Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by tdrag97
2 stays at Holiday Inns

Can this be HI, HIX? or just in HI
All the "Holiday Inn xxxxx" count as "HI" except "HIX", which is a separate brand.

Has anybody gotten credit for "Spend it to get it" by using their Chase IHG/PC credit card? I've booked and completed 2 stays with that card and have gotten no credit for either. Both my stays are recognized except for "Spend it to get it" and "Book with IHG".
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Has anybody gotten credit for "Spend it to get it" by using their Chase IHG/PC credit card? I've booked and completed 2 stays with that card and have gotten no credit for either. Both my stays are recognized except for "Spend it to get it" and "Book with IHG".
have your chase monthly statement close yet for those charged, that is when you get posted points for "spend it to get it"
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If by some chance it turns out really need to make the booking in an IHG app (or at least mobile website) to count .....
Is it possible that we are discussing 2 completely different Big Win challenges in this thread ? Neither of which is posting in a timely manner.

Some posters have referred to a "Book with IHG" challenge.

The challenge I received is referred to as the "IHG mobile app booking" offer.

Here is the link to the T and C's for my mobile app challenge;

https://bigwin.ihg.com/amer/us/en/te...ring14_DEFAULT
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by diles
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Has anybody who booked a stay on a computer website (ie. IHG.com) gotten Big Win credit for that stay?
I book always via ihg.com and my first stay in January has not been credited for the Book with IHG challenge but for all other. My 2nd stay has been credited 6 days after the checkout.
I have the same problem. Everything else has credited but not this promo. Seems like a lot of us haven't gotten any credit, so there are enough of us that make me think it is done back end error that will ultimately be fixed.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I had a stay at Indigo Newcastle last month, booked via priorityclub.com, and it's posted against the 'mobile' task in BW

I had a stay at HIX Inverness last week, booked via my iPhone App, and although the 'brand' has posted in BW the 'mobile' one hasn't.

Now I'm well and truly confused
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebobmc
Is it possible that we are discussing 2 completely different Big Win challenges in this thread ? Neither of which is posting in a timely manner.

Some posters have referred to a "Book with IHG" challenge.

The challenge I received is referred to as the "IHG mobile app booking" offer.

Here is the link to the T and C's for my mobile app challenge;

https://bigwin.ihg.com/amer/us/en/te...ring14_DEFAULT
And those T&C you linked (which are the same as mine) have the murky language:
"booked on any IHG web or mobile apps"
Which is why I keep referring to it as the "so-called" mobile booking app.

Btw, I've also been told by Customer Service that even though my task is called Mobile App, I can book on ihg.com using a normal computer and satisfy the task. (This was after I called and complained that their Android 2.3 apps can't run on my Andriod 2.2 phone.)

The issue is that we don't know whether the T&Cs are to be believed (or even how a phrase like "web app" is supposed to be read!), we don't know whether CS is to be believed, and we'd rather use real data points, but there aren't any, because no matter which promo people have and how they booked, it's not posting yet for 99% of the people.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The issue is that we don't know whether the T&Cs are to be believed (or even how a phrase like "web app" is supposed to be read!), we don't know whether CS is to be believed, and we'd rather use real data points, but there aren't any, because no matter which promo people have and how they booked, it's not posting yet for 99% of the people.
Agree completely ! And also agree that the language is murky at best. Murky language seems to be pretty much standard practice for many of the hotel promos.

The good news I suppose is that there are almost 3 months left in this promotion. Hopefully IHG will get their IT working properly, or at very least release some sort of official statement clarifying some of the issues that we are having difficulty with.

Otherwise IHG are going to create some very ill will for themselves. Which would seem to me to be the exact opposite of what a promotion is supposed to achieve !
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:07 am
Used to be 'lohiadk'

One of my offers under the getaway offer which requires a resort stay still does not pull up the list of hotels and the rewards club agents have no idea whats going on just say they have sent it to the relevant department to correct the same.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by tdrag97
have your chase monthly statement close yet for those charged, that is when you get posted points for "spend it to get it"
Not yet. 1st stay was 1 day after last close. Guess I'll have to wait a week or so.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
One of my challenges for the Big Win is to stay at 2 different Holiday Inn locations. I have an upcoming stay at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations resort in Las Vegas. Will this count towards one of my Holiday Inn stays? Does anyone have firsthand experience with this posting?

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL PL, SPG & IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*, EC EE
Staybridge requirements

I have "Home-like comforts
Stay at 2 Staybridge Suites® hotels and earn 4,800 points"

Does this have to be different hotels?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by micahdaniel
I have "Home-like comforts
Stay at 2 Staybridge Suites® hotels and earn 4,800 points"

Does this have to be different hotels?
Yes, 2 different ones.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Just got off the phone with IHG Rewards Customer Service Centre in the Philippines regarding the BIG WIN's 'Book with IHG' challenge not working. This was a follow-up call.

They acknowledged that the stays are not posting but could not state when the problem would be resolved. They stated that they were 'working on it'. It was a frustrating conversation.

They also repeated a promise to fix my spouse's account manually within 5 days so that she can complete the BIG WIN. We'll see if that actually happens.

mxm135
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by emurray077
One of my challenges for the Big Win is to stay at 2 different Holiday Inn locations. I have an upcoming stay at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations resort in Las Vegas. Will this count towards one of my Holiday Inn stays? Does anyone have firsthand experience with this posting?

Thanks!
Yes - it should count. I had the same challenge. My first stay was with a standard HI, and my second stay was with HI Club Vacations Resort in Myrtle Beach. Both stays counted for this challenge for me, and I show this challenge completed on the Big Win site with the points to show for it.

I'm just waiting to hear back from IHG Rewards on the status of my "IHG mobile app" challenge.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by emurray077

Thanks!
post #736 on this very page answers your question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.