Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Has anyone received big win points for 2014 yet? I have completed two stays so far and no credit yet.
I haven't gotten anything yet. I had a stay 12/31-1/1 (don't expect that to count, but it's listed on my main activity page as counting for this year) and a stay 1/3-1/5. That last one should have shown up on the Big Win page on Mon 1/13.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perthite
Originally Posted by sdsearch
... And, btw, up to now the current Big Win page didn't use to have a "I accept the Program Terms & Conditions" checkbox (like the previous Big Win did), but tonight it seems to have added it, and the website is refusing to log me in as a result (I keep checking that box, and it keeps unchecking it !).
Been there all along for me - it just usually hides itself.....
Wow, so today I was having the same problem for a while, then I just noticed it finally hid itself, tried to log in one more time after that, and this time it worked! So if it hides itself it works but if it exposes itself it doesn't???

(By "worked" i mean I was able to log in. But that was kinda pointless, since still nothing has posted to Big Win from even my 1/2-1/3 stay.)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:01 pm
Suspended

IHG websites have a habit of not really working right...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:13 pm
Suspended

OK I'm starting to not like this promo. The purpose of a promo with multiple tasks is so that one can see his/her progress while completing the tasks. It sort of motivates one to keep going. Not seeing anything post makes this promo boring, and I'm losing interest.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:02 am

I agree

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
OK I'm starting to not like this promo. The purpose of a promo with multiple tasks is so that one can see his/her progress while completing the tasks. It sort of motivates one to keep going. Not seeing anything post makes this promo boring, and I'm losing interest.
I agree I have stayed 7 nights since the first and none of them have updated on the big win yet.....but to be fair i think they are probably still sorting out alot of claims from the big win 2013...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by martinp13
I haven't gotten anything yet. I had a stay 12/31-1/1 (don't expect that to count, but it's listed on my main activity page as counting for this year) and a stay 1/3-1/5. That last one should have shown up on the Big Win page on Mon 1/13.
Did you check the 2013 Big Win? My stay on Dec 31st was posted in the 2013 stay which I was really hoping it would be counted for 2014.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
my big win total is 33k, not really worth it for me to chase this deal.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
no credit posted for my 3 nights/2 stays. Instead, god a "Rewards Seeker" badge for multiple times logins.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:00 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Didn't see this posted, but thought that folks might want to see this [targeted] offer for AA miles instead of points. . .

The IHG Big Win is back with new offers and more opportunities to earn miles for your stays. Register now to earn up to 8,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for stays January 1 - April 30, 2014, at any of the 4,600 hotels in 100 countries and territories in the IHG family of brands. This is the perfect time to discover all the world's largest hotel loyalty program has to offer to help you earn more bonus miles for your stays.

Award: Up to 8,000 bonus miles

Dates: January 1 – April 30, 2014
Link to aa.com.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not only that, but the T&Cs of some tasks are not clear. So some of us are reluctant to do some tasks (or continue some tasks that have multiple stays needed) until we see verification (from our own Big Win task status or posts about someone else's) about what worked and what didn't.

For examples:
Some people are wondering if bonus 5000 points + breakfast rates count for the "best flex rate plus breakfast" task. No one will know until someone tries it, the stay itself posts to the Big Win, and then they see whether it counted for the "start your day off right" task or not.

It's assumed (both from wording and CSR comments) that booking on the IHG website counts for the so-called "mobile" booking task. But I don't want to make any more bookings until I verify that it actually worked, which requires that at least one of those stay posts to the Big Win!
So with me it has nothing to do with "motivation" (two of my three remaining stays have to be Saturdays, and I'm going to wait until later in the promo period for those anyway when there's actually places I might want to go on Saturdays), but simply waiting to see what works and what doesn't on what I've done so far before I decide what to do next.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LRD
Didn't see this posted, but thought that folks might want to see this [targeted] offer for AA miles instead of points. . .
Or might not want, even if they want AA miles. You actually get fewer miles than you would if you collected points and then converted to miles (because lots of other bonuses that you can "stack" with the Big Win, as well as status bonuses, only work for points, not miles).
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:09 pm
Suspended

What could be more clear? I am also wondering what happens if I don't CONSUME the actual breakfast [food] but I still CONSUME the “Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast Package.” How will IHG know what I actually CONSUMED???

Seriously though, utterly ridiculous.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:37 pm

What could be more clear? I am also wondering what happens if I don't CONSUME the actual breakfast [food] but I still CONSUME the “Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast Package.” How will IHG know what I actually CONSUMED???

Seriously though, utterly ridiculous.
uh oh. I paid the breakfast rate but didn't eat breakfast. I violated the T&C and now my account is closed.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by GlobalTravellerTom
For 2014 Big Win, I have already completed 2 of the 6 tasks and it does not show on the BW site nor have the points been credited to my account.

For 2013 Big Win, the BW site stopped logging my stays on my last 2 required and has left me waiting for nearly 80k points which completes all my challenges
For 2013 Win Big, my Spend It to Get It never posted. Therefore, I never got my Win Big points either. I called IHG, and my points were immediately posted to my account. Call them.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Haven't heard of anyone getting 2014 Big Win points yet. I'll finish all my my Big Win tasks by this weekend 86,000 points coming my way ^ Now if only IHG would actually start the processing so I can use them. For goodness sakes IHG, let's get a move on
Strangely enough, 2 of the categories have already post the points to my account! Yet The Big Win site show zero points and zero categories completed.

Completely backwards from how last year's posted.

I've actually completed all the tasks already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.