Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Just did the 2014 Bigwin survey as a kind FTer posted it is available already. That will give me my complete 2014 Bigwin total of 100/195,900

o Stay more and earn at 30,600 (27 nights needed)
o Explore our brands at 31.200 (5 Brands needed )
o Live the city life at 16,800 (3 European cities Needed)
o Win in a weekend at 19,200 (8 Saturdays needed (same as 4Q2013 task ) ) <== I think one poor IHG'ers posted target is 12 Saturdays
o Survey the win at 100 (DONE ! )
o Win Big Bonus at 98,000 (5/5 offers- Impossible with 8 Sat nights task)
TOTAL = 195,900

Note, In effect only 4/4 tasks, as a survey is not really a task

I will NOT be participating yet again, as similar to 4Q2013, I am tasked with 8 Saturday nights when I average only 2x Saturdays per quarter.
Unless some recurring night/stay bonus like 1Q2013 comes along, or IC's revert to 20points/us$ like USA, I don't see many paid IHG stays happening for me this quarter.
Just like 4Q2013 cheaper to buy points than to, i)fly to 2x extra cities, ii) book 6x expensive unused M/Run Sat nights in Amsterdam.

I know the grass is not always greener elsewhere, but the 27 nights wanted in stay more + earn more task, will almost get me HH Diamond, and if I time my 30th stay correctly at start of April?, eg HH's new status year, that HH Diamond will be for 2 years until March 2016 ... seems a better target for me. (Just sad the HH airlines bonus per stay is biting the dust )

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 6, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:51 pm

Any way to narrow down/find hotel choices by "best flexible rate with breakfast" option? Few hotels I checked in the city don't give me the rate with breakfast option, which is one of my tasks. TIA
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Any way to narrow down/find hotel choices by "best flexible rate with breakfast" option? Few hotels I checked in the city don't give me the rate with breakfast option, which is one of my tasks. TIA
If you haven't already, uncheck brands that can't possibly have it, such as Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood Suites, and Staybridge Suites. (Only brands that have hotel restaurants can have this rate.)

Unless you're using the link from this task's T&Cs, you won't see a separate "best flex rate with breakfast" automatically. What you'll see is "best flex rate", and then if the hotel has a "with breakfast" optoin, there will be a checkbox on the right, showing you how much the add-on for the "with breakfast" option is. Once you click that check-box, the rate on the left rewords from "best flex rate" to "best flex rate with breakfast".

(If you are using the link from this tasks' T&Cs, it'll stupildly include those brands I said should be unchecked, so it may be more trouble than it's worth. That's because, due to a mistake, the T&Cs list those 3 brands, even though they can't possibly have a "best fleixble rate with breakfast".)
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch

Unless you're using the link from this task's T&Cs, you won't see a separate "best flex rate with breakfast" automatically. What you'll see is "best flex rate", and then if the hotel has a "with breakfast" optoin, there will be a checkbox on the right, showing you how much the add-on for the "with breakfast" option is. Once you click that check-box, the rate on the left rewords from "best flex rate" to "best flex rate with breakfast".
From what I now can see, the checkboxes have disappeared in favour of a rate code

Best to use this, rather than spend a long time arguing with C.S.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...breakfast-rate
Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
My promo......

1 night = 1,000
3 Nights= 3,000
3 brands= 7,000
Book 2 online = 2,000
3 Saturdays = 8,000
All done = 10.000

So, a paltry 31k that still needs one more Saturday than last years Big Win (which I made, and was for 132k).

31k won't even buy a night in a Crowne Plaza around here. It just makes Carlson's 38k after 3 nights promo look so much better...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by adl73x
My promo......

1 night = 1,000
3 Nights= 3,000
3 brands= 7,000
Book 2 online = 2,000
3 Saturdays = 8,000
All done = 10.000

So, a paltry 31k that still needs one more Saturday than last years Big Win (which I made, and was for 132k).

31k won't even buy a night in a Crowne Plaza around here. It just makes Carlson's 38k after 3 nights promo look so much better...
Are you sure it's not a miles offer?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Are you sure it's not a miles offer?

No, it is points - I got the same [I think it is the minimum, compared to BW2013 of 50k].
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:22 am

Hi guys, regarding the mobile booking task, I checked the TC:
"Bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked on any IHG web or mobile apps between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®......"

So, my question is, does the TC mean that bonus points will be awarded after making two mobile bookings or after we complete the two seperate stays?

Thank you!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by lz80521
Hi guys, regarding the mobile booking task, I checked the TC:
"Bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked on any IHG web or mobile apps between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®......"

So, my question is, does the TC mean that bonus points will be awarded after making two mobile bookings or after we complete the two seperate stays?

Thank you!
yes
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by bearvest
From what I now can see, the checkboxes have disappeared in favour of a rate code

Best to use this, rather than spend a long time arguing with C.S.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...breakfast-rate

Great, this works. Thanks^
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you haven't already, uncheck brands that can't possibly have it, such as Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood Suites, and Staybridge Suites. (Only brands that have hotel restaurants can have this rate.)

(If you are using the link from this tasks' T&Cs, it'll stupildly include those brands I said should be unchecked, so it may be more trouble than it's worth. That's because, due to a mistake, the T&Cs list those 3 brands, even though they can't possibly have a "best fleixble rate with breakfast".)

Thanks. ^ I was trying to avoid "looking" for hotels offering breakfast. I knew there had to be a simpler, more effective way of directly booking under this rate code...the link "bearvest" posted does just that.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
yes
Thanks. So, the bonus will be awarded after I complete the two stays booked through app? I thought it would be posted after I made the booking.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by lz80521
Thanks. So, the bonus will be awarded after I complete the two stays booked through app? I thought it would be posted after I made the booking.
Nope, you will only earn the points AFTER you have completed your stay.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by adl73x
My promo......

1 night = 1,000
3 Nights= 3,000
3 brands= 7,000
Book 2 online = 2,000
3 Saturdays = 8,000
All done = 10.000...
You're not alone... same for me. No go!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Stay more and earn at 9,200 (7 nights needed)
Explore our brands at 19.200 (4 Brands needed )
Start the Day off Right at 2000 (book 1 stay at best flexible rate with breakfast)
Win in a weekend at 8000 (2 Saturdays needed )
IHG Mobile App booking 4,800 (Book 3 separate stays through the IGH App)
Change your view at 5,600 ( Stay as 3 HI’s )
Survey the win at 100
Win Big Bonus at 49,000
Total = 97,900

Not bad I guess since I avoided IHG last year. Hesitate about the IHG app though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.