Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:35 pm
Suspended

My

Spend it to get it

points posted today. FINALLY. Not too many points (just 1500) but at least I know that my points will post.

I've also stayed at 3 brands. On my

Explore our brands

it is showing 2 out of the 3 brands. I suppose the other brand will show up soon and I will get about another 12000 points.

FINALLY!!!! THANK YOU IHG FOR FINALLY POSTING SOME POINTS!!!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Concerto
My activities for the Big Win this year have posted to my account. That includes completing 2 tasks, namely staying 2 Saturday nights and booking one Best Flexible with Breakfast rate.

Forgive my question if already answered, but -

Did we ever figure out if the Best Flexible with Breakfast rate was

A) Just a Best Flexible rate (where you get a free breakfast) or
B) A Best Flexible rate - and then you pay like $5 extra to include a breakfast

Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney

Reports are you need to choose from results list the rate line includes breakfast, and obviously flex+bf

Not allowed to take either of
a)adr+bf lines
b)Flex + tickbox breakfast.
c)HIE, Staybridge etc where bf is inclusive and not really a full breakfast
(Which obviously rules out certain IHG brands including HIE + Staybridge)
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney

I'm sure booking through this (http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...breakfast-rate) will count if the Best Flexible with Breakfast is listed as rate name and is available.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: Priority Club
Best Flex Rate With Breakfast

I have a confirmation email which says best flexible rate with breakfast at a holiday inn. I think there was a tick box to add breakfast to the best flex rate which came up.

"Rate Type: Best Flexible with Breakfast " is cut and paste straight from the email.

Surely I don't need to cancel and rebook using another link ??

This seems crazy, but would not be surprising.

UKD
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I have two bfr+br posted. I picked Best Flexible Rate and ticked add breakfast when I booked. There was no other way of booking a bfr with breakfast. So don't worry about it. So far I have 2 of 7 completed and I have received the points for them as well. I have partials on the others. Still waiting for one stay to post, but as has been said already. It seems to take 1-2 weeks for big win to update.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:38 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22213021-post19.html

My participating resort list has finally posted and none are in China.
Also if you have a food spend task check the currency- my 2013 Big Win had it in USD but 2014 is in Euro so 35% more than I had assumed
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, but it's not specific to PointBreaks. PointBreaks are a type of reward stay, and reward stays don't count toward Big Win status. Only "qualifying" (meaning paid, among other things) stays count toward Big Win.
When I tried to claim my PointBreaks stays, here was the reply I got

After further review, we have confirmed the room rate paid during the stay in question was deeply discounted. As such, it is ineligible for credit to your account per section 12 of the IHG Rewards Club Terms and Conditions. However, you may qualify to earn credit for additional charges incurred during your stay. Please provide your hotel receipt verifying any additional room charges (mini-bar, phone calls, etc) and we will gladly award the necessary credit to your account.
I also never see the night was counted toward my qualifying night. when I asked further, no response back until now.

So I do not know if PointBreak will not earn any qualifying night or their system still cannot count the reward night as qualifying night....
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I didn't think anyone's Big Win individual requirement points have posted yet?
My "Spend it to get it" points posted 2 weeks ago, and my breakfast bonus posted this week. But the points for my survey challenge-- which I completed on January 2 and which the BW page shows me having completed-- still haven't posted. It's only 100 points so I don't care too much if it's overlooked, as long as IHG counts it as completed so I can capture the big bonus at the end.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum
My Start the day right points tallied up on the big win site today, and also posted to my account. No sign of the survey points yet.

I do like how the nights that are count towards each task are shown, along with the date of the stay.

The site is a little buggy, but getting better.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKDegsy
I have a confirmation email which says best flexible rate with breakfast at a holiday inn. I think there was a tick box to add breakfast to the best flex rate which came up.

"Rate Type: Best Flexible with Breakfast " is cut and paste straight from the email.

Surely I don't need to cancel and rebook using another link ??

This seems crazy, but would not be surprising.

UKD
If you look carefully, as you check the tick box for add breakfast on a Best Flexible Rate, on the left of the screen the rate name changes to Best Flexible Rate With Breakfast. Voila, it's now the rate that this promo needs.

There is no other way of getting the Best Flexible Rate With Breakfast through the normal hotel search process. (There was a special link supposedly for that rate linked in the T&Cs for this promo, but it was seriously broken, and while it did lead you to the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast directly at some hotels, it led you to completely different rates at many other hotels.)

Now, checking a tick box when your rate isn't already Best Flexible Rate, that's something else entirely, and may not count (we don't have any data points for that yet that I know of).
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:26 pm

Does Points + Cash count towards stays for the Big win?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
HIX bfr + bf

Since HIX has automatically bf included, do they accept a HIX stay valid for the breakfast challenge?

I already asked IHG "service center" via email, but (as meanwhile nearly usual) got no answer.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by MrLion
Since HIX has automatically bf included, do they accept a HIX stay valid for the breakfast challenge?

I already asked IHG "service center" via email, but (as meanwhile nearly usual) got no answer.
No. And this question has already been answered in this very thread.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:26 pm

My 'stay with 2 brands' points were posted to my account today, about 12 days after two stays at HI and HIX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.