Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
is there an aaa? i was of the meaning about "auto club deutsch"?
AAA tariff works for German hotels good, while the German counterpart ADAC has no agreement with IHG as far as I know.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:44 am

Do properties in Europe count for the big win?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by bobby21
Do properties in Europe count for the big win?
yes, sure. I did most of my stays in Europe in Q4 and if it is an qualifying rate they will count towards BW.

Last edited by Yokdoc; Jan 14, 2014 at 7:48 am Reason: improved wording
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Just a data point - I've completed 4 challenges for this Big Win, nights have posted to my account, but none of the Big Win challenges has been updated yet. First night was Jan 4.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Just a data point - I've completed 4 challenges for this Big Win, nights have posted to my account, but none of the Big Win challenges has been updated yet. First night was Jan 4.
Mine have not as well and I've complete 3/5 tasks. I'm assuming that no ones have.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by krward
Mine have not as well and I've complete 3/5 tasks. I'm assuming that no ones have.
Haven't heard of anyone getting 2014 Big Win points yet. I'll finish all my my Big Win tasks by this weekend 86,000 points coming my way ^ Now if only IHG would actually start the processing so I can use them. For goodness sakes IHG, let's get a move on
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
The first Big Win points have posted to my account. I logged in today and saw that my 1500 points for the "Spend it to get it" goal have appeared. They were posted at about the same time as points from my monthly credit card statement.

There's an inconsistency between my account and my personalized promo page, though. While the 1500 points have posted to my awards account, the promo page still shows that I have not completed the "Spent it to get it" task. And while the promo page shows (correctly) that I completed the "Survey the win" task, those 100 points still haven't posted to my awards account 2 weeks later.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
The first Big Win points have posted to my account. I logged in today and saw that my 1500 points for the "Spend it to get it" goal have appeared. They were posted at about the same time as points from my monthly credit card statement.
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Haven't heard of anyone getting 2014 Big Win points yet.
Points for non-stay tasks (survey for me and some others, spending for the above poster) have posted (at least in some cases), but to date no one has yet seen any points for any stay-based tasks.

... And, btw, up to now the current Big Win page didn't use to have a "I accept the Program Terms & Conditions" checkbox (like the previous Big Win did), but tonight it seems to have added it, and the website is refusing to log me in as a result (I keep checking that box, and it keeps unchecking it !).
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
... And, btw, up to now the current Big Win page didn't use to have a "I accept the Program Terms & Conditions" checkbox (like the previous Big Win did), but tonight it seems to have added it, and the website is refusing to log me in as a result (I keep checking that box, and it keeps unchecking it !).
Been there all along for me - it just usually hides itself.....

(BTW nothing has posted for me - not even the survey)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
My first stay-based win has just posted to my IHG account. Big Win website has not been updated though...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I still didn't see any points as well.

Does anyone know if you get some points for those "badges"
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I still didn't see any points as well.

Does anyone know if you get some points for those "badges"
No points for badges.

First two challenges showed up: Change your view and Mobile app. Nothing updated on the Big Win webpage, though. Also, strangely enough, the breakfast challenge didn't post, even though both HIs that I stayed at were booked using the Breakfast rate (and oh god, the breakfast was terrible in one of them, and only average in the other). I can't wait for this challenge to be over. I hate HIs.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:36 am

Anyone in the north looking for a Saturday night HI Haydock M6 is currently £21 on 1st February. An executive room is coming in at the astronomical cost of £29 if you please
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
No points for badges.

First two challenges showed up: Change your view and Mobile app. Nothing updated on the Big Win webpage, though. Also, strangely enough, the breakfast challenge didn't post, even though both HIs that I stayed at were booked using the Breakfast rate (and oh god, the breakfast was terrible in one of them, and only average in the other). I can't wait for this challenge to be over. I hate HIs.
So its just a "waste" of time to get some of those badges then.

Most breakfast @ HI/X in NA are average at best. Europe though they have good breakfast.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Can I just express how annoying it is that I have to login a second time to their stupid Big Win page? Why can't it just hold my login credentials from my account? (And for that matter, why can it hold my last city/date search, but not my room preferences, which NEVER change.)

Grr, crappy IT makes me cranky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.