Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimike
Is the only way to get my missing 40k+ points by calling?
Read my experience several posts above (post 1630). I had to involve a supervisor, forward an email they had sent me months earlier (to an email address the supervisor provided), etc, to get it resolved.

This seem to require an interactive process to get it resolved. Email is not interactive. If IHG had online chat sessions, they way Amex does for example, then it might possible to do that way, since chat is interactive. But lacking any other interactive processes at IHG, yes, it seems a phone call (and be prepared for it being a long involved phone call) is necessary.

And, before you call, find any emails you still have about your Big Win (mine was dated Apr 3 of this year and titled "Keep it up" and sent from IHG Rewards Club <[email protected]>, in case that info helps you find yours) and/or make scans of any printouts you made of your Big Win offer page, since you may be asked to send those in the call. (Ie, you'll need to provide documentation on your targeted Big Win offer, since they've already thrown away all their records of it!)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Read my experience several posts above (post 1630). I had to involve a supervisor, forward an email they had sent me months earlier (to an email address the supervisor provided), etc, to get it resolved.

This seem to require an interactive process to get it resolved. Email is not interactive. If IHG had online chat sessions, they way Amex does for example, then it might possible to do that way, since chat is interactive. But lacking any other interactive processes at IHG, yes, it seems a phone call (and be prepared for it being a long involved phone call) is necessary.

And, before you call, find any emails you still have about your Big Win (mine was dated Apr 3 of this year and titled &quot;Keep it up&quot; and sent from IHG Rewards Club &lt;[email protected]&gt;, in case that info helps you find yours) and/or make scans of any printouts you made of your Big Win offer page, since you may be asked to send those in the call. (Ie, you'll need to provide documentation on your targeted Big Win offer, since they've already thrown away all their records of it!)
Yes, I definitely read your post, was hoping to avoid going through what you did.

I do very much appreciated you detailing your experience, I made a point of finding the email showing my Big Win points when I originally read your post.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimike
was hoping to avoid going through what you did.
Well, based on my experience, you might be able to simplify what I went through. First step would be to try to get to a supervisor as soon as possible, because I'd say the lengthy amount of time I spent with the first-level agent that I first talked to was mostly a waste. Second step you already did, by finding the right email before you call (that took me at least 5 minutes to do while I was on the call!).

The last step (where they do stuff while not on the phone and then call you back later), I don't think you can skip that wait for the call-back, since they have to rummage through your account to see which tasks already posted and which didn't; you can't even see that online for tasks which posted more than 180 days ago, which by now includes all of January and half of February. (Some of my tasks did post that early.)

Otherwise, the complexity depends on which tasks you're missing. Part of my complexity was explaing how the so-called "mobile booking" task had T&Cs that didn't match the short description of the task. If "mobile booking" is not part of your missing tasks (or if it was but you did use the mobile app), yours might be a little simpler for that reason too.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 19, 2014 at 4:44 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Well, based on my experience, you might be able to simplify what I went through. First step would be to try to get to a supervisor as soon as possible, because I'd say the lengthy amount of time I spent with the first-level agent that I first talked to was mostly a waste. Second step you already did, by finding the right email before you call (that took me at least 5 minutes to do while I was on the call!).

The last step (where they do stuff while not on the phone and then call you back later), I don't think you can skip that wait for the call-back, since they have to rummage through your account to see which tasks already posted and which didn't; you can't even see that online for tasks which posted more than 180 days ago, which by now includes all of January and half of February. (Some of my tasks did post that early.)

Otherwise, the complexity depends on which tasks you're missing. Part of my complexity was explaing how the so-called "mobile booking" task had T&Cs that didn't match the short description of the task. If "mobile booking" is not part of your missing tasks (or if it was but you did use the mobile app), yours might be a little simpler for that reason too.
I had a big problem with the mobile booking task, since it never posted. My emails show that I didn't complete mobile booking or the survey. But, IHG did manually post the points for the mobile booking a few months ago, and I did receive the 100 pts for the survey early on.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
I have no idea how similar it will be, but in my long conversation a few days ago with the two agents (that I detailed above), one of them mentioned that a new promotion will be coming soon, but had no details (not even of timing).
'Soon' is the present now. I'm impatiently waiting for that new promotion. Switching all my September IHG bookings to HHonors if nothing comes up by Friday next week...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.