Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:34 am

Since i started accepting bank transfers from them, i've been receiving the money between 3 and 6 weeks after check out.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:31 am

Has anyone had or seen any success with BRG's for the United Arab Emirates? (Dubai/Abu Dhabi). I've been looking with no good leads yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AE*E, Hyatt Diamond, AAdv, BA Exec
Need your help! I have been trying unsuccessfully to get a brg approved for interco dublin. The rate shown on us websites is 30eur (after us-eur conversion) lower than ihg. I even tried sending them venere website in eur but they did not accept it. Is there another website that will clearly show the rates I am seeing in eur. This is for May 20.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:43 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by 336
In my experience they have become slower. Recently reimbursements are after around 6 weeks.
Same here. I've been receiving my checks at about 6 weeks.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by discountsae
I am expecting a reimbursement check from a stay at an Intercontinental property, but it has now been over 6 weeks. Has anyone else experienced delays in receiving reimbursement checks lately?
Allow them some more time and then kindly ask them for more details. I'm currently working on a case where 2 reimbursement back from April are still missing. The BRG desk it seems, is willing to help but has to check with the accounting department and things get messed up by the omnipresent IHG-incompetence regularly. It's a PITA.
This was regarding fund transfers though.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:29 am

double post - sorry

Last edited by KiFly; Jul 10, 2015 at 12:30 am Reason: double post
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Hello everybody,

Does anyone had an approved BRG claim for two rooms ?
Do they give for free the first night if in the reservation you book 2 rooms for 4 adults in total ?

Thank you for your answer
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:42 pm

If you all live in the same house then no as its 1 per household. If you don't, then get the others to book a room in their name and claim at the same time.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver Premier, IHG Platinum
Hello,

I'm new to IHG and recently filed a claim for The Palazzo for a one night stay. The claim was approved but the message in the email was that the hotel will update my reservation. How long does this take? My stay is for the 23rd of this month.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Looks like this clause in the T&C is now being disregarded in any claim.

At all IHG hotels globally, pre-paid rates on non-IHG sites will be compared with the IHG hotel's lowest available rate on IHG websites.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by patgarrett

At all IHG hotels globally, pre-paid rates on non-IHG sites will be compared with the IHG hotel's lowest available rate on IHG websites.
I just had one approved yesterday where the lowest available rate was Best Flexible and I compared to a non-refundable rate.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by UAL123
I just had one approved yesterday where the lowest available rate was Best Flexible and I compared to a non-refundable rate.
Seems to be a bit hit n miss at the moment!
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by patgarrett

This is the same for me at IC Dusseldorf. 1-2 months ago I was able to compare the best available rate (flexible) to a prepaid but now they reject the claim for same reason. I ask for a manager and the answer is :

We understand that you have enjoyed a valid claim with the same scenario before. However, Best Price Guarantee continues to improve and cannot use previous valid claim to verify a current claim.

It is our great regret to inform you that your claim remain invalid due to different cancellation policy.

I don't know if it is only for this hotel or all IC.
Because CP and HI I got no problem. I was thinking about a restriction only to me.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by Lotfi070
"However, Best Price Guarantee continues to improve"
Huh?! In what sense? What a bunch of complete jokers.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by aolj
Hello,

I'm new to IHG and recently filed a claim for The Palazzo for a one night stay. The claim was approved but the message in the email was that the hotel will update my reservation. How long does this take? My stay is for the 23rd of this month.
I have had a BPG room there several times. It might take a while before you get feedback, but do not worry. They will get back to you. Sometimes even after your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.