Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Exact same problem for me. All my activities and wins have posted correctly except for 'pay for your stay with Rewards Club credit card' and 'booking via an IHG website or mobile device' - neither of which show any activity at all despite tasks now being fully completed
No problems for me so far. Don't have a CC requirement but mobile points posted fine. Little longer than regular points but did post.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I am pretty new to IHG. Started staying at IHG during last 2013 BIG WIN. I booked cheap staycations. I also have the Chase IHG Visa which gives me PLAT Status.

In 2013 BW, I was given breakfast vouchers at HI and CP that I booked.

In 2014 BW, I have asked for breakfast vouchers at the same HI and CP, and I was told that IHG just changed the T&C and no more breakfast vouchers for PLAT. I have had to "negotiate", eventually getting them.

So was I lucky before, or have they indeed changed the T&C.

I am always given an upgrade, and choice of welcome amenity, usually go for the bonus points, 500-1000. I have also been given appetizer or drink vouchers, so very thankful. But I would prefer complimentary breakfast.
I don't know about 2014, but in 2013, I was only given breakfast vouchers in the US. Nowhere else in the world were I given a breakfast voucher ever.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:35 am

Detective work: If you took the Big Win Survey in December and you got the 100 points but did not get credit on your big Win page, do what I did. Retake the survey now and you will get credit for it on your Big Win page-- and a second 100 points!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by short_black
Detective work: If you took the Big Win Survey in December and you got the 100 points but did not get credit on your big Win page, do what I did. Retake the survey now and you will get credit for it on your Big Win page-- and a second 100 points!
My situation is odd. It says complete on Big Win page, but incomplete on emails detailing progress.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My situation is odd. It says complete on Big Win page, but incomplete on emails detailing progress.
Same for most of us. Even on the Big Win page, if you check the progress under the "Big Win" task, I bet you find that the number of tasks completed does not include the survey.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by NickB
Originally Posted by DaveInLA

Same for most of us. Even on the Big Win page, if you check the progress under the "Big Win" task, I bet you find that the number of tasks completed does not include the survey.
My survey shows complete. I got an email two days after a few things showed up on the Big Win page without them, so I think the email just uses an older version of their database.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My latest stay earlier this month shows as 1/5 for the Book with IHG requirement, but the previous ones seem to still not count.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:49 pm

My big win was fairly easy (must be easiest among y'all) with only 4 nights and get 96k, and I just got all points. My conditions were 2 brands 2 Saturdays 2 mobile 2 holiday inn, that's all. No breakfast package no survey no city-specific.

After reading all of your issues, I did it very carefully: not through 3rd party link such as UR mall or rebate websites. I found that when I change credit card at check in or change anything while checking in, it doesn't appear in the mobile booking correctly. However, "prepaying" through iOS all appeared well. I modified many reservations a couple of days before to the non-refundable. It took one week from staying to posting every time.

It wasn't fun to move around hotels during the trip due to the promotion, but I'm glad all worked out well for me. Also I think I like IHG better than SPG now. I'm saying goodbye to no internet, parking fee and cocky attitude (I mean Sheraton). Hope you guys sort the issues out well.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by short_black
I'd certainly do it again if it let me. But like others, on the BigWin page it says it's complete. Everything else says it's not complete....
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Richklhs
Well documented by now, but same frustration for me as well: book 2 stays through IHG hotel website or mobile app and I've done 5 since January. None have shown up. Just silly.
Same here. 5 stays in February. Awarded "Change your View" for two separate HI's, and all points posted. All 5 on IHG website.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by sosafan
My survey shows complete. I got an email two days after a few things showed up on the Big Win page without them, so I think the email just uses an older version of their database.
I have the problem too,
Have anyone complete "Big Win" offer?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Re: PLATINUM: Point Discrepancy Notification

Dear Mr Gnarly,

Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your Platinum Elite account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concerns.

We would like to inform you that the posting of stays for the Big Win is delayed. The management is already in the process of fixing the issue. Kindly allow more time for the stay to be posted on your promotion tracker. If bonus points from 'The Big Win' offer is not posted within 4-6 weeks, kindly contact us immediately providing case number 12345678 so we may proceed with the necessary adjustments and post the missing bonus points.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

JDG
Account Manager
IHG Rewards Club
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I'm sure this has been asked but there's a lot of pages here.... does staying at the same Holiday Inn twice count as 2 HI stays?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
It did for me, for what it's worth.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by ajamieson
It did for me, for what it's worth.
thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.