Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:57 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
still nothing after over 48 hours...
I submitted a BRG claim last Wednesday and got an e-mail response 40 hours later
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:56 pm

Instead of comparing with advance saver, or best flex, they now compare versus "IHG® Rewards Club Rate". This rate is only availalbe for Rewards Club members...
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by 336
Instead of comparing with advance saver, or best flex, they now compare versus "IHG® Rewards Club Rate". This rate is only availalbe for Rewards Club members...
nothing new there, not that I agree with it but they have been doing so ever since they came into play.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by 336
They have been doing this for a while now. It's just unethical.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:54 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Certainly not

A non-refundable night by any common and legally understood meaning is fixed rate for that specific individual booking / night(s), so definitely not changeable as a right under ones booking terms

Unlike airline tickets which come with choice of more flexibility extra purchase offerings with increased prices at booking time , hotels offer just the solo simple no refund option
I beg to differ. Non-refundable IHG reservations can usually be changed on the website. And certainly the common meaning of "non-refundable" is not "non-changeable". For refundable rates IHG explicitly talks about "cancelation" and "changes".

HTB.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:55 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
When I book a 2-night reservation and manage to get one night free, the other 10% discounted -- what are your experiences concerning points posting? Should the 2nd night be qualifying?

HTB.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:14 pm

Second night is qualifying based on 2 experiences.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:20 pm

no response in over 3 days :-( This is getting ridiculous.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:29 pm

Sometimes claims get lost Isuggest to cancel and submit a new one.

I didn't claim any hotel this week but got 3 hotels approved the weekend before. Response time 4-8 hrs on all requests.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 11:21 pm

Ugh, a hotel I want to book has seemingly unlimited BRG opps on non-refundable rates, but offers breakfast as an add on to that, so I can't make refundable work. If I don't get the BRG, I'd rather stay next door with another chain. Decisions, decisions =/

OOC, related to the 'non-refundable doesn't necessarily mean non-changeable' discussion, does anyone have any experience changing a 'normal' non-refundable failed BRG reservation to another rate, like one with bonus points attached? I don't mind staying there at the bonus points rate, but it's just too pricy otherwise.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:09 am

Response times are approx 12 hours.

Give them some slack. Climatological conditions have been terrible in the Philippines these days.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:11 am

If you haven't received any communication at all, I wouldn't expect to hear from them. Make a new booking, and file a new claim.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by htb
I beg to differ. Non-refundable IHG reservations can usually be changed on the website. And certainly the common meaning of "non-refundable" is not "non-changeable". For refundable rates IHG explicitly talks about "cancelation" and "changes".

HTB.
Maybe IHGs poor IT allows you to amend a Flex reservation that is past the cancelation deadline. However hotel is always entitled to reverse this change and hold you to the original booking that existed at the time the cancelation deadline expired and charge your supplied CC under terms of that reservation
And above automatically applied to advance rate non cancelable booking which online adjustment the hotel can reverse

No, Cancelable only applies to the entire multi night booking On Flex prior to cancelation time is passed after which first terms apply which is charge of first night if cancel or do not turn up
Yes prior to cancel deadline you can "changanle" means you can modify the length of stay or start/end dates subject to reprising if new nightly rates are different

Once you have checked in for multiple nights reservation the full nn nights are now only longer cancelable as cancelation option applies to entire booking not individual nights , so post checkin an early departure the EDF always applies
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:25 am

Does anyone have any experience getting a BRG when using a travel agent's IATA number? I may end up booking a few non-refundable stays in the near future, and since there's a possibility I'll have to pay "full price" I'd like there to be at least one person not getting screwed. These would be booked directly on the IHG site, with the agency IATAN referenced appropriately.

(relatedly... I can't help but wonder how reimbursed stays end up reporting for agents...)
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:22 am

Yes you can use IATA number. Tried and tested many times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.