Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by foxberg
This essentially tells me that BW back end does not track mobile bookings.
No, BigWin is actually tracking my mobile bookings. One of my challenges is "IHG mobile app booking - Book 2 separate stays through our IHG® app and earn 4,800 points. "

They only credit I've gotten for that is my last booking, which was done thru the IHG Android app.

My iPad is too old to run the IHG app, so I went out and bought a cheap Android tablet just so I could finish the BW. The tablet is surprisingly powerful, but the IHG Android App is unable to complete more than single reservation without crashing.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sorry if I missed this, but does the survey count as one of the tasks? I ask because I finally completed 6 tasks including the survey, including 30 nights!(way more than I expected but it was a busy period) however the website says I only completed 5 of the 6 required??

There is a 7th task for me which is 7 different IC's, but I kept hitting the same 3 IC's and only managed a couple extra so I can't get that one in.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by stimpy
Sorry if I missed this, but does the survey count as one of the tasks? I ask because I finally completed 6 tasks including the survey, including 30 nights!(way more than I expected but it was a busy period) however the website says I only completed 5 of the 6 required??

There is a 7th task for me which is 7 different IC's, but I kept hitting the same 3 IC's and only managed a couple extra so I can't get that one in.
It counted for mine, it should state it?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:56 pm

I hit all the points targets. I didn't realize but saw late last week so I thought, what the hell, I'll apply for the Visa card to get the 20k and 66k point. Don't need the card but the points are always welcome.

I receive an email from IHG every few days telling me the status and how many badges earnt. From that email web link you can do stuff like take an online survey etc but when I go to the Credit Card application option 'apply' it says " we are currently upgrading to IHG Rewards Club Visa and IHG Rewards Club Black Visa which means we cannot take your application at the moment".

All well and good but means those with 5 tasks done cannot get the 6th and therefore not the big 66k haul on the 7th.

Anyone else seen this? Have let Ambassador center know...they say they are coming back. They are usually very good in fairness. Have let Priority Club know....they have not replied. Called Priority Club only to be given the "Chase Visa 1-800...." number....not much good if you live near the Welsh border....although they were adamant it was the correct number.

Anyone else struggling to apply for the PC Rewards Black card? Thing is that was last week, even if they fix it now, can there be time to get the application in and approved for 30th April?

I have a load of points (1.4 mill) but a shame to miss another 88k. Any ideas? Anyone else struggling with this?

Last edited by Atacama40; Apr 22, 2014 at 2:03 pm Reason: additional data
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Atacama40
I hit all the points targets. I didn't realize but saw late last week so I thought, what the hell, I'll apply for the Visa card to get the 20k and 66k point. Don't need the card but the points are always welcome.

I receive an email from IHG every few days telling me the status and how many badges earnt. From that email web link you can do stuff like take an online survey etc but when I go to the Credit Card application option 'apply' it says " we are currently upgrading to IHG Rewards Club Visa and IHG Rewards Club Black Visa which means we cannot take your application at the moment".

All well and good but means those with 5 tasks done cannot get the 6th and therefore not the big 66k haul on the 7th.

Anyone else seen this? Have let Ambassador center know...they say they are coming back. They are usually very good in fairness. Have let Priority Club know....they have not replied. Called Priority Club only to be given the "Chase Visa 1-800...." number....not much good if you live near the Welsh border....although they were adamant it was the correct number.

Anyone else struggling to apply for the PC Rewards Black card? Thing is that was last week, even if they fix it now, can there be time to get the application in and approved for 30th April?

I have a load of points (1.4 mill) but a shame to miss another 88k. Any ideas? Anyone else struggling with this?
It wasn't one of my targets, however I am sure that someone posted a few days ago (Possibly in the black CC forum but I'm not 100% sure) that when they phoned IHG had acknowledged the issue and the points were credited to them.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:47 pm

Hi Chrism20, many thanks for that....If you do see the thread or post I'd appreciate details....I,m useless on Flyertalk search but of course will look for that discussion.

Never thought I'd i'd be so keen to add another credit card

Many thanks
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:06 pm

Hi Chrism20, many thanks for that....If you do see the thread or post I'd appreciate details....I,m useless on Flyertalk search but of course will look for that discussion.

Never thought I'd i'd be so keen to add another credit card

Many thanks
Managed to find it, it wasn't even on FT although I knew I had seen it.

It was on the ever reliable Raffles' site http://www.headforpoints.com/

If you have a look for his posts from 15th April someone posted on the comments there that they had managed to get it credited.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:25 pm

Chrism20....perfect....found it within the link you kindly sent.

Genuinely appreciate that.....have sent communications to Ambassador and Priority Club but this gives something of substance to negotiate with.

Have to say it's a bit of a cheek.....set 7 tasks then defy you to get to 7 by making 6 impossible! In the end analysis what starts out as a fun points haul opportunity ends up getting under your skin as you realize its technically impossible!

However with your help I feel confident of a result with a little negotiation.

Super stuff, owe you a beer^
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:44 pm

Chrism20....perfect....found it within the link you kindly sent.

Genuinely appreciate that.....have sent communications to Ambassador and Priority Club but this gives something of substance to negotiate with.

Have to say it's a bit of a cheek.....set 7 tasks then defy you to get to 7 by making 6 impossible! In the end analysis what starts out as a fun points haul opportunity ends up getting under your skin as you realize its technically impossible!

However with your help I feel confident of a result with a little negotiation.

Super stuff, owe you a beer^
The timing is a bit bizarre for sure. I'd imagine that IHG & Barclays would have agreed a timescale for the changeover and this should have been factored in to the Big Win.

The criteria was get it and spend, given that it takes around ten days to apply, get and spend had they cut off applications at the start of last week it wouldn't have been a major issue but they appear to have done it about a month before.

The logic in any business channel effectively shutting up shop for three months leaves me stunned to be honest.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:53 am

I'm sorry if this question was already answered before, but will a stay on April 30 (checking in on April 30 and checking out on May 1) still count as an eligible night for the Big Win? The time frame is 01/01 - 30/04 but I'm not sure about the T&C for April 30.

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Have been monitoring thread, having same issues with survey and book at ihg.com - I am a patient person, but wanted to have a record of my issue so I contacted IHG via missing credit request, got this response:

Dear ORD-TGU,

Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your Big Win bonus points. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We would like to inform you that there is an ongoing issue regarding Big Win offers not updating correctly on the website. Rest assured that this has been forwarded to the proper contact for resolution. Unfortunately, there is no time-frame as to when it will be fixed however kindly allow 4 to 6 weeks from the time the recent stay was posted for bonus points or miles to be awarded upon completing the required number of qualifying stays for the offer, as well as the tracker to be updated.

If for some reason, the website has still not updated and bonus points fail to appear within the promised time, kindly inform us so we can take necessary actions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,
Account Manager
IHG Rewards Club
www.ihgrewardsclub.com

United States & Canada
Phone: 1-888-211-9874
Email: [email protected]
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Epicura
I'm sorry if this question was already answered before, but will a stay on April 30 (checking in on April 30 and checking out on May 1) still count as an eligible night for the Big Win? The time frame is 01/01 - 30/04 but I'm not sure about the T&C for April 30.

Thanks!
I don't think it would count.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I don't think it would count.
Thanks for your opinion.

I've emailed IHG but still waiting for a reply. I will post the feedback (perhaps usefull for those who are planning a mattress run ).
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just completed my last target, which was the 2nd of 2 required nights at Holiday Inn Express. However, looking at my account today, it shows up as a "Non Qualifying Stay". I booked it as a 21 Day Super Saver Rate, so that should be eligible, right? Do I need to take it up with the hotel for sending the wrong details to be credited, or should I contact the IHG Rewards Department?

The stay was at HIX Cologne-Mülheim, which was very good.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:34 pm

Mobile App

Just received 2600 points into my account for the "mobile app" offer.

All stays were booked at the IHG website---none by phone.

The Big Win page, however, does not show this offer as having been completed.

So I guess that progress is steady but slow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.