Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:35 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I sent my reply back three times.

All three came back declined today from three different people.

Example:
Greetings!

Thank you for your email. First we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Upon reviewing the claim, the rate we were able to verify on hotels.com is the same as the current rate on the IHG website. Please note that rates change from time to time without prior notice depending on the hotel's room availability and demand.

The lower rate must be able to be verified by an IHG Best Price Guarantee representative at the time of verification for a claim to qualify. Please note that we do not have control over the rates posted on both IHG and competing websites. We can only verify the information available to us at the time of verification.

We will give the free night as long as all terms are met as verified by IHG Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk, unfortunately, the claim will remain invalid because of the reason stated above.
Should you have further questions regarding the terms and conditions of the Guarantee, you may visit www.ihg.com/bestprice or access the link below:
http://www.ihg.com/ihg/rewards/us/en...rms-conditions

If you have questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Dixie Carreon
Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk
IHG

Hope this e-mail finds you well.

Please be informed that as long as the conditions of the Best Price Guarantee are met, we keep our promise of honoring the lower rate to free night and match the succeeding nights to lower rate.

Reporting an IHG of a Claim. The average nightly lower room rate must be available for booking at the time of claim verification and must be lower than that found on an IHG website, as determined by IHG customer service representatives.

Rooms on the competing website must be publicly available, viewable and bookable on the Internet at the time of verification.

Verification of Claims. All claims are subject to verification by IHG. IHG must be able to verify the lower price (and, for multi-night stays, the average lower price) found on the non-IHG website at the time the claim is processed and verify that the price at the time of verification is lower than that found on IHG’s websites.

In order for us to ensure that the rate is indeed available, viewable, bookable on another website in accordance to the T&C of the program, we need to go through a certain path in which we have to search for the rate from the third party website itself starting from the homepage (in search for the destination, travel dates, number of rooms and guests, etc.) and up to the final booking page as part of our verification process. As we are all aware of, rate changes from time to time online. It could be higher, lower or not available anymore at the time of verification and we do not have any control over these changes. Hence, it is important that we also verify the lower rate on our end. That’s the reason why we capture screenshots of the lower rate available on both sites – IHG and third party site – at the time of our verification. This is part of our verification process to ascertain that we have supporting document to attest the result of our validation.

Since the lower rate for the same room type was no longer available on the competing website at the time of our verification, your claim won't be extended for the Guarantee.

We encourage you to learn about our Guarantee and view our Terms & Conditions on www.ihg.com/bestprice.

Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience as a result of this decision and thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your business. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us again via e-mail at [email protected].

Best Regards,

Josephine F. Jesalva
IHG
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:28 pm

Is this allowed?

Hi I was wondering about the following scenarios.

Scenario 1
If I stay with my partner at an intercontinental. We do not live together so we have a different address. We both make a brg on two consecutive nights. But both stay at both nights. Is this a violation? The person that made the claims is different. However they both stay two consecutive nights free.

Scenario 2
I like to go with 3 friends to an intercontinental. We use the ihg brg so we have 2 rooms free on the same date. However at check in a credit card is still needed, but I am the only one with a credit card. So my credit card will be on both reservations. Could this bring any problems?

To be honest the hotel I am planning to stay at is out of my affordable range. So I prefer not to take a lot of risk.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:55 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 355F1
I sent my reply back three times.

All three came back declined today from three different people.

Example:
Greetings!

Thank you for your email. First we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Upon reviewing the claim, the rate we were able to verify on hotels.com is the same as the current rate on the IHG website. Please note that rates change from time to time without prior notice depending on the hotel's room availability and demand.

The lower rate must be able to be verified by an IHG Best Price Guarantee representative at the time of verification for a claim to qualify. Please note that we do not have control over the rates posted on both IHG and competing websites. We can only verify the information available to us at the time of verification.

We will give the free night as long as all terms are met as verified by IHG Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk, unfortunately, the claim will remain invalid because of the reason stated above.
Should you have further questions regarding the terms and conditions of the Guarantee, you may visit www.ihg.com/bestprice or access the link below:
http://www.ihg.com/ihg/rewards/us/en...rms-conditions

If you have questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Dixie Carreon
IHG

Hope this e-mail finds you well.

Please be informed that as long as the conditions of the Best Price Guarantee are met, we keep our promise of honoring the lower rate to free night and match the succeeding nights to lower rate.

Reporting an IHG of a Claim. The average nightly lower room rate must be available for booking at the time of claim verification and must be lower than that found on an IHG website, as determined by IHG customer service representatives.

Rooms on the competing website must be publicly available, viewable and bookable on the Internet at the time of verification.

Verification of Claims. All claims are subject to verification by IHG. IHG must be able to verify the lower price (and, for multi-night stays, the average lower price) found on the non-IHG website at the time the claim is processed and verify that the price at the time of verification is lower than that found on IHG’s websites.

In order for us to ensure that the rate is indeed available, viewable, bookable on another website in accordance to the T&C of the program, we need to go through a certain path in which we have to search for the rate from the third party website itself starting from the homepage (in search for the destination, travel dates, number of rooms and guests, etc.) and up to the final booking page as part of our verification process. As we are all aware of, rate changes from time to time online. It could be higher, lower or not available anymore at the time of verification and we do not have any control over these changes. Hence, it is important that we also verify the lower rate on our end. That’s the reason why we capture screenshots of the lower rate available on both sites – IHG and third party site – at the time of our verification. This is part of our verification process to ascertain that we have supporting document to attest the result of our validation.

Since the lower rate for the same room type was no longer available on the competing website at the time of our verification, your claim won't be extended for the Guarantee.

We encourage you to learn about our Guarantee and view our Terms & Conditions on www.ihg.com/bestprice.

Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience as a result of this decision and thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your business. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us again via e-mail at [email protected].

Best Regards,

Josephine F. Jesalva
IHG

5 PEOPLE have replied...all denying my claim.

NONE of them seem to be able to comprehend that they are using the following day's rates as a basis for my denial.

I am furious as hell.

March 19:

Hotels.com and priceline were $1,283.19 for 4 nights

I booked on IHG and paid $1,330.76 at 11am.

I sent my BRG claim in at 2pm.

Rates on both sites stay the same until I go to bed around 1am.

March 20:

I wake up and check the rates and IHG has lowered their price to match the OTA's.

2pm: I get a reply denying my claim saying that the rates are not lower. (IT IS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS THAT THEY AREN'T LOOKING AT THE DATE ON MY RESERVATION (MARCH 19) AND ARE SIMPLY USING MARCH 20 AS A COMPARISON!!!)

IS BRG DESK US-BASED OR OUTSOURCED?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Matt Newbie

Scenario 1
If I stay with my partner at an intercontinental. We do not live together so we have a different address. We both make a brg on two consecutive nights. But both stay at both nights. Is this a violation? The person that made the claims is different. However they both stay two consecutive nights free.

Scenario 2
I like to go with 3 friends to an intercontinental. We use the ihg brg so we have 2 rooms free on the same date. However at check in a credit card is still needed, but I am the only one with a credit card. So my credit card will be on both reservations. Could this bring any problems?

To be honest the hotel I am planning to stay at is out of my affordable range. So I prefer not to take a lot of risk.

Thanks in advance
Not allowed . When you brg a room you will be asked to provide name of any additional guest

Also most brg are to be gained with non cancel able Advance rates. If you can't afford to stay unless free what will you do if as happens ihg refuse your brg as an invalid ota match ? In this often happening scenario you are stuck with rooms u don't want to buy. Yes you can try to brg on flex rates but that is very very much harder to achieve

1. You can not simply stay first night as brg guest in room1 then have additional guest checkin on second night to a brg room with and share that room becoming additional guest.
This scenario us not allowed as same person benefits for consecutive night brg's.
And you compound this by having both guests trying to fiddle consecutive brg nights

2. Yes an issue as hotel may well decide you are brg'g both rooms and putting guests in to it. .... Or worse ihg will think you brg 2nd room and are selling it to friends. Hotel can now legitimately charge your CC provided for just deposit for rate of the second room.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by Matt Newbie

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Thanks in advance
Scenario 1
If there are at least 2 different IHG hotels (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, IC...) in the city you want to go to and you can find lower prices for both hotels, it is much safer to do it that way but then you will have to change hotels (and book both rooms on a different name, for the additional guest you could change the name slightly, for example use the maiden name...)

Scenario 2
If the hotel you want to book has rooms that accomodate 4 adults, like a junior suite or something (might be not possible) and you find a lower price for that room somewhere else, you will be safe.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Am I right in thinking that IHG will not BRG rates from lmtclub.com as they state cancellation must happen within 2 days before the stay whereas IHG give 6pm previous day?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Am I right in thinking that IHG will not BRG rates from lmtclub.com as they state cancellation must happen within 2 days before the stay whereas IHG give 6pm previous day?
You have to be a 'member' (you need to log in) to see the rates from lmtclub so they won't count anyway, whatever the cancellation policy is...
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Delectatio
You have to be a 'member' (you need to log in) to see the rates from lmtclub so they won't count anyway, whatever the cancellation policy is...
do you really? They get picked up by kayak...
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Not allowed . When you brg a room you will be asked to provide name of any additional guest
This is incorrect, you do not need to name the second guest. You can brg for 2 guests and simply leave it blank. Think this point has been discussed before, but I speak from experience.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
do you really? They get picked up by kayak...
Lastminutetravel.com (lmt) is accessible for everyone but lmtclub requires logging in and membership. They are both the same company (and websites are linked) but lmtclub generally has lower prices. Check it out and you will see...
Results from the first website can count if cancellation policy and currency is exactly the same, but results from lmtclub won't count...
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mitpat474
This is incorrect, you do not need to name the second guest. You can brg for 2 guests and simply leave it blank. Think this point has been discussed before, but I speak from experience.
We both know this. However this newbie to brg will by default provide second name, assuming they remember to set reservation for 2 adults as you can not change post brg acceptance etc
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mitpat474
You don't - it's totally up to you and IHG can't force it either. However they usually ask before they approve your claim IME, so if you give them a name, you seem more genuine/ nothing to hide. It also speeds up the process if you put in the second guest name in while filing the claim.

You can always change the name of the second guest - I don't think the BRG terms stated anything that you can't change the second guest.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:12 am

Thanks for your input

Hi all,
Thanks for commenting.
I will remember them when I try to brg a refundable rate.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your response and we appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We have re - verified the competing website - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - and we are able to find out that indeed, rate is publicly available and bookable with credit card.

As per checking, your reservation has been validated already under case no. xxxxxxx. Thus, we are unable to re - verify this particular claim for the said website.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Mayette Nicolas
IHG

Received this after a folly reply from them for a particular web site. Just to show sometimes they acknowledge mistakes on their end and try to rectify (in my case no need).
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:10 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 355F1
5 PEOPLE have replied...all denying my claim.

NONE of them seem to be able to comprehend that they are using the following day's rates as a basis for my denial.

I am furious as hell.

March 19:

Hotels.com and priceline were $1,283.19 for 4 nights

I booked on IHG and paid $1,330.76 at 11am.

I sent my BRG claim in at 2pm.

Rates on both sites stay the same until I go to bed around 1am.

March 20:

I wake up and check the rates and IHG has lowered their price to match the OTA's.

2pm: I get a reply denying my claim saying that the rates are not lower. (IT IS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS THAT THEY AREN'T LOOKING AT THE DATE ON MY RESERVATION (MARCH 19) AND ARE SIMPLY USING MARCH 20 AS A COMPARISON!!!)

IS BRG DESK US-BASED OR OUTSOURCED?
Can any of you tell me what avenue I should take here? I've sent it in requesting a supervisor and they still are not taking into account the previous day's date when I actually made my reservation.

What it looks like is that they are receiving information from claims....lowering their online price....and THEN replying to claims with a letter of denial.

Should I call/email IHG customer service?

This is so wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.