Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It posted pretty fast for me

I got the Live the City Life, pretty easily, and it posted a day after the hotel stay posted.

I wasn't even trying or paying attention, but apparently my stays at the IC Madrid, IC Paris and CP Paris was all it took. I'm not sure I'll get anything else out of this lame promo, but at least I got 11,300 points.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
I have yet to receive the pts from the 2 online bookings also.

Where can I send an official email complaint to?
I sent my e-mail to [email protected]. After telling me they would look into my case and that it would take 5 - 7 business days, I hadn't heard a response in 8 business days. I then replied asking for an update, and they got back with me the next day. You can see my favorable e-mail reply in Post # 809 on p. 54 of this thread. Note that I booked mine on the IHG website on my laptop and did not use a mobile app, and they agreed that this did count for the challenge. Good luck!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
That's... bizarre. I think I should screenshot my offers because several people are reporting changes midway - I hope people are just mixing stuff up, but this is like the fifth report of challenges being switched up. Hmm.
I'm also having this problem. Breakfast challenge has changed over to Great Value Package a couple of times. I took screen shots one of the times that it showed breakfast, but now it's back to Great Value Package again. I have the best flexible rate with breakfast booked for this weekend. Disturbing. Any updates on this bug?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by 10SNE1
I sent my e-mail to [email protected]. After telling me they would look into my case and that it would take 5 - 7 business days, I hadn't heard a response in 8 business days. I then replied asking for an update, and they got back with me the next day. You can see my favorable e-mail reply in Post # 809 on p. 54 of this thread. Note that I booked mine on the IHG website on my laptop and did not use a mobile app, and they agreed that this did count for the challenge. Good luck!
I called the IHG Rewards Club Customer Care. Phone numbers can be found here: https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...are/contact-us

Since it has been four weeks since my stay ending on January 16 and I am still missing the credit for the "Book with IHG" goal I called. A representative noted the issue and that this had been happening to others as well. The representative said they would look into my account specifically and get back to me within 10 business days. I was not satisfied with this resolution, so I asked to talk to a supervisor.

The supervisor pulled up my account and mentioned that it did show that I booked through IHG and that it would take 6 weeks from when the original points posted to my account to trigger the Big Win Promotion. So since my original booking's reward points posted on January 20 that I should wait until 6 weeks have past (March 3) and then follow up if the Big Win status hasn't updated.

The frustration continues!!!!

If your "Book with IHG" goal has received any points/updates please post a comment!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by discountsae
I called the IHG Rewards Club Customer Care. Phone numbers can be found here: https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...are/contact-us

Since it has been four weeks since my stay ending on January 16 and I am still missing the credit for the "Book with IHG" goal I called. A representative noted the issue and that this had been happening to others as well. The representative said they would look into my account specifically and get back to me within 10 business days. I was not satisfied with this resolution, so I asked to talk to a supervisor.

The supervisor pulled up my account and mentioned that it did show that I booked through IHG and that it would take 6 weeks from when the original points posted to my account to trigger the Big Win Promotion. So since my original booking's reward points posted on January 20 that I should wait until 6 weeks have past (March 3) and then follow up if the Big Win status hasn't updated.

The frustration continues!!!!

If your "Book with IHG" goal has received any points/updates please post a comment!
If you scroll back through this thread - you'll notice we all are having the same problem with the Book with IHG Big Win task. IHG is aware of it and is working on it. You're not alone.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA IHG
How do brg stays post?

Does anyone have specific knowledge how BRG stays are counted. I have a two night stay (Sat & Sun), where the first night is BRG price matched. To complete my big win I need both the Sat to count, and also two nights. Not sure how this will post on my statement. Will it post as 2 nights, obviously with stay points just based on the total cash I do pay, or will it only post as 1 night (Sun)? Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Guys I've searched the thread but my iPhone app is being screwy.

About the Best Flexible Rate + breakfast offer. IF breakfast is included in the Best Flexible Rate and not an additional add on does it still count or must it be best flexible rate + $10 fee for breakfast? Thank you
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
No, the promo requires that you pay extra for your breakfast stay. A Best Flex that happens to include breakfast isn't enough.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
No, the promo requires that you pay extra for your breakfast stay. A Best Flex that happens to include breakfast isn't enough.
Thank you!!!

Not the answer I wanted to hear but much appreciated. I find that my options are much more limited now, maybe a third of the hotels I see have the "+$10 for breakfast" option
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Thank you!!!

Not the answer I wanted to hear but much appreciated. I find that my options are much more limited now, maybe a third of the hotels I see have the "+$10 for breakfast" option
I might remember this wrong, but I think I saw someone post a link that you could use, that would give you rates where you could add breakfast. Go back a couple of weeks posts (yeah, boring and a lot I know) and you will find it. If I remember this incorrectly, sorry if I put you on a wild goose chase...
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by johhenrik
I might remember this wrong, but I think I saw someone post a link that you could use, that would give you rates where you could add breakfast. Go back a couple of weeks posts (yeah, boring and a lot I know) and you will find it. If I remember this incorrectly, sorry if I put you on a wild goose chase...
go to the Big Win webpage and click in the T&C for that task...there is a link there that you click on and then search for hotels and miraculously that rate will show at HI hotels
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Guys I've searched the thread but my iPhone app is being screwy.

About the Best Flexible Rate + breakfast offer. IF breakfast is included in the Best Flexible Rate and not an additional add on does it still count or must it be best flexible rate + $10 fee for breakfast? Thank you
I can confirm that I had to pay the BFR and tick the extra 15€ breakfast box to get BFR with breakfast, which posted correctly on my account.

The nuisance with this is in my area those HI's serve free breakfast anyway. However, I might have had some luck or a good hotel manager in said case - I was happy to find fresh fruits, some candy and free bottled water offered in my standard room when entering. Normally those compliments are not included. I interpreted that as a smart gesture from the hotel manager having seen me pay 15€ extra for something normally free, or pure luck?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Two and my three stays last week Sun-Tue (different hotels) was posted, just about a week.

Still missing one stay (Tue night) AND so far they didn't give me a credit on "Book with IHG" Website OR Mobile. I book them all via Website.

One of the challenges I might have is the "Start the day off right" with the breakfast. When I stay @ HIX there is breakfast already and IC I usually go with the Lounge Access.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Thank you!!!

I saw one of the HI's (+$10 breakfast) that has that option too but I'm not sure as well.

Originally Posted by FFlash
I can confirm that I had to pay the BFR and tick the extra 15€ breakfast box to get BFR with breakfast, which posted correctly on my account.

The nuisance with this is in my area those HI's serve free breakfast anyway. However, I might have had some luck or a good hotel manager in said case - I was happy to find fresh fruits, some candy and free bottled water offered in my standard room when entering. Normally those compliments are not included. I interpreted that as a smart gesture from the hotel manager having seen me pay 15€ extra for something normally free, or pure luck?

Good to know!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Like other people, my 100 point survey is showing as completed but not counting towards one of my completed tasks. I read other reports that IHG are aware of this - but in my case I noticed that I completed the Survey on 16 Dec (when it became available online) - but now reading the T&Cs they say:
Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after completing the full survey between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive).
Does that mean the survey actually needed to be COMPLETED between those dates or the points would be awarded between those dates? (or I guess it could be argued either way really). I hope I haven't lost out on this challenge as I need it to complete the Bin Win.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.