Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Really? Because my T&C says that if I stay at two places in the same city, it only counts as one. I guess I will notice myself, since I am staying at Crowne Plaza Republique this week and Le Grand last weekend. Both are part of the hotel list of my "Live the city life" offer.

From my T&C:

Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after stays at required number of distinct cities from the following list of cities.

Only one hotel stay per distinct city will be reward towards this offer.
I can confirm that two hotels in the same city (Paris for me) counted for me as well, so I completed this offer by one BOGO stay at IC Le Grand and a second paid stay at CP Republique. I also have a stay in Amsterdam next week, so even if they fix this error, I will complete this anyways, since Amsterdam was part of the list as well.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
It did not work for me when I stayed in 2 different London hotels - it did work as advertised in 2 different cities though!

aks120
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by aks120
It did not work for me when I stayed in 2 different London hotels - it did work as advertised in 2 different cities though!

aks120
Maybe it is a "problem" related to Paris then. Because the original poster that I responded to (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...l#post22550502) saw this after two stays in Paris as well.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:23 am

Another thing I have noticed is that they seem to be processing Big Win several times a week now and not just on Mondays as it was before.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Well I did use the app, and I haven't had a single sign of activity for this task on the Big Win page either. So unless it's a special web link that none of us can access, we can conclude the tracking is broken.

Same here, so I thought I'd uppgrade the app to see if that made a change
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ain-later.html
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
As predicted the 20k bonus for taking out and paying for a stay with the IHG Black VISA hasn't posted. It's recognised the stay on my Big Win tracker (one of six stays challenge and one of two locations challenge), but zero recognition of using the VISA. Have emailed IHGCare - will see what they say but suspect this will be a bit of a long drawn-out battle!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I have another quick update...

I stayed at HI this past weekend... March 22 (Sat - Sun)
This is for my...
- Win in a Weekend (nothing yet)
- Change your view (nothing yet)
- Start the day off right (Posted on the Big Win page, but not in my account yet) EDIT: Just got posted to my account now.
- *Book with IHG (for sure nothing yet, still haven't gotten a credit for my previous stays)

Last edited by BRAISKI; Mar 28, 2014 at 10:37 pm
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:11 am

To those of you who have contacted IHG regarding the points not posting from "Book with IHG"... how did you make contact? Was it through the main IHG website form for "missing points"? A special phone number or email?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
To those of you who have contacted IHG regarding the points not posting from "Book with IHG"... how did you make contact? Was it through the main IHG website form for "missing points"? A special phone number or email?
Yes through Missing Points.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:32 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
People had success with twitter, phone and website form. On phone I only had luck after escalating to a SV. Twitter was useless to me, but has helped others.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I have another quick update...

I stayed at HI this past weekend... March 22 (Sat - Sun)
This is for my...
- Win in a Weekend (nothing yet)
- Change your view (nothing yet)
- Start the day off right (Posted on the Big Win page, but not in my account yet) EDIT: Just got posted to my account now.
- *Book with IHG (for sure nothing yet, still haven't gotten a credit for my previous stays)
Stayed at Staybridge SFO last Saturday 3/22. Posted to account but not yet to Big Win. I don't recall it taking this long before.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Many managed to get BW13 points posted retroactively long after, and I wondered if anyone has managed this for BW14 yet, or if everyone has just gotten then wait x weeks response.

If anything resolved, what issues (not single stay not posting but BW system problems like survey, BF etc) have you managed to resolve?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by skaya
Many managed to get BW13 points posted retroactively long after, and I wondered if anyone has managed this for BW14 yet, or if everyone has just gotten then wait x weeks response.

If anything resolved, what issues (not single stay not posting but BW system problems like survey, BF etc) have you managed to resolve?

I had three stays (2 hotels, an IC and a HI) where the split reservation IC stays posted as non-qual and the HI posted company rate as non-qual. I ended up missing 7stay nightss, 3x Saturdays and HI brand.

Once hotels organised corrections with IHG corporate, my nights in account were corrected, but Bigwin does not recognise the corrected nights.

I filled in online missing points form, selected missing promo poinys (as agaist stay points) and provided dates of manually corrected stays and hotel names, saying 7 nights not recognised in BigWin 2014 for stay nights/Sat nights/Cities/Brands.

Never received the usual reply email saying fixed, but 5-6 weeks later with no notice, I saw my bigwin stay night count jump by 7nights, and the Sat nights count correct etc too.

As I only have 5 targets , 30nights, 3 cities, 8 saturdays, 5 brands ++ survey (with survey completed) and last weekend i did my final stay, 3nights HIX London, counting as 3nights +1City + 1Saturday + 5th Brand, and the 3nights already posted to my IHG member Account.

This one stay completes exactly my 4challenge tasks, so I wait for Monday for BigWin to update, 30/30 nights - 8/8 Saturdays - 3/3 Cities - 5/5 Brands, thus show completed and hopefully give me 98K tasks points and 97K WinBig bonus for 195K from that one 3night stay.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:21 pm

Website form for me no reply x 48 hours now.
What's the phone number to call? I can't find it. Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:06 pm
alc

Originally Posted by skaya

I had all my points for Big Win 2014 all posted about a week ago. My issue was with the survey issue that seems to be the same for most people. Once IHG resolved this issue around 2 weeks ago and my 10th stay posted, all Big Win stuff posted after a day or two.

[EDIT]

Actually, my 100 points for the survey have not post yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.