Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Not at all happy, I found out what my last task is.... get the IHG credit card and use it to pay for a stay.

I do not like credit cards, and do not want one.... that knocks me out!
Does it tho? A friend of mine has that but he only has to complete 6 of the 7 offers to earn the big win points
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum
Mine isnt too bad against this quarter, esp considering that the xmas slow down isnt part of it

Stay 22 nights for 22800 points - same amount of nights as 2013
Stay 3 brands for 16800 points - one less than 2013 although I did stay in four
Stay 1 night best flex with bfast for 3000 points - new, need to find a cheap night somewhere
Survey 100
Stay 2 cities for 14400 - same as 2013 but much easier to achieve in UK
Stay 2 saturdays for 8000 - same as 2013 will complete second one next week
Stay 6 Holiday Inn's for 12000 - new should be easy as long as its not 6 different locations - does anyone know??
Big Win - 29000 - complete 6 of the 7 offers
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
These offers are exemplary of the wildly different offers we’ve seen here. Seems to be a “reverse psychology” sort of thing; those who stay with IHG the most receive offers requiring large numbers of stays and relatively few promotional points while those who don’t stay with IHG that much receive offers requiring few nights and relatively greater promotional points. Is this supposition the general consensus?
My current theory is that the non standard offers are a bit less than the 2013 points earned for around half your 2013 elite qualifying nights and/or your total 2013 stays at a particular brand. People with little or no history with IHG seem to get a standard package that is worth less, but is very achievable.

Does anyone's offer significantly violate my theory? Does it work if December and some November activity is excluded?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
OK so the weirdly worded one for 20k points turns out to be for the "Priority Club Rewards VISA" - however I need to complete 7/7 offers to get the Big Win, so difficult if not accepted for it! Also when I click through for more info it instead shows me the survey, lets me complete it and says I've had 100 pts added with that part now complete and greyed out!!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
I got

stay 4 8000 pts
2 brands 16000 pts
2 sat nights 8000 pts
2 holiday inns 8000 pts
2 holiday inn express 8000 pts
win big 48000 pts

total 96000 pts
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:51 pm

I saw my offer after logged in bigwin website. however, I do not see how to register it, or do I need to? And in my account under "My offer status" I did not see big win 2014 list there. Instead, I have one item called "Earn at least 50,000 bonus points. Register to find out how.". But no link to registration. Anyone knows what that is? Thanks!

Originally Posted by treznor
Looks like the bigwin.ihg.com website is back up-and-running. I was getting a user/pass request earlier as well, just tried again and getting the normal page now.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Now the question is... is it for 2 different Holiday Inn Express' or just one 2 times?
My question as well. I suppose we won't know until reports start coming in during January.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have "Stay at 3 Holiday Inn hotels ..." as one of mine, and it's not clear whether that means three different properties, or three qualifying HI stays?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Whats a "Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast" ? Is it the same as "best rate" that has "free breakfast" listed?
Also "Stay at 2 different IHG brands" - would HI Select and HI Express qualify for two different brands?

Last edited by ThePointsCollector; Dec 17, 2013 at 5:26 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Whats a "Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast" ? Is it the same as "best rate" that has "free breakfast" listed?
Yes, I think so, but you should double check that such a rate actually says "Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast" as the official name; only that exact booking code will trigger promo credit.

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Also "Stay at 2 different IHG brands" - would HI Select and HI Express qualify for two different brands?
Yes - Holiday Inn Express is a distinct brand, while any other property with the words "Holiday Inn" in its name falls under the general Holiday Inn brand (for promo purposes).
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Maybe I'll get an offer next year that's actually worth pursuing, since I'm going from RA and 80-ish nights a year to Amb (as of Feb 14) and less than 10 nights this year...
Pretty much my story. The targets I've received for these types of promos are virtually unachievable while those of others who are not regulars at IHG properties get targets that are quite easily achieved and rather generous. I'm down to half the number of nights I had last year, will only get Gold status (not interested in another credit card for Platinum) from my points/nights tally. Though I registered to see what my targets would be, appears from my travel plans for the first quarter that I won't bother with this one.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Its been confirmed by Facebook IHG employees - Stay Smart is solely for Holiday Inn Express and Change Your View is solely for Holiday Inn.

Waiting on confirmation of whether we can stay at same property or if it requires 2 different properties.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Its been confirmed by Facebook IHG employees - Stay Smart is solely for Holiday Inn Express and Change Your View is solely for Holiday Inn.

Waiting on confirmation of whether we can stay at same property or if it requires 2 different properties.
And it seems that people who got the conflicting T&Cs have now had their task changed to match the T&Cs, rather than the T&Cs changed to match their task. Mine always said Holiday Inn, but originally showed Stay Smart, but now when I log in again today it shows Change Your View.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And it seems that people who got the conflicting T&Cs have now had their task changed to match the T&Cs, rather than the T&Cs changed to match their task. Mine always said Holiday Inn, but originally showed Stay Smart, but now when I log in again today it shows Change Your View.
That's correct. Exactly what happened to me and what others are reporting.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Start the day off right T&Cs posted, but still very confusing

They say in part:
Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number “Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast Package” stays have been consumed by the member between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotels worldwide. Our Best Flexible Rate is the best available unrestricted, publicly available rate for that room type at the time of reservation. While lower rates may be available, they will require payment at time of booking, a minimum length of stay or will be non-refundable. Please check at the time of your reservation to be sure you are booking the most suitable rate for your travel needs. Some restrictions apply based on individual hotel policies. Click here to book Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast Packages
1. The breakfast is included free for all at Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites. At those brands, does that mean you only need to book the regular Best Flex Rate (not a breakfast package)?

2. There is no breakfast at all at Candlewood Suites (unless you buy stuff from the pantry, but there's no rate that includes that). So again, since they included that brand in the list, does it mean only need to book the regular Best Flex Rate (not a breakfast package)?

3. First they say you need to book Best Flexible Rate with Breafkast Package, but then the next sentence only talks about the Best Flexible Rate (not the package!). So which is it???

4. The link to "click here to book Best Flexible Rate With Breakfast Pacakages" brings up Candlewood Suites and Holiday Inn Express and when you show rates of course it only shows other rates (Best Flexible without breakfast mentioned). So again, which is it? And if it's Best Rate Flex with Breakfast Package only, what good is this link???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.