Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Has anyone got points for the Priority Club Visa card payment? One of my tasks is "Book and pay for 1 stays with your Priority Club Rewards Visa, brought to you by IHG® Rewards Club, and receive 1,500", I normally use the card for any IHG stays, nonetheless no points have been credited so far.

Also, I have realised I can even not log in the progress page! I wonder how seriously IHG is conducting this promotion...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
+1. All posted except this.

My terms: "Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 2,900 points"

I booked through the website, via ebates though, do you think that is an issue?
I'm still waiting for mine! I booked 4 stays via the website last month, everything else posted but not this. I will wait for the 6th week by that time I should have done most of the requirement.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:27 pm
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
Originally Posted by Flamewing
Must be 2 different hotels each - so 4 different hotels altogether in your case.
Thank you!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:44 pm

Completed everything for my 88,000 X 2 Big Win

Still waiting a week or so for my 2 of 2 Mobile App booking and 2 of 2 HI stay to post.

Some very interesting IHG encounters over the last month.

IC Kuala Lumpur trying to upgrade me to a Club Floor room without breakfast, drinks or snacks. That is just more or less a regular room on a club floor. I had booked the class one below Club to trigger a upgrade to Club or suite.

IC Managua attempting to not upgrade me to available suites even though I purchased Club Floor. They did not seem to grasp the concept of upgrading anything except to a Club Floor.

HIX Shoreditch, London I did not realize how Spartan HIX actually can be. In Europe it can really throw you to pay 5 star (USA) prices for a minimal room. A very cool neighborhood though.

176,200 points here I come
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by elusive1
HIX Shoreditch, London I did not realize how Spartan HIX actually can be. In Europe it can really throw you to pay 5 star (USA) prices for a minimal room. A very cool neighborhood.
I thought European HIX'es sound spiffier than American ones with their pubs and all?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:51 pm

Hey guys, I plan to stay a night at Holiday Inn NY SOHO.

I need to fulfill the Book 1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast requirement.

I have choice of booking "Best Flexible with Breakfast" at the same price as "BREAKFAST AND POINTS (1000)". They both are refundable at the same date. Anyone know if "Breakfast and Points" will check off the flexible rate requirement?

I apologize if the question has been answer before, the thread is so long, I am reading through it now.

Last edited by Camaro5; Mar 3, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:17 pm

Silly question: Do i need to click thru the Book Now link from the Big Win page for each of the offers or can i go to the website directly or via any cashback sites and book?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Camaro5
Hey guys, I plan to stay a night at Holiday Inn NY SOHO.

I need to fulfill the Book 1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast requirement.

I have choice of booking "Best Flexible with Breakfast" at the same price as "BREAKFAST AND POINTS (1000)". They both are refundable at the same date. Anyone know if "Breakfast and Points" will check off the flexible rate requirement?

I apologize if the question has been answer before, the thread is so long, I am reading through it now.
I would advise you NOT to do the Breakfast and Points rate as that's highly likely a different booking code that will wreck it up entirely.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I would advise you NOT to do the Breakfast and Points rate as that's highly likely a different booking code that will wreck it up entirely.
Thanks Scrounger, I didn't think it is worth the risk for the 1000 points.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I was told by IHG reservation agent A HIX stay would count towards my 2 required HI stays now it appears thats not the case. Do I have a chance if I call the Ambassador line and complain
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by discountsae
I called the IHG Rewards Club Customer Care. Phone numbers can be found here: https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...are/contact-us

Since it has been four weeks since my stay ending on January 16 and I am still missing the credit for the "Book with IHG" goal I called. A representative noted the issue and that this had been happening to others as well. The representative said they would look into my account specifically and get back to me within 10 business days. I was not satisfied with this resolution, so I asked to talk to a supervisor.

The supervisor pulled up my account and mentioned that it did show that I booked through IHG and that it would take 6 weeks from when the original points posted to my account to trigger the Big Win Promotion. So since my original booking's reward points posted on January 20 that I should wait until 6 weeks have past (March 3) and then follow up if the Big Win status hasn't updated.

The frustration continues!!!!

If your "Book with IHG" goal has received any points/updates please post a comment!
Just got off the phone with IHG. They first said I didn't book the best "flexible" rate. I said I didn't need a flexible rate and I met all terms and conditions. After a time of being on hold. The rep said they have opened a case for me and gave me a reference number, but have no timeline on resolving the Book with IHG issue. I wonder if I should email IHG as well. It has been 6 weeks since the points have posted for my stay on Jan 15.

Has anyone had stays count toward the "Book with IHG" challenge? Anyone have luck getting this error fixed, if yes, how did you do it?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1fan
I was told by IHG reservation agent A HIX stay would count towards my 2 required HI stays now it appears thats not the case. Do I have a chance if I call the Ambassador line and complain

Probably not.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Probably not.
I just emailed them worst case is I stay at one more HI
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by elusive1
Completed everything for my 88,000 X 2 Big Win

Still waiting a week or so for my 2 of 2 Mobile App booking and 2 of 2 HI stay to post.

Some very interesting IHG encounters over the last month.

IC Kuala Lumpur trying to upgrade me to a Club Floor room without breakfast, drinks or snacks. That is just more or less a regular room on a club floor. I had booked the class one below Club to trigger a upgrade to Club or suite.

IC Managua attempting to not upgrade me to available suites even though I purchased Club Floor. They did not seem to grasp the concept of upgrading anything except to a Club Floor.

HIX Shoreditch, London I did not realize how Spartan HIX actually can be. In Europe it can really throw you to pay 5 star (USA) prices for a minimal room. A very cool neighborhood though.

176,200 points here I come
upgrades are always a YMMV by property and they are never guaranteed no matter what room type you book into
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I called the IHG Rewards Club Customer Care. Phone numbers can be found here: https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...are/contact-us

Since it has been four weeks since my stay ending on January 16 and I am still missing the credit for the "Book with IHG" goal I called. A representative noted the issue and that this had been happening to others as well. The representative said they would look into my account specifically and get back to me within 10 business days. I was not satisfied with this resolution, so I asked to talk to a supervisor.

The supervisor pulled up my account and mentioned that it did show that I booked through IHG and that it would take 6 weeks from when the original points posted to my account to trigger the Big Win Promotion. So since my original booking's reward points posted on January 20 that I should wait until 6 weeks have past (March 3) and then follow up if the Big Win status hasn't updated.

The frustration continues!!!!

If your "Book with IHG" goal has received any points/updates please post a comment!
Has anyone had stays count toward the "Book with IHG" challenge? Anyone have luck getting this error fixed, if yes, how did you do it?
I've been following this thread for a while. I don't believe anyone has received points for booking through the website yet. Its amazing its taking IHG so long to fix this issue. Really sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.