Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Is it possible to check-in and check-out virtually, via a phone call?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Quarantine
Is it possible to check-in and check-out virtually, via a phone call?
no.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Big Win credits have been slow to post, but the mobile app credits have finally come through.

Still no credit for "Book and pay for 1 stay with your IHG® Rewards Club credit card" after 2 stays.

Has anyone else seen this credit post? Was it much later than the other credits?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Big Win credits have been slow to post, but the mobile app credits have finally come through.

Still no credit for "Book and pay for 1 stay with your IHG® Rewards Club credit card" after 2 stays.

Has anyone else seen this credit post? Was it much later than the other credits?
Same problem- missing that credit as well, and no response to my complaint about it.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm still missing my book through IHG website or mobile credit. My challenge specifically says book through IHG website or mobile site. I did book through IHG website, however I did go through Mr Rebates so I hope that is not why it hasn't posted yet. Anyone else confirm they have received credit through that challenge and booked through Cashback site?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
In the exact same position as you canesfan - I'm not overly worried at the moment as I haven't seen anyone confirm the book direct credits have shown up.

Like you, I booked through a cashback site but I don't think that should affect the credit for these...
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm still concerned that my 100 survey points will gum up the whole Big Win bonus; shows as completed, but not as a "completed task" in the running totals; I made certain to do the survey after the promo period started, too!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by canesfan
I'm still missing my book through IHG website or mobile credit. My challenge specifically says book through IHG website or mobile site. I did book through IHG website, however I did go through Mr Rebates so I hope that is not why it hasn't posted yet. Anyone else confirm they have received credit through that challenge and booked through Cashback site?
I received credits for my website bookings at the start of the week and these were booked via Reward Gateway which is a workplace discount/cashback site in the UK so you should be fine if the same rule is applied across the board.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'm still concerned that my 100 survey points will gum up the whole Big Win bonus; shows as completed, but not as a "completed task" in the running totals; I made certain to do the survey after the promo period started, too!
I'm in the same boat. Also waiting on the mobile app credit. Unimpressed with IHG IT, as usual.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by monahos
I'm in the same boat. Also waiting on the mobile app credit. Unimpressed with IHG IT, as usual.
Mine posted quite quickly for the same challenge. I wonder why people are having trouble, hmm.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Same problem- missing that credit as well, and no response to my complaint about it.
+2
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Is it impossible to get a "Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast" stay credit on a Holiday Inn Express stay since Holiday Inn Expresses include free breakfast with all rates? Holiday Inn Expresses, of course, offer a "Best Flexible Rate," but breakfast is included on all Holiday Inn Express rates. The terms and conditions of the "Start the day off right" offer mention Holiday Inn Expresses (emphasis mine), so this is all very confusing:
Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number “Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast Package” stays have been consumed by the member between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotels worldwide. Our Best Flexible Rate is the best available unrestricted, publicly available rate for that room type at the time of reservation.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Is it impossible to get a "Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast" stay credit on a Holiday Inn Express stay since Holiday Inn Expresses include free breakfast with all rates? Holiday Inn Expresses, of course, offer a "Best Flexible Rate," but breakfast is included on all Holiday Inn Express rates. The terms and conditions of the "Start the day off right" offer mention Holiday Inn Expresses (emphasis mine), so this is all very confusing:
Yes...it has be a Holiday Inn...when you pick the Best Flexible Rate it can't have breakfast included. The correct one will have a box that you have to check to include breakfast for an additional charge, usually $10.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by krward
Yes...it has be a Holiday Inn...when you pick the Best Flexible Rate it can't have breakfast included. The correct one will have a box that you have to check to include breakfast for an additional charge, usually $10.
Actually there is a "Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast" rate tab that I could only get to show up by going into the T&C's of that specific task and clicking on the link there. Then you will see that rate available at HI's when searching
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
They're sloppily pasting in boilerplate here in terms of listing all the IHG brands.

The qualifying flex with breakfast rate comes up fine using the mobile app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.