Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by virtualaris
Just finished my two nights during weekend in HI Atrium Singapore. However, the status of my BIG WIN hasn;t changed for the Book with IHG section :

Stay a total of 6 nights and receive 8,800 POINTS (2/6)
Stay at 4 different IHG™ brands and receive 19,200 POINTS (1/4)
Book 3 separate stays through an IHG™ hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,200 POINTS (0/3)
Stay 2 Saturday nights and receive 4,800 POINTS (1/2)
Complete a simple survey and receive 100 POINTS (Completed)
Spend $40 on food or beverage at any IHG™ hotel and receive 400 POINTS (Completed)
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn™ hotels and receive 4,800 POINTS (1/2)
Complete 7 of your offers and receive 40,000 POINTS (2/7)

I booked HI Atrium Singapore directly on IHG Website (not the mobile one though), why the BIG WIN won't recognize it? Anyone experiencing similar situations ?
Now, I'm getting doubt if I could complete all other tasks but if I didn't get credit on Book 3 separate stays then i won't get the 40,000 Big points then.
Well same problem. The last big win, I did not get the direct book credit so I still short 1, and not getting the point on CP Jakarta. Well it is only 2400

My booking at HI Sukhumvit early Jan also still not credited into direct booking.

They claimed it is IT issue which until now never get rectify. Also do not get satiafactory answer.

I have already given up on this Big Win thing. If they cannot track it properly, no point to chase...
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by GeneCMH
Any trick to finding the Best Flexible with Breakfast? I'm looking in Columbus OH and can't seem to ever find it. Just plain 'Best Flexible'. Though there is one HI here that state breakfast included, but its the regular Best Flex rate. Any suggestions?
There was quite a bit of discussion about this challenge upthread.

While this isn't one of my Big Win challenges, I thought I would have a quick look at hotels in Columbus to see what is available.

When I do a search for an IHG hotel in Columbus with checkin next Wednesday (February 19th) the first hotel listed is the Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown-Capitol Square. Best available rate for 2 double beds non-smoking is $ 95.

When you click on "View Rates", the 2nd option is Best Flexible Rate for $ 124. Beside that rate there is a checkbox to add breakfast for $ 10.

I believe that is what you need to book in order to satisfy this challenge. Hope this helps !
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:06 pm

I completed 1 stay at a Candlewood Suites and last Sunday (2/9) and haven't gotten my points. It's only been 3 days so not a big deal, but what bothers me is that I've received the emails from Candlewood thanking me for the stay and asking me to rate the experience. Every other IHG stay I've done, by the time these emails arrive, the points have posted. Not this time.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I completed 1 stay at a Candlewood Suites and last Sunday (2/9) and haven't gotten my points. It's only been 3 days so not a big deal, but what bothers me is that I've received the emails from Candlewood thanking me for the stay and asking me to rate the experience. Every other IHG stay I've done, by the time these emails arrive, the points have posted. Not this time.
I received "thank you" emails fairly promptly after stays lately from Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express. Both before points posting. Points usually post 4 days after check-out.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
GeneCMH: If I recall correctly, there was a url in the description of the challenge you could use to find breakfast rates. Try that. I'm fairly sure there are posts about that in this thread.

Edit: duh, already answered, I didn't notice there was another page when I answered your question. thebobmc probably has a better answer than me I see.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I wouldn't worry, that happens to me a lot, that I get the "thank you" email before the points. If you haven't gotten them after a week, contact IHG.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Those seem to be generated solely from reservations that were never cancelled, so assumed to be valid stays.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:09 am

For me the stay normally posts the day after receiving that email, for example I stayed at a CP last Saturday and received the email yesterday, the points were in my account this morning (I'm in the UK). The big win points will probably appear on the next sweep. For us in the UK the sweep appears to be happening on a Monday, not sure if they are doing it in regions or companywide though.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
On my Big Win tracking page website, can anyone tell me how to scroll down to see all my posted stays and if it is even possible? Handy tool for several of my challenges. Sorry I cannot post a snip. Using Windows and Firefox browser.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
Well same problem. The last big win, I did not get the direct book credit so I still short 1, and not getting the point on CP Jakarta. Well it is only 2400

My booking at HI Sukhumvit early Jan also still not credited into direct booking.

They claimed it is IT issue which until now never get rectify. Also do not get satiafactory answer.

I have already given up on this Big Win thing. If they cannot track it properly, no point to chase...
Have u tried to email directly to hotel. I always got it worked 100% rather than using IHG Customer Care. Have u already got your pts from CP Jakarta ? I knew FOM of CP Jakarta personally. I could PM you his email if you haven't got the pts yet.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:29 am

I wrote earlier about not getting my points for my stay at Candlewood on 2/8. I received the email yesterday, and this morning I saw 2 "overlapping stays", one with 704 points ($94 room prior to fees/taxes) and one with 0 points. No qualifying stay" points.

The reason I'm worried about this is that I had a problem with that reservation. I booked a 1-BR suite for my sister and her family of 4, but when I tried to check in, the person before me wasn't able to check out so the hotel offered me a smoking 1-BR, which I turned down, or 2 adjacent studios, which I took. She used my original confirmation number and added a second confirmation number to reflect the second room. In the final invoices, my original confirmation number was still charged with the $94 stay and the second confirmation number had a statement of $0 charged. The clerk assured me that I should still get all the points, but now these 2 "overlapping stay" credited points have me worried that somehow those 2 rooms messed up my reservation. What's more, on the website, IHG allows us to review the hotel. The stays are supposed to show up within 72 hrs of check-out. It's been close to 96 hours now and that stay isn't showing up.

The lost points for the reservation bother me, but more importantly, I don't want it from preventing me from getting the Big Win. If not resolved by the end of the day, I'm going to email IHG.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Since I never use the mobile app for booking, I looked through it last night and did see where they actually have a Best Flexible with Breakfast as a rate type search parameter so that will work as well. Strangely, there doesn't seem to be that search criteria on the website, seems to be just as an add-on in the regular rate. Anyway, problem solved
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by GeneCMH
Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Since I never use the mobile app for booking, I looked through it last night and did see where they actually have a Best Flexible with Breakfast as a rate type search parameter so that will work as well. Strangely, there doesn't seem to be that search criteria on the website, seems to be just as an add-on in the regular rate. Anyway, problem solved
so to receive credit for the Best Flexible Rate + Breakfast challenge it is OK like this:

•Refundable

•No deposit required

•Breakfast included

• Most popular rate

? Would be great if this qualified. thanks
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:56 pm

I have some good news regarding the "Book with IHG mobile app" challenge. As you know, the terms state to use an "IHG web or mobile app." I have had 2 stays that I booked through the IHG website on my laptop. Like almost everyone else, my stays were not credited for this challenge on the Bigwin site while my other challenges were being credited. I sent an e-mail to IHGRewards (cited the terms and told them that I used the IHG website on my laptop), and they replied saying it would take 5 - 7 business days to look into this. By day 8, I had not heard back from them, so I replied to their last e-mail asking for an update. I heard back from them the next day, and they said that they had investigated and both stays were verified to be booked through the website and that I had met the challenge. I have cut and pasted their response below. You can bet that I'll be saving this e-mail!

Here is the e-mail reply from IHGRewards:
Thank you for your email.

We received an update from our coordinator and was advised that your stays were booked through IHG website and are therefore qualifying for the offer.
Please be informed that posting time of bonus points from ‘The Big Win’ offer is generally within 4-6 weeks. Kindly allow this time to receive the bonuses as well as the tracker to be updated.
Moreover, you can monitor your tailored offers and bonus points by logging in to www.ihg.com/winbig2014 using your membership number and PIN.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by virtualaris
Well, I've posted several replies and posts on page 7 & 14 on this thread if that would counted read.

Pardon me if I rarely read this thread after that.

It seems that "book with IHG" on other accounts were also delayed to post. I realized that there is notice "Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout". However all other offers have similar T&C and all other offers progress were posted on the same time. That's why I'm quite confused why my book with IHG haven't posted yet.
I think what the other poster meant is that if you read this (admittedly long) thread, you'd notice that you are not alone. Many people have successfully received all of their Big Win points except for the Book with IHG one. And someone even called to discuss it - and was told IHG is aware of it and they are working to get it fixed.

I too am in the same boat. I completed my Big Win about 4 weeks ago. All points are in except for these. Still waiting for these final points to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.