Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:11 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by whimike
Either the mobile app or website can be used for this challenge. So, you should be able to use the iPhone App, Android App, or any IHG Website. I would have thought this would mean the mobile IHG web, but the way the T&C's read, it could be argued that even the standard desktop IHG website should qualify.

The T&C's of the "IHG Mobile App Booking" challenge states:

"Bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked on any IHG web or mobile apps between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive)"

It then states this:

"For a complete list of IHG web and mobile apps please Click here."

And, the "click here" link goes to a page that basically shows nothing.
Thanks.
I'll book via the android app and post back how it posted.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by Tom Elliott
Hi All

Has anyone had 'get it to win' track successfully yet?

I applied for and got the black visa early Jan. Some stays early feb were paid, earned the correct multiplier on CC points, and these points have now transferred over the IHG. The stays have registered for other targets (# of stays, and # of brands) however 'get it to win' hasn't tracked yet. Asked via missing points on the site, and got the usual 6-8 weeks spiel... curious to know if anyone has had this track properly yet.

Cheers
I too got the card in Jan and paid for stays for the begining if Feb. Points showing on credit card statment but no sign of points in IHG and the Big win task is not showing as completed.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:22 am

Credit Card

I got the card on the 10th of January and paid for a stay straight away which was charged to the card and on the first bill n 5th of feb. However because the stay was booked for mid feb, you need to wait 6 weeks from the day stayed regardless of when you booked and paid it.

so if your planning on booking a cheap night and not staying think again, cos you wont get the points.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimike
It then states this:

"For a complete list of IHG web and mobile apps please Click here."

And, the "click here" link goes to a page that basically shows nothing.
The links in the T&C are out of sync. If you click on the next link (halfway down the paragraph), which claims to be a link for something else, it has a link to a page that lists apps, including a Windows 8 app!
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mowake
I got the card on the 10th of January and paid for a stay straight away which was charged to the card and on the first bill n 5th of feb. However because the stay was booked for mid feb, you need to wait 6 weeks from the day stayed regardless of when you booked and paid it.

so if your planning on booking a cheap night and not staying think again, cos you wont get the points.
mmm.... I booked and stayed 15th Jan.
Charged to card, appeared in statement, balance cleared and still no sign of the BIG WIN points 8 weeks later!
Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:59 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

I have completed everything but 2 of my stays that I booked on IHG.com back in January have not posted....I talked to IHG and they said I am good, but they are aware of the Big Win not updating. Waiting and seeing...
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by scootr29
I have completed everything but 2 of my stays that I booked on IHG.com back in January have not posted....I talked to IHG and they said I am good, but they are aware of the Big Win not updating. Waiting and seeing...
I have so far 5 stays and only one posted in book with IHG.com it was also my second stay. Still waiting for the second... (the stays were on February)
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I have so far 5 stays and only one posted in book with IHG.com it was also my second stay. Still waiting for the second... (the stays were on February)
Was the second stay any different?
Do you use any rebates sites, portals etc?

Was it a full (computer) browser booking on IHG.com or did you use your phone/device.

What rate was the booking at?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by gnarly
Was the second stay any different?
Do you use any rebates sites, portals etc?

Was it a full (computer) browser booking on IHG.com or did you use your phone/device.

What rate was the booking at?
Nope they were all booked the same way. I always book through IHG.com not using a device.

Last edited by BRAISKI; Mar 17, 2014 at 10:34 am
Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:53 pm

All my previous stays posted on Big Win in the first 4 days or so. My last 2 stays (Staybridge on 8th, HI on 9th) haven't posted. It's now been 9 days. And of course, all were booked via IHG.com, and I have no credit for "booking with IHG".
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Still haven't seen a "completed" banner on my IHG cc stay yet. He stay itself has posted for all the other activities it qualified for - Sat night stay, Holiday Inn stay, general stay but it hasn't ticked off my IHG credit card stay. Annoying and I've emailed to no avail. Been a month.

Anyone else having trouble getting credit for the cc requirement?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Still haven't seen a "completed" banner on my IHG cc stay yet. He stay itself has posted for all the other activities it qualified for - Sat night stay, Holiday Inn stay, general stay but it hasn't ticked off my IHG credit card stay. Annoying and I've emailed to no avail. Been a month.

I got the cc requirement one about a month ago, after my 3rd stay I think.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Does the stay have to be in the big win promo period? I've got the card, booked and paid but won't stay til early may. Didn't see anything in the t&cs that said that wouldn't work.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by Asaro
Just as a data point, one of my goals was "Book with IHG" and I never had any issue with getting my bookings recognized. The two required bookings were done via the mobile app.
When were your stays and when did you book?

Did you use rewards portal?

Rewards portals fill in IATA field, not sure if that is what's causing the problem?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by fireworksboy

No win for me.
I received the card in the third week of January and have paid for 7 stays using it. I am approaching the end of my second billing cycle, but nothing is showing (other than the regular points for general spend, hotel spend and the activation bonus.)
I've just raised an issue with the contact form for the "Get it to win" item as well as the "Book with IHG"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.