Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:49 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Does the BRG thing count for IC Alliance hotels, too, if booked through IHG.com?

I sure hope so. Because I just submitted my first claim.

Hotels.com was $15/night lower than IHG's $271/night rate for a 4-night stay at the Palazzo in Vegas in June.

Fingers crossed I did everything right!

Actually, ALL of the discount OTA's are priced $15 lower than IHG. Looks good for me!!!!

Last edited by 355F1; Mar 19, 2015 at 12:27 pm
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:14 am

Yes, you will have no problem using the guarantee for IC Alliance hotels. Good luck!

Originally Posted by 355F1
Does the BRG thing count for IC Alliance hotels, too, if booked through IHG.com?

I sure hope so. Because I just submitted my first claim.

Hotels.com was $15/night lower than IHG's $271/night rate for a 4-night stay at the Palazzo in Vegas in June.

Fingers crossed I did everything right!

Actually, ALL of the discount OTA's are priced $15 lower than IHG. Looks good for me!!!!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

It's been 30 hours since I sent in the BRG Claim--no response.

However, as of about 3 hours ago IHG did lower their price so that it's now $.03 LOWER than the OTAs....so obviously they saw SOMETHING.

I prepaid my stay; what will IHG do to reimburse me since it's prepaid? (assuming they even validate my claim....)
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: IHG
It's been 30 hours since I sent in the BRG Claim--no response.

However, as of about 3 hours ago IHG did lower their price so that it's now $.03 LOWER than the OTAs....so obviously they saw SOMETHING.

I prepaid my stay; what will IHG do to reimburse me since it's prepaid? (assuming they even validate my claim....)
Re-sent a claim that was ignored - nothing in over 60 hrs. Response in 8 hours saying I should have made the claim within 24 hours. A complete joke. It was a nailed-on approval.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:15 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

I am upset because I am dealing with effing IDIOTS!!!!!!

They just denied my claim based on the prices on IHG TODAY!!!

Coincidentally, IHG's website THIS MORNING WAS ADJUSTED and shows a rate that is literally pennies lower than the OTA's.

What the F???????? I paid over $1300 YESTERDAY on IHG and these idiots don't even make any sense!

Dear XXX

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental Affiliate Resort The Palazzo. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this.

We have verified the website www.hotels.com and found the corresponding rate for the reservation you have booked on the IHG website. The lowest comparable rate available for 18-22 June 2015 is USD 260.54 ave. nightly rate or USD 1,283.19 for 4 nights including taxes and resort fee . This is basically the same as the current rate available on the IHG site under the Advance Purchase Rate category. Please be advised that for a reservation to qualify for the Best Price Guarantee the lower verified rate should meet a difference benchmark of at least 1% or US$ 1.00 (whichever is higher) for both the rate per night as well as the total cost of the reservation.

Matching Prices - Price Variance. The nightly room price and the nightly total room cost (for one night stays) or the average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost (for multi-night stays) must each be lower than the IHG room price and the IHG total room cost, respectively, by at least 1% or $1 USD (or the equivalent in the hotel’s currency) (whichever is higher). Coupons or vouchers may not be utilized to lower published room prices for the purposes of making a claim.

Based on the result of the verification, your reservation shall remain at the rate it was originally booked at. We appreciate your interest in filing for the Best Price Guarantee and encourage you to learn more about our program and to reference our Terms and Conditions by visiting www.ihg.com/bestprice.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Mitch Junio
Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk
IHG

Email: [email protected]
www.ihg.com/bestprice

Last edited by 355F1; Mar 20, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
The BRG program is certainly starting to have a last days of Rome feel to it.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:55 am

Coincidentally, IHG's website THIS MORNING WAS ADJUSTED and shows a rate that is literally pennies lower than the OTA's.

What the F???????? I paid over $1300 YESTERDAY on IHG and these idiots don't even make any sense!

Dear XXX

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental Affiliate Resort The Palazzo. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this.

We have verified the website www.hotels.com and found the corresponding rate for the reservation you have booked on the IHG website. The lowest comparable rate available for 18-22 June 2015 is USD 260.54 ave. nightly rate or USD 1,283.19 for 4 nights including taxes and resort fee . This is basically the same as the current rate available on the IHG site under the Advance Purchase Rate category. Please be advised that for a reservation to qualify for the Best Price Guarantee the lower verified rate should meet a difference benchmark of at least 1% or US$ 1.00 (whichever is higher) for both the rate per night as well as the total cost of the reservation.

Matching Prices - Price Variance. The nightly room price and the nightly total room cost (for one night stays) or the average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost (for multi-night stays) must each be lower than the IHG room price and the IHG total room cost, respectively, by at least 1% or $1 USD (or the equivalent in the hotel’s currency) (whichever is higher). Coupons or vouchers may not be utilized to lower published room prices for the purposes of making a claim.

Based on the result of the verification, your reservation shall remain at the rate it was originally booked at. We appreciate your interest in filing for the Best Price Guarantee and encourage you to learn more about our program and to reference our Terms and Conditions by visiting www.ihg.com/bestprice.

Best Regards,

Mitch Junio
IHG

www.ihg.com/bestprice
I couldn't agree more. I don't know if they are real idiots or appear to be idiots. I have put instructions on how to get the lower rate in the comment field (the website is a bit tricky, you have to click a button to see the lower rate), but they just ignored them, and claimed they couldn't find the lower rate.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by infovis
I couldn't agree more. I don't know if they are real idiots or appear to be idiots. I have put instructions on how to get the lower rate in the comment field (the website is a bit tricky, you have to click a button to see the lower rate), but they just ignored them, and claimed they couldn't find the lower rate.
It does still work though, colleague had one accepted the other day.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5

Dear XXX

Best Regards,

Mitch Junio
IHG

www.ihg.com/bestprice
is the price quoted above the recent IHG price or is it the one you booked? ask for a supervisor to review it in your return email if the price is not the same as the one you booked.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Same thing is going to happen to me. Booked Palazzo in June on IHG website then submitted brg form since it was cheaper on Expedia. I submitted this yesterday at 11am. Woke up today to see your post then checked IHG website and sure thing their rate dropped to match OTA! Thank goodness I booked best flexible rate. No doubting will be denied but will cancel my room!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:22 pm

This is distressing but not unexpected. Keep pressing and you should get a satisfactory outcome.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:38 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by medellinfein
This is distressing but not unexpected. Keep pressing and you should get a satisfactory outcome.
Thanks for the support.

They still haven't responded to my multiple replies.

THe moron who did the BRG looked at IHG's prices the day after I made my reservation, NOT the day I made them....
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Just had a one night BRG stay but I only received 1000 pts for an "unqualified stay". Do BRG stays not count towards anything? I had alot of charges to my room too assuming I would earn points for these. Anyone know?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by bgriz18
Just had a one night BRG stay but I only received 1000 pts for an "unqualified stay". Do BRG stays not count towards anything?
Technically no. However:

Originally Posted by medellinfein
BRG free night counted towards fufilling Set Your Sights promo, specifically the stay at 2 HIs "Change your View" challenge, despite the rate being zeroed out by hotel
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by canesfan
Same thing is going to happen to me. Booked Palazzo in June on IHG website then submitted brg form since it was cheaper on Expedia. I submitted this yesterday at 11am. Woke up today to see your post then checked IHG website and sure thing their rate dropped to match OTA! Thank goodness I booked best flexible rate. No doubting will be denied but will cancel my room!
Surely this will be an automatic denial anyway based on the fact the stay is in June and an AP rate is currently offered and is lower than the BF rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.