Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Atlantico
Can I during one stay earn for two different goals?
Yes, or even three, or even four, or even five.

One tasks is typically just a count of stays. So every qualifying stay counts for that.

Another taks may be a number of different brands. You first stay will always count toward that, so that's two.

Stay at a particular brand (if you have such a task), now it counts for three.

Also stay on Saturday (if you have such a task), now that counts for four.

Also book the "best flexible rate with breakfast" for that stay (if that can be done at that brand and you have such a task), now that count for five.

Also book online or through a mobile app, if "book with mobille app" is one of your tasks, now that counts for six.

Also pay with your IHG credit card, if that happens to be one of your tasks, now that counts for seven.

Stay in a paritcular city, if that happens to be one one your tasks, now that counts for eight.

(Of course, few people have enough of the tasks above to get to eight or even seven or even six at a time, but if you did, you could.)
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by virtualaris
Just finished my two nights during weekend in HI Atrium Singapore. However, the status of my BIG WIN hasn;t changed for the Book with IHG section :

Stay a total of 6 nights and receive 8,800 POINTS (2/6)
Stay at 4 different IHG™ brands and receive 19,200 POINTS (1/4)
Book 3 separate stays through an IHG™ hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,200 POINTS (0/3)
Stay 2 Saturday nights and receive 4,800 POINTS (1/2)
Complete a simple survey and receive 100 POINTS (Completed)
Spend $40 on food or beverage at any IHG™ hotel and receive 400 POINTS (Completed)
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn™ hotels and receive 4,800 POINTS (1/2)
Complete 7 of your offers and receive 40,000 POINTS (2/7)

I booked HI Atrium Singapore directly on IHG Website (not the mobile one though), why the BIG WIN won't recognize it? Anyone experiencing similar situations ?
Now, I'm getting doubt if I could complete all other tasks but if I didn't get credit on Book 3 separate stays then i won't get the 40,000 Big points then.
Same thing with my account. I booked through the IHG site. Does that not count?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
There are two challenges that keep repeating as problems here.

* Book through IHG web or mobile app
* Survey

Both has been reported to be fixed by IHG according to many statements here.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:34 am

A few oddities in my Big Win account--

I recently completed a stay at Candlewood that IHG now calls an "overlapping stay". Basically, I booked a 1 BR, but because they couldn't provide the room I reserved, they gave me 2 smaller rooms at the same time, at the same rate. One of the overlapping stays counts as a qualifying stay when I click on details, the other one is non-qualifying. This stay is my 2nd Saturday so completes my "Win in a Weekend" challenge. The strange thing is that when I log on to Big Win, I don't get credit for this stay (only 1/2 Saturdays credited, challenge is incomplete). However, I just got an email this morning saying that I've completed this challenge and my main IHG account was credited the 7,200 points for the Weekend win. I don't know if the whole "overlapping stay" thing has anything to do with this discrepancy, but I do know this has never happened to me before.

Secondly, on the Big Win website, the survey challenge has been completed and I've been credited the 100 points. But in the same email I got this morning that indicates my completed Weekend win, it says I haven't even started the survey! So basically email shows completed weekend challenge but no survey points; website shows survey points, but incomplete weekend challenge.

Why are there such discrepancies between the actual Big Win website, vs the emails tracking my Big Win progress?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johhenrik
There are two challenges that keep repeating as problems here.

* Book through IHG web or mobile app
* Survey

Both has been reported to be fixed by IHG according to many statements here.
Define "fixed"? Most people have still not seen the "mobile" task post, no matter how they booked. Yes, there are a number of posts saying that IHG has acknowledged the problem, said it will post eventually, saying "your stay will count" (future tense), etc. But in terms of completely fixing it, as in the tasks actually posting, no, IHG has still not fixed that ("4-6 weeks" they say!). For example, from 2 days ago:

Originally Posted by 10SNE1
I have some good news regarding the "Book with IHG mobile app" challenge. As you know, the terms state to use an "IHG web or mobile app." I have had 2 stays that I booked through the IHG website on my laptop. Like almost everyone else, my stays were not credited for this challenge on the Bigwin site while my other challenges were being credited. I sent an e-mail to IHGRewards (cited the terms and told them that I used the IHG website on my laptop), and they replied saying it would take 5 - 7 business days to look into this. By day 8, I had not heard back from them, so I replied to their last e-mail asking for an update. I heard back from them the next day, and they said that they had investigated and both stays were verified to be booked through the website and that I had met the challenge. I have cut and pasted their response below. You can bet that I'll be saving this e-mail!

Here is the e-mail reply from IHGRewards:
Thank you for your email.

We received an update from our coordinator and was advised that your stays were booked through IHG website and are therefore qualifying for the offer.
Please be informed that posting time of bonus points from ‘The Big Win’ offer is generally within 4-6 weeks. Kindly allow this time to receive the bonuses as well as the tracker to be updated.
Moreover, you can monitor your tailored offers and bonus points by logging in to www.ihg.com/winbig2014 using your membership number and PIN.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Define "fixed"? Most people have still not seen the "mobile" task post, no matter how they booked. Yes, there are a number of posts saying that IHG has acknowledged the problem, said it will post eventually, saying "your stay will count" (future tense), etc. But in terms of completely fixing it, as in the tasks actually posting, no, IHG has still not fixed that ("4-6 weeks" they say!). For example, from 2 days ago:
Pardon me, english is my second language. I actually meant acknowledged to fix it as you say. My point being. There are two challenges they have problems with. They have acknowledged it. It has been reported over and over and over in this thread.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In other words, you mean that IHG says they are aware of those problems already? I was going to ask about my survey credit, but will wait.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I have not had this good luck. I booked two stays through the mobile app and they have not credited, and the response to my emails has barely been in English.After replying that I had booked through the mobile pap, here's their last response: I dont even know where they cut and pasted this from as theres no place I see to click a list of participating hotels

Dear ludocdoc,

Thank you for your response.

As per offer mechanic, 10,800 points will be rewarded after you Book 5 separate stays through our IHG® app between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotels worldwide. Click here for a full list of participating hotels. For a complete list of IHG web and mobile apps please Click here.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

Ma. XX XXX
Account Manager
IHG Rewards Club
www.ihgrewardsclub.com

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 16, 2014 at 1:54 am Reason: edited name out of post
Old Feb 16, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF Nothin' Bronze, IHG Plat AMB, Europcar Privilege Elite
I'm out, it's no longer viable to complete all my challenges.

I should still get about 20k points out of the stay in 4 brands and stay X nights offers
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
does holiday inn ana (japan hotel sendai)count as holiday inn?
i got offered total of 75,000pts for 8nights including 2 sat nights but my wife got 156,000 pts for 4 nights(2sat nights and 2hi and 2hie ) so she is going to go for it!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
does holiday inn ana (japan hotel sendai)count as holiday inn?
i got offered total of 75,000pts for 8nights including 2 sat nights but my wife got 156,000 pts for 4 nights(2sat nights and 2hi and 2hie ) so she is going to go for it!

That's double what I got and I thought my offer was good.

Sheesh
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by 10SNE1
I have some good news regarding the "Book with IHG mobile app" challenge. As you know, the terms state to use an "IHG web or mobile app." I have had 2 stays that I booked through the IHG website on my laptop. Like almost everyone else, my stays were not credited for this challenge on the Bigwin site while my other challenges were being credited. I sent an e-mail to IHGRewards (cited the terms and told them that I used the IHG website on my laptop), and they replied saying it would take 5 - 7 business days to look into this. By day 8, I had not heard back from them, so I replied to their last e-mail asking for an update. I heard back from them the next day, and they said that they had investigated and both stays were verified to be booked through the website and that I had met the challenge. I have cut and pasted their response below. You can bet that I'll be saving this e-mail!

Here is the e-mail reply from IHGRewards:
Thank you for your email.

We received an update from our coordinator and was advised that your stays were booked through IHG website and are therefore qualifying for the offer.
Please be informed that posting time of bonus points from ‘The Big Win’ offer is generally within 4-6 weeks. Kindly allow this time to receive the bonuses as well as the tracker to be updated.
Moreover, you can monitor your tailored offers and bonus points by logging in to www.ihg.com/winbig2014 using your membership number and PIN.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.
Thats great to know thanks for posting!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:59 pm

156k for 4 nights!!!! Before this, I thought I had the best offer - 134k for 6 nights.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
156k for 4 nights!!!! Before this, I thought I had the best offer - 134k for 6 nights.

yes,why that happened i have no idea ! its double my offer for half the nights...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
I have yet to receive the pts from the 2 online bookings also.

Where can I send an official email complaint to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.