Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
So I submitted a claim online on Friday for one night stay, didnt hear anything, submitted another claim Saturday, still nothing, is it normal not to hear back after 48 hours? I have only did one other claim but did it on the phone, should I call and submit a claim or can I even do one on the phone?
Old May 24, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
There is no more the phone line for Best Price Guarantee.
You can only provide a claim online using the form on the website.

Right now the answer is quite fast. It was +- 2-4hours on Friday.

Maybe cancel your booking and do a new one with a other claim.
Check your spam just in case...
Old May 25, 2015, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yuel
So I submitted a claim online on Friday for one night stay, didnt hear anything, submitted another claim Saturday, still nothing, is it normal not to hear back after 48 hours? I have only did one other claim but did it on the phone, should I call and submit a claim or can I even do one on the phone?
Nada @ T+48 hours. Sent inquiry to [email protected]. Got quick reply: we don't see any claims for the email you used to contact us; on closer examination we found your claim and are denying it for the following (bogus) reasons.
I immediately canceled the res.

NB It was v easy getting the BRG for the Venetian (Vegas) 90 days ago.
Old May 26, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Nada @ T+48 hours. Sent inquiry to [email protected]. Got quick reply: we don't see any claims for the email you used to contact us; on closer examination we found your claim and are denying it for the following (bogus) reasons.
I immediately canceled the res.

NB It was v easy getting the BRG for the Venetian (Vegas) 90 days ago.
I submitted another brg yesterday, so a total of 3 and have not heard anything, so I guess I will call or send an email.
So should I get an email after submitting a brg claim form?
Old May 26, 2015, 5:46 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I submitted a BRG (and I'm experienced enough to know with 100% certainty it was valid) and here it is over 48 hours later and no response.

The lower competitor rate is no longer posted and Holiday Inn's rate has dropped. So, at this point I figured it ain't happening. I'll cancel the rez and go with a Hilton property instead.

Update 3 hours later after emailing an inquiry:

Thank you for contacting IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We apologize but we did a thorough search in our database regarding the claim that you submitted to us. However, we have not received an online form in reference to your reservation. Nevertheless, we still checked your booking under confirmation number 68131513 but unfortunately, this is already beyond 24 hours reservation and we can no longer proceed with our verification process,
Should you need further assistance or questions regarding the specific terms and conditions of the program you may visit http://www.ihg.com/bestprice

Best regards,

Paula O
Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk
IHG

Last edited by MileageAddict; May 26, 2015 at 9:05 pm
Old May 27, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I submitted a BRG (and I'm experienced enough to know with 100% certainty it was valid) and here it is over 48 hours later and no response.

The lower competitor rate is no longer posted and Holiday Inn's rate has dropped. So, at this point I figured it ain't happening. I'll cancel the rez and go with a Hilton property instead.

Thank you for contacting IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We apologize but we did a thorough search in our database regarding the claim that you submitted to us. However, we have not received an online form in reference to your reservation. Nevertheless, we still checked your booking under confirmation number xxxxxxxxxx but unfortunately, this is already beyond 24 hours reservation and we can no longer proceed with our verification process,
Should you need further assistance or questions regarding the specific terms and conditions of the program you may visit http://www.ihg.com/bestprice

Best regards,

Paula O
IHG
I would asterix out the imbedded res number above, as else ihg lurkers can tie your FT handle to your ihg account
Old May 27, 2015, 12:45 am

We apologize but we did a thorough search in our database regarding the claim that you submitted to us. However, we have not received an online form in reference to your reservation. Nevertheless, we still checked your booking under confirmation number ******** but unfortunately, this is already beyond 24 hours reservation and we can no longer proceed with our verification process,

Best regards,

Paula O
IHG

I've had this happen MANY times, and it's absolutely inexcusable, and yet it's hard to fight it unless I video record myself submitting the form and sending that to them as proof. What company actually constantly and continually loses e-mails?!

Whomever manages that department seriously needs to either be fired or demoted...it seems their team is losing e-mails left and right.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
I've had this happen MANY times, and it's absolutely inexcusable, and yet it's hard to fight it unless I video record myself submitting the form and sending that to them as proof. What company actually constantly and continually loses e-mails?!

Whomever manages that department seriously needs to either be fired or demoted...it seems their team is losing e-mails left and right.
The Philippines, as a proud nation and a proud people, has a very great many strong points, deservedly applauded.

Unfortunately, whether it is for Norton, a digital services company, or for IHG, a hospitality opportunist, or Accor, an enigma, the operation of a customer service centre/center is not at all one of these strong points.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
so having looked at the comments recently I thought I would give it a go as I have a few nights planned this weekend. Again for me working as clockwork - even having used a site that I don't normally use (bit ambiguous terms etc). Response in 40 minutes, and only 1 claim sent it. Surprisingly also a new agent who's name I don't recognise ( I recognise a lot of them)
Old May 27, 2015, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Personally I wouldn't wait that long before contacting them - several things can happen:

1. They were in the process to contact the hotel to remove the lower rate you found;
2. The really lost your email;
3. They want to put you on hold, if it's more than 24 hours, then you'll need to re-file again, by then they have removed the lower rate.

I contact them if I don't hear from them after 16 hours or so, if I still don't hear from them I'll send in another claim. Another reason not to use prepaid rate!
Old May 27, 2015, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
I would asterix out the imbedded res number above, as else ihg lurkers can tie your FT handle to your ihg account
It's not the real rez number. The real rez was promptly cancelled anyway.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Personally I wouldn't wait that long before contacting them - several things can happen:

1. They were in the process to contact the hotel to remove the lower rate you found;
2. The really lost your email;
3. They want to put you on hold, if it's more than 24 hours, then you'll need to re-file again, by then they have removed the lower rate.

I contact them if I don't hear from them after 16 hours or so, if I still don't hear from them I'll send in another claim. Another reason not to use prepaid rate!
One of my golden rules about BRG - I NEVER book a prepaid rate if I'm pursuing a claim.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: SQ
Does anyone know of a website that generally matches IHGs 'cancel by' times?

I keep finding a whole bunch of them that have cancellation until day of arrival but none with the by 6pm listed on IHG.com.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:19 am

We apologize but we did a thorough search in our database regarding the claim that you submitted to us. However, we have not received an online form in reference to your reservation. Nevertheless, we still checked your booking under confirmation number 68131513 but unfortunately, this is already beyond 24 hours reservation and we can no longer proceed with our verification process,

Best regards,

Paula O
IHG

One thing I did recently after getting denied by IHG and emailing back and forth with them was to cancel my reservation and make a new reservation WITHOUT my IHG Rewards number, using a nickname (Mike instead of Michael etc), and using my business address instead of my registered IHG address. I got an approval fairly quickly Make sure your address is one that you can receive checks at in case IHG needs to reimburse your stay.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by discountsae
One thing I did recently after getting denied by IHG and emailing back and forth with them was to cancel my reservation and make a new reservation WITHOUT my IHG Rewards number, using a nickname (Mike instead of Michael etc), and using my business address instead of my registered IHG address. I got an approval fairly quickly Make sure your address is one that you can receive checks at in case IHG needs to reimburse your stay.
Personally I wouldn't advise on the different address i can only imagine them to try ban you for some reason or the other, its fine to leave you ihg number out though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.