Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by timetosave
I would be curious to know this as well. Mine wants me to stay at two Intercontinentals and if possible I'd like these to be with the same property.
I'd be careful trying to get two stays at the same property.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:40 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I'm expected to stay at 4 Intercontinental hotels and will stay in only 2 different properties (but more than 4 times). If someone could clarify with IHG if the properties have to be different or if merely different stays are required that would be great. I tried to contact their call center but the lady who tried to assist me was pretty clueless...
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
From the phrasing, it should be taken to mean 4 different IC hotels.

Plan your bigwin stays as 4 different IC's, that way and you can't miss out on your task + bigwin bonus by looking to shortcut the task and end up disappointed.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
Used AAA in Germany and it counted too.
is there an aaa? i was of the meaning about "auto club deutsch"?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Has anyone received big win points for 2014 yet? I have completed two stays so far and no credit yet.
The only target I've completed so far is the survey. The promo website says I've earned the points but they haven't appeared in my IHG awards account within the past 12 days.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:48 pm

Wow, glad I just re-checked, as my offer changed for the better, and my husband's changed for the worse. We have a two night stay this weekend, booked in his name. Guess I'll change the reservation to me. I hadn't looked at our offers since registering in December. Does anyone know if changes are still happening, or if I can count on the current offer being stable?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by greek2me
Can anyone with personal experience tell me if a reservation made through the UR portal to IHG website still count toward Big Win?
I had two stays for the 2013 promo that I booked through the UR Portal into the IHG website and they both counted for the 2013 Big Win.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
It's been a week since my first two stays posted, but I'm not seeing confirmation of accomplished goals on the Big Win page. I'm not panicking (yet) because maybe they're just really slow. But it would be a lot more fun to get immediate feedback (rather than vague worry).
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:57 pm
Suspended

I've EATEN 2 stays so far, and they have posted in my account as "qualifying stays" but I'm not seeing these stays credited to the Big Win II promo yet. Any Big Win points posting yet?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by BigE
It's been a week since my first two stays posted, but I'm not seeing confirmation of accomplished goals on the Big Win page. I'm not panicking (yet) because maybe they're just really slow. But it would be a lot more fun to get immediate feedback (rather than vague worry).
Agreed. IHG is so slow to post! Its not worry that annoys me, but rather the fact that I want these points so I can redeem them. In my experience other chains are much quicker to post points.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by MoreMiles!
I'm expected to stay at 4 Intercontinental hotels and will stay in only 2 different properties (but more than 4 times). If someone could clarify with IHG if the properties have to be different or if merely different stays are required that would be great. I tried to contact their call center but the lady who tried to assist me was pretty clueless...
I e-mailed Ambassador services and they responded, "We wish to clarify that the offer 'Authentic Experiences' requires seven (7) different InterContinental Hotels and Resorts property . . ."
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Has anyone received big win points for 2014 yet? I have completed two stays so far and no credit yet.
For 2014 Big Win, I have already completed 2 of the 6 tasks and it does not show on the BW site nor have the points been credited to my account.

For 2013 Big Win, the BW site stopped logging my stays on my last 2 required and has left me waiting for nearly 80k points which completes all my challenges
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
My only stay this year so far has not posted and I've done what I've been doing all fall, using the online system to request points. As with the others, I will have to wait and see what happens
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:14 am

Is anybody else having problems signing into the big win 2014 page? I seem to be locked out, tried logging in different times and laptops over last few days and it wont let me in at all....anybody else having this issue?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by mowake
Is anybody else having problems signing into the big win 2014 page? I seem to be locked out, tried logging in different times and laptops over last few days and it wont let me in at all....anybody else having this issue?
had this problem earlier that day too, but now the site is running smooth for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.