Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
This is a correct rejection. The cut off date has to be identical.
think hes been out the "game" a while
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mitpat474
My post was mostly to add a data point to the response time from the BRG dept. I understood the BRG was likely to be declined, and should be by the rules.

You are correct, I haven't looked for a BRG for a while. I do recall previously some flex BRGs being accepted (when they should be delcined) even when the cut-off time was not as favourable as IHG's own time.

Last edited by tangey; Aug 15, 2015 at 11:42 am
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by tangey
My post was mostly to add a data point to the response time from the BRG dept. I understood the BRG was likely to be declined, and should be by the rules.

You are correct, I haven't looked for a BRG for a while. I do recall previously some flex BRGs being accepted even when the cut-off time was not as favourable as IHG's own time.
yeah, a lot more stricter these days
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by mitpat474
As have I ... and looks like I have to jump back in for a several night stay in CDG, haha. Let's see how the landscape changed ... bet none of my sites work anymore. Goodbye Cluberia... heh
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Does anybody have claimed a single room (as ambassador) and arrived as couple? Got any Problems ??

(the room on IHG is for max 3 persons, breakfast up to 2 persons) ... think it should be possible...?

Last edited by Marco159; Aug 17, 2015 at 6:27 am
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold(OWS), IHG Gold(Plat Ambassador soon maybe), Accor Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Sorry my n00bness but where I could start searching for BRG opportunities in Thailand?(cancellable reservations just in case, can travel anytime of the year)
Guess would need a site that charges in THB (Thai Baht)? Or is it enough to have it shown on THB on the other site or convert the total to Eur on IHG site?

Or is this total waste of time as the time intervals for reservation cancellations are different nowadays on all sites (and would get denied based on that even when all other conditions are the same)?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
This is a first?

So, made a booking at Holiday Inn Dusseldorf Airport for 3 nights in October. Found a better rate at another site, went for BRG. At first denied, because they claimed the hotel wasn't availble on that particular site, which was incorrect. I replied and told them to pay more attention, and so second time round, they confirmed BRG and gave me one night free, and the other two at a lower rate--almost $200 savings!

Great, but then the next day, my reservation is cancelled. I write back to BRG folks and they have no clue. I call in and get a US based agent who says the hotel itself decided to cancel the reservation, but they don't know why. Agent emailed hotel and said wait 48 hrs, but also said that the individual hotels aren't allowed to do that.

Any experience with this?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ramitran
Guess would need a site that charges in THB (Thai Baht)?
That is the case. You need a site charging THB.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:35 am

Ok, so I've got what appears to be a fairly straightforward BRG lined up. I'm just a little hesitant because I've only does this once, several years ago, and this is a non-refundable rate.

Holiday Inn in the US. $104 on ihg.com, $85 on hotels.com, expedia, hotwire, and a few more (prices include taxes & fees). This price difference has existed for more than 24 hours. "Book Early & Save - Advance Purchase" rate on IHG, "Non-refundable rate" on the other sites. "1 KING BED EXECUTIVE NONSMOKING" on IHG, "Executive, One King Bed, Non-Smoking" on the other sites. Looking to do a legitimate one-night stay (only in town for one night).

It's not where I'd choose to stay if I was paying cash, but for free, and with my next best option being more than 3x as much as their quoted price, I'm tempted to try it. Is there any reason I (as an admitted noob) should skip this one? Or is it as clear-cut as it appears to be (assuming the other sites don't change their prices soon)?

Last edited by bobert24; Aug 18, 2015 at 10:41 am
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bobert24
It's not where I'd choose to stay if I was paying cash, but for free, and with my next best option being more than 3x as much as their quoted price, I'm tempted to try it. Is there any reason I (as an admitted noob) should skip this one? Or is it as clear-cut as it appears to be (assuming the other sites don't change their prices soon)?
It looks as though your gamble should work, but the BRG fairies can be fickle. Essentially you are trading your happiness against a payback of $100.

$300+ somewhere else

Holiday Inn either $100 or $0.

From what you say you'd be happier at the "somewhere else" and you value that happiness at $200 - but not $300.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by BorussiaMG
Did anyone successfully claim the IC Manila lately?

I do find cheaper rates but although they display in PHP they always charge in US-$ or €. Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Just for the record - it is doable ^
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
If they change my booking (for example number of adults) can i see that on ihg.com?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
argh.

Put in a BPG request, USD for USD, same room and everything.

Get an email back it was not approved because the room type wasn't available.

Only the room type they checked was neither the room type I wrote in the claim, NOR the room type I had made my reservation with IHG with.

Good job people. Tried calling but apparently there's no BPG-phoneline and I just have to email them back? jeez...
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Marco159
If they change my booking (for example number of adults) can i see that on ihg.com?
Yes and also m.ihg.com which I prefer
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Smiley90
argh.

Put in a BPG request, USD for USD, same room and everything.

Get an email back it was not approved because the room type wasn't available.

Only the room type they checked was neither the room type I wrote in the claim, NOR the room type I had made my reservation with IHG with.

Good job people. Tried calling but apparently there's no BPG-phoneline and I just have to email them back? jeez...
Just cancel and try again if you feel it's valid. I just BRGd Vienna and Paris and both were more or less valid but took two-three tries with various reasons for denial and eventual acceptance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.