big Win 2013 and have just found out there 3 night requirement! Not very happy right now.

Originally Posted by batosai
Please be careful with the stay at Resort offer before you can see your own list.. My list is still not showing up, but I can click the Terms and Conditions and that page mentions resorts "China".

I do not know yet if my offer is exclusive only for China resorts, or if there are different offers for different people.

I would not recommend anyone to make any early bookings by assuming all Resorts would be included in your offer.

I could be wrong and it is just a typo in the Terms and Conditions, but just want to put it out there for anyone : please be careful.

Also, for 2013 Big Win, I stayed for two nights at a Resort, and only today I realized that the minimum stay is 3 nights for the Big Win Getaway offer. My mistake, again just want to put it out there if anyone else do not bother to read the T and C..
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:50 pm
Used to be 'lohiadk'

In my offer one requirement is a resort stay, the list of hotels is still broken in the same.

The terms and conditions under the resort offer say

"Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of stays at distinct IHG resort properties (3 night minimum stay) at all participating IHG resorts China between 1 January 2014 and 30 April 2014 (both dates inclusive)"

Than it goes on to say a stay is considered for one night or more.

I am confused does it mean that I need to stay a minimum of 3 nights at the resort property that they list (once they get it working) or is it 3 nights if I choose a resort property in China and 1 night or more in other destinations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.