Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mobilemario
Guys, possible match here?
IHG's Website:

3rd Party:

City tax not included on 3rd party's website.
If the city tax is less than €10 you should be OK, but remember it's always a gamble... never a guarantee! Risky with unrefundable pre-purchase.

Edit: the 10% mentioned in IHG's rate details is probably VAT, which according to European laws should also be included in the third party rate. If no second tax percentage is mentioned in the rate details, then it is safe to asume there is NO applicable city tax. In any case I never encountered a European hotel reservation where 10% was charged, this would be outragous!

If neither IHG, nor the third party website mention city tax it shouldn't be an obstacle for getting a BPG approved, but I would never take the risk with an unrefundable rate.

Last edited by Stealthmode; Apr 20, 2015 at 2:10 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I'm not sure if city tax is included in IHG's website either - last time we stayed at HI Hamburg we didn't know that there is a EUR 3 tourism tax collected at check-out (it wasn't mentioned at all at booking/check-in). This happened to us at HIE Baden Baden too.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:12 am

If the 3rd party website has a lower rate on a "standard" room, but IHG doesn't have standard rooms for sale (the lowest rate on the deluxe room is higher than the other website), will the best price guarantee NOT apply because the room types don't match? Even though the rate on the 3rd party website is lower than anything else on IHG.com?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:39 am
yus

Originally Posted by nacho
I'm not sure if city tax is included in IHG's website either - last time we stayed at HI Hamburg we didn't know that there is a EUR 3 tourism tax collected at check-out (it wasn't mentioned at all at booking/check-in). This happened to us at HIE Baden Baden too.
Recently my claim in Paris was rejected due to the city tax not included in competitor rate, but included in IHG rate. On the other hand my recent stay booked on ihg.com in Sofia did not include city tax in the rate
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, M&S Gold, Topbonus Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Sent in claim right after my booking, and also for 2 other sites at the 18hr mark. 48 hours later, no reply from IHG. Emailed them, and they claimed that none was received.

Any possible resolution to this matter?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
Sent a claim last night (Europe time zone), confirmation in mailbox at breakfast. Approved in under 8 hours. Difference between booking sites was quite substantial though.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Does anyone have experience with cancelling a confirmed BRG reservation that was originally booked at a non-refundable rate? I imagine I'd be charged the original room rate, but perhaps the hotel has some flexibility in cancelling the reservation without penalty since it would otherwise cost them if I actually do stay?

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Does anyone have experience with cancelling a confirmed BRG reservation that was originally booked at a non-refundable rate? I imagine I'd be charged the original room rate, but perhaps the hotel has some flexibility in cancelling the reservation without penalty since it would otherwise cost them if I actually do stay?

-FlyerBeek
If rate has been changed to $0, and they are not holding on to a deposit, you're fine. If not, however, you will be charged.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
If rate has been changed to $0, and they are not holding on to a deposit, you're fine. If not, however, you will be charged.
Thanks. Despite the BRG being confirmed weeks ago, the rate was never adjusted to $0 (in my experiences, many times it's not adjusted). Although it was listed as a pre-paid rate, there was never a charge made on my credit card. Looks like I'll be out of luck regarding the cancelation.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by freeman1993
Sent in claim right after my booking, and also for 2 other sites at the 18hr mark. 48 hours later, no reply from IHG. Emailed them, and they claimed that none was received.

Any possible resolution to this matter?
In my experience, whenever I've submitted a claim Saturday morning, they are never received. Glitch? Mass delete? who knows. But it is very consistent to not be a coincidence for me.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:32 am

The 3rd party website has a lower rate on a "Standard room". The hotel does not have a room type that is called that... apparently both superior (and possibly deluxe) rooms are considered standard. Is there any chance the BRG will work or will they deny based on the fact that the room type names are different?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by DealAddict
The 3rd party website has a lower rate on a "Standard room". The hotel does not have a room type that is called that... apparently both superior (and possibly deluxe) rooms are considered standard. Is there any chance the BRG will work or will they deny based on the fact that the room type names are different?
I think you'd be pushing your luck with that!

IHG seem to use "standard room" to mean something like "run of the house" - i.e. the exact type and configuration of room will be allocated on arrival. So (from the BRG teams view) you probably can't compare a specified room type with a standard one.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but .....
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
i had a brg approved to day for the weekend at IC Park Lane and the description on the competing website was "standard room" whilst I had booked the "classic room" on IHG.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:48 am

Claim denied because the reservation was not made online, but on the phone, by calling the reservations center. Seriously?

Last edited by DealAddict; Apr 23, 2015 at 4:54 am
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:58 am

I think I have found a BRG chance but I would appreciate some advice. The IHG lists the rates in euros and priceline has the lower rate in dollars. I don't think IHG converts the price into dollars until the final billing screen. Does that count as billed in dollars? Or is it billed in euros since the main search page shows the price in euros? Would using the currency convert feature matter or would I still have the same issue because the main page shows euros?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.