Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:37 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by davrossuk
Did you book directly on the IHG website or on the specific hotel brand site(s)?
Directly on the IHG website.....
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Update
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I have another quick update...

I stayed at HI this past weekend... March 22 (Sat - Sun)
This is for my...
- Win in a Weekend Updated today
- Change your view Updated today
- Start the day off right (Posted on the Big Win page, but not in my account yet) EDIT: Just got posted to my account now. Updated today
- *Book with IHG (for sure nothing yet, still haven't gotten a credit for my previous stays) - Still nothing
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by scootr29
Directly on the IHG website.....
Did the same but went through eBates the last time. Booked for my latest stay via the mobile app. Will let you guys know if mine posts.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
I just called IHG and they said that the "book with IHG" offer can take 4-6 weeks to track so I need to wait and call back if it doesn't. They did confirm that the reservations I have so far will qualify me for all the offers I want to do so at least that's something.

Last edited by davrossuk; Apr 2, 2014 at 6:36 am
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by davrossuk
I just called IHG and they said that the "book with IHG" offer can take 4-6 weeks to track so I need to wait and call back if it doesn't. They did confirm that the reservations I have so far will qualify me for all the offers I want to do so at least that's something.
+1
At the end, the agent provide me the case ref# so that later on I can refer to the case by give them the case ref#.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:33 am

Interesting thing... my Big Win site still shows the missing "Book with IHG" and "Win big" points (total 63,600/134K), but my IHG main site shows that I just got all the points today. FWIW, I wrote to IHG last week and followed up with another email yesterday after I got a reply saying that they'd look into it.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
I've had a stay that I stupidly booked on the IHG website, not via the "App" not appear on my Big Win promotion. I was of the assumption that it was my fault for not booking the stay via the App and it wouldn't get accredited to my account - I'll keep my eye on that...

This will be the first time I will be able to complete all my offers in the BiG Win promotion since the promotions inception, helped largely by a stag do in the CP Vilamoura (well recommended btw!).
Once I complete all the offers, will the points accrued from completing the promotions go towards me achieving a higher tier status? I asked a member of staff and they seemed to suggest so, but weren't 100% and I haven't been able to find anything on the IHG webiste to indicate either way.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by iFlip23
I
Once I complete all the offers, will the points accrued from completing the promotions go towards me achieving a higher tier status? I asked a member of staff and they seemed to suggest so, but weren't 100% and I haven't been able to find anything on the IHG webiste to indicate either way.
Nope will not. one shudders to just imagine the thousands of non-status IHGers completing a Bigwin Promo with 4-5 nights all becoming Platinums.

I just triggered all my tasks and final bonus with one stay this month. All 195K points posted Tuesday, but by rolling 'Elite Qual Point Total' for 03 remained in the area of 25k whilst the 'Total Points Earned' total jumped to 300K plus.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Nope will not. one shudders to just imagine the thousands of non-status IHGers completing a Bigwin Promo with 4-5 nights all becoming Platinums.
I had 0 IHG stays when I got the Chase card and became a platinum just for that. Most of my stays were with Hilton and IHG, but because I cancelled my AMEX SPG and Hilton became devalued, I've been booking mostly with IHG. The BW really motivated me to use IHG even if I wouldn't have otherwise, so I guess they got what they wanted.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:56 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
Trouble Logging In?

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the Big Win promotion site? I haven't been able to log in for a few days now. Keeps giving me this message: "We are sorry, but there was an error. Please try again later."
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmx
Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the Big Win promotion site? I haven't been able to log in for a few days now. Keeps giving me this message: "We are sorry, but there was an error. Please try again later."
No problem here, up the road from you in the OC right now, using Firefox 24.0 on a Window XP machine.

Well, no problem other than finding that they still haven't credited my so-called "mobile booking task" yet. You forced me to check that pointlessly by asking if I could log in.

Anyway, have you tried multiple browsers? Have you tried from multiple computers?

Have you tried clearing all your IHG-related cookies? Not at IHG, but at Ralphs/Kroger a few days ago, I could log in (to check Fuel Rewards) at work while I was getting "site not working" day after day from my laptop, then I cleared all my Ralphs and Kroger cookies on my laptop, and voila, the site worked perfectly on my laptop from then on. And who knows, maybe the same IT company implements the IHG site as the Kroger sites???
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmx
Yes. I haven't been able to login for a few days.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
So it looks like the manually credit my Book with IHG.
"Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 1,900 points"

I just checked my account and it shows "The Big Win - Recovery" - 1900 points. But my Big Win board hasn't been updated yet. I hope this doesnt complicate the name as its called "Recovery".

I just need to do a MR on one HI and I will finish my BW2014!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Interesting thing... my Big Win site still shows the missing "Book with IHG" and "Win big" points (total 63,600/134K), but my IHG main site shows that I just got all the points today. FWIW, I wrote to IHG last week and followed up with another email yesterday after I got a reply saying that they'd look into it.
Got an email saying my points were manually added. That's why the Big Win website doesn't reflect this. I wonder why it's so hard to just fix the issue.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Originally Posted by scubaccr

I just triggered all my tasks and final bonus with one stay this month. All 195K points posted Tuesday, but by rolling 'Elite Qual Point Total' for 03 remained in the area of 25k whilst the 'Total Points Earned' total jumped to 300K plus.
I didn't think it would scubaccr, thanks.

So because you're platinum, are your rewards on the BW promo worth more points than those who are on Gold/GE? When I complete my BW of 2014 I'll get 50,500. You said you'll be getting 195K?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.