Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: Too many...
Well, they finally fixed the survey problem. Received an email entitled "It's time to celebrate" which said the challenge had been completed.

Went to the site and my big win shows as completed now and all the points have been posted including the outstanding Big Win ones. Better late than never!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:01 am

Me too! Got the email and all bonus points were posted.

Originally Posted by Flyersj18
Well, they finally fixed the survey problem. Received an email entitled "It's time to celebrate" which said the challenge had been completed.

Went to the site and my big win shows as completed now and all the points have been posted including the outstanding Big Win ones. Better late than never!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
My wife too. Four stays and 108000 points. I required inter alia 56 nights and 12 Saturdays, so I kindly declined.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: AA Marriott Hyatt
I sent an email two days ago about the Big Win not posting and got a response this morning with the points. Glad to see it appears it worked for everyone. Was very impressed by this promotion. All it required for me to earn almost 82k points were 2 nights in a CP (which had been planned anyway), 2 nights at 2 Holiday Inns and 1 night at an IC. In the process, IHG renewed my Platinum status and my Ambassador status after almost no stays last year. The bribery worked and IHG is my preferred choice this year (still not too sure about those Holiday Inns though.)
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I got an email which seems to indicate the survey is completed. Points are yet to flow, and the big win status count still does not count the survey in the total. But the email is progress, I guess....
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:43 am
In Memoriam

I just have a hard time keeping up with anything IHG; the lag time to post a stay, the lag time for this promo, the lag time for surveys; it makes it untenable.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:45 am
In Memoriam

On another note, on the home page they show Holiday Inn Resorts as a brand but for the purpose of this promo, it counts as a Holiday Inn. I don't understand that.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Received an email entitled "It's time to celebrate"
I got the same email, but my totals were unchanged. I'll put the celebratory champagne on ice

I'm beginning to think this is an elaborate ruse to get us all to visit the IHG site every day @:-)
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
my points (BW final award) posted overnight.

however, fwiw, the BW site still does not show the credit

In the end, it took about 30 days (and one email) from my final checkout for the final award of points to work its way thru the BW system
Old Mar 22, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Maybe they can fix the "Book with Us" offer now!!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Still haven't seen a "completed" banner on my IHG cc stay yet. He stay itself has posted for all the other activities it qualified for - Sat night stay, Holiday Inn stay, general stay but it hasn't ticked off my IHG credit card stay. Annoying and I've emailed to no avail. Been a month.

Anyone else having trouble getting credit for the cc requirement?
Finally posted this week. Took4 weeks but it came thru.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ajamieson
I got the same email, but my totals were unchanged. I'll put the celebratory champagne on ice

I'm beginning to think this is an elaborate ruse to get us all to visit the IHG site every day @:-)
I'm going to stick with what Hanlon's Razor tells me
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:29 pm

Got the email for survey too,but waiting for "Book with IHG" to post still.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Do points + cash nights count for qualification? Looks like they do, but want to confirm.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Do points + cash nights count for qualification? Looks like they do, but want to confirm.
My understanding is they don't. Would like to hear otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.