Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015, 1:16 am

Has anyone been approved at the IC Rome on AP? I'm wondering whether they refund the credit card right away, upon departure or VIA brg office? thanks
Old May 2, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, M&S Gold, Topbonus Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dgt37
Has anyone been approved at the IC Rome on AP? I'm wondering whether they refund the credit card right away, upon departure or VIA brg office? thanks

From my experience, it will be via BRG office.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Question if I may.... I have read 170 pages, but did read the wiki?

The BRG rules say: "A guest must book the lowest available hotel room price through the Best Available price search - for the type of accommodations sought - in order to qualify for the Best Price Guarantee."

This seems to always be a non-changeable, advance purchase rate.

Is this the correct interpretation?

So even if I book a refundable/changeable rate, and find another site that is a perfect match, it will be denied as I didnt select the cheapest rate (which will be an advance purchase or non refundable)

Yes?

Thx!
I had the same exact question when i was trying to figure this BRG stuff out. From what i have read and people answered here on the forum. you can compare "Refundable" rate to "Refundable" rate. Which doesn't make sense...
Old May 2, 2015, 2:40 pm

Worked so far for me for IC London, CrownePlaza Perth, Holiday Inn Townsville and waiting to hear back on some U.S. properties.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:11 pm

Hi all. I am fairly new to ihg brg and i've been able to obtain approved brg for almost every month stay in ihg hotel. Will ihg suspend my account due to frequent approved brg claim? Will ihg view it as an abuse to their brg and charge me for my previously approved claim? Anyone has any experience? Much appreciated.

Last edited by Quasi27; May 2, 2015 at 10:12 pm Reason: .
Old May 3, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by jksung5295
I had the same exact question when i was trying to figure this BRG stuff out. From what i have read and people answered here on the forum. you can compare "Refundable" rate to "Refundable" rate. Which doesn't make sense...
Id seen that earlier on in the thread....

But when I called the agent told me "no, it must be the cheapest- if there is a non-refundable you must buy that"
Old May 3, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
My first time doing a BRG. I've found a cheaper rate on the British Airways website for a hotel in Hong Kong. I can get the HK BA website to quote the price in HKD but will IHG reject it as I live in the UK and say the quote should be in £s.
Old May 3, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Question if I may.... I have read 170 pages, but did read the wiki?

The BRG rules say: "A guest must book the lowest available hotel room price through the Best Available price search - for the type of accommodations sought - in order to qualify for the Best Price Guarantee."

This seems to always be a non-changeable, advance purchase rate.

Is this the correct interpretation?

So even if I book a refundable/changeable rate, and find another site that is a perfect match, it will be denied as I didnt select the cheapest rate (which will be an advance purchase or non refundable)

Yes?

Thx!

NO! Thats not correct if you check to make a dummy booking for tomorrow or tuesday there will not be any ADV purchase rate. Usually from my experience the advance purchase rates disappears T-14 days.
Old May 3, 2015, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by dgt37
Yes i did a BRg for rome and they charged first thing in the morning when the accounting staff arrive. I dont think they work on weekends

Also if you are sucessful with a advance purchase and the hotel decides down the track they want to charge you and your card is denied then your claim will be invalid. And to add if brg say pay for it and will give you back the money in a cheque or bank deposit dont think thats in the bag either.
Old May 3, 2015, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
My first time doing a BRG. I've found a cheaper rate on the British Airways website for a hotel in Hong Kong. I can get the HK BA website to quote the price in HKD but will IHG reject it as I live in the UK and say the quote should be in £s.
If BA quote in HKG and charge in pounds your out of luck. Your address doesnt matter .
Old May 3, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
If BA quote in HKG and charge in pounds your out of luck. Your address doesnt matter .
BA charge is in HKD. The cancellation charge is 20% if more than 48 hours, which is better than IHG website so assume no issue? If I then book an additional night with BA (as free breakfast is included) will that cause any problems?
Old May 3, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by Quasi27
Hi all. I am fairly new to ihg brg and i've been able to obtain approved brg for almost every month stay in ihg hotel. Will ihg suspend my account due to frequent approved brg claim? Will ihg view it as an abuse to their brg and charge me for my previously approved claim? Anyone has any experience? Much appreciated.
How many stays in how many months?
Old May 3, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by patgarrett
How many stays in how many months?
1 free night every month
Old May 3, 2015, 9:58 am

BA charge is in HKD. The cancellation charge is 20% if more than 48 hours, which is better than IHG website so assume no issue? If I then book an additional night with BA (as free breakfast is included) will that cause any problems?

If BA States breakfast included book on ihg breakfast included. But also be aware a lot of packages that are non-refundable include breakfast , valet parking etc .
Old May 3, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
BA charge is in HKD....
I'm sure you are right - but it's worth checking all the way to the final payment page, especially if you are booking as a BAEC member (it has a habit of reverting to your "home" currency).

The other key points are the "package" elements and whether the site is truly instant confirmation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.