Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by jksung5295
then is my understanding correct that you can only submit BRG for non-refundable rates UNLESS only refundable rates are available and in that case you can BRG against the refundable rate?
My understanding is that non-refundable rates much be compared to non-refundable rates, and refundable rates compared to other refundable rates, unless IHG doesn't offer a non-refundable option.

I haven't personally run into a situation where I've had a claim denied because I didn't book the cheapest non-refundable rate. While I'm sure his has happened before to others, I'd chock it up as one of those "claims which should have been approved but wasn't". Maybe cancel, rebook and submit claim, and hope for a different BPG agent?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by JDavis625
My understanding is that non-refundable rates much be compared to non-refundable rates, and refundable rates compared to other refundable rates, unless IHG doesn't offer a non-refundable option.

I haven't personally run into a situation where I've had a claim denied because I didn't book the cheapest non-refundable rate. While I'm sure his has happened before to others, I'd chock it up as one of those "claims which should have been approved but wasn't". Maybe cancel, rebook and submit claim, and hope for a different BPG agent?
My claim was denied because they told me "i did not book the lowest rate available" and also that the "lowest rate available" matched between 3rd part and IHG.

But, i wanted refundable rate matched to refundable rate as 3rd part had lower refundable rate.

Maybe HUCA (or cancel and submit again) will be my best option. I just wanted others input on if matching to refundable rate is possible.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The BRG definitely works if you follow their rules to a 'T' ... most of the time.
Indeed - and I'm wondering if equal rooms, but with the IHG one designated as "non smoking". Is that enough to break the BRG?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:44 pm

But, i wanted refundable rate matched to refundable rate as 3rd part had lower refundable rate.
This should work if the refund policy is the same.

I.e. Free cancellation until 6pm on IHG and free cancellation until 4pm on a 3rd party site won't work... Actually it doesn't even work the other way around also the competitive site would be less restrictive.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:32 pm

My claim was denied because they told me "i did not book the lowest rate available" and also that the "lowest rate available" matched between 3rd part and IHG.

Maybe HUCA (or cancel and submit again) will be my best option. I just wanted others input on if matching to refundable rate is possible.
Matching to a refundable rate is definitely possible - it's the only way I ever do it.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Indeed - and I'm wondering if equal rooms, but with the IHG one designated as "non smoking". Is that enough to break the BRG?
Ultimately the answer will lie with whichever BPG agent handles your submission. You'll probably have an issue if the hotel offers both smoking and non-smoking rooms, but if its a non-smoking-only hotel I'd think you'd be alright. Not to the confidence level where I'd risk it on a non-refundable reservation though.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:38 am

Matching to a refundable rate is definitely possible - it's the only way I ever do it.
Thanks for the clarification, i'll try it again if I find a better rate. It's for a trip in December so i got 8 months to find a BRG that will work for me.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:16 pm

anybody have any idea on what the response times have been like lately?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:08 am
yus

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
The response time was 24 hours as promised for last couple of months. However I am still waiting for my latest claim response: 40 hours and counting
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: DL GM / HH DIAMOND / IHG PlatAmb / AB Silv
Originally Posted by yus
The response time was 24 hours as promised for last couple of months. However I am still waiting for my latest claim response: 40 hours and counting
Looks to me like they ignored or missed out on some claims lately since I still haven't heard back from claims I send in over the weekend but got others confirmed from Monday ... I also got one confirmed from about a month ago yesterday...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
I had a claim approved in less than an hour yesterday. They're always unpredictable, I'll give them that.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:30 am

Still waiting on second claim....

Originally Posted by najrob
Looks to me like they ignored or missed out on some claims lately since I still haven't heard back from claims I send in over the weekend but got others confirmed from Monday ... I also got one confirmed from about a month ago yesterday...
This is one heck of an organization...
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Last week I received answers in 15 to 21 hours.

Referring to 8 claims (for 3 hotels). I usually sent in more claims for 1 night...
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:07 pm

Wow...nothing else to say...

They claimed they never received a second claim, so when I sent them a resubmission, they stated it was after the 24 hour time limit for submission. I will cancel the reservation and only use IHG withr the points I have from their card. I would not give them another penny...
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:17 pm

Has anybody received a response recently? I have several claims from Monday/Tuesday that have YET to be addressed by them. I'm guessing they've been "lost"?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:45 am

Guys, possible match here?
IHG's Website:
STANDARD ROOM
Advance Saver Rate
€ 187.00 EUR per room, per night
Tax: 10% per night included in rate effective
2 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM
DESCRIPTION:
Great value on this fully prepaid rate. Advance purchase is required. A full prepaid non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. Your credit card will be charged between the time of booking and day of arrival. Deposit is non-refundable if reservation is cancelled. Reservation non-Transferable
RATE RULES:
ADVANCE PURCHASE REQUIRED
Must purchase at least 5 days in advance.
CHECK-IN-TIME: 3:00 PM
CHECK-OUT-TIME: 12:00 PM
DEPOSIT RULES:
A deposit for the entire stay is due at time of booking.
CANCELLATION POLICY:
Canceling your reservation or failing to arrive will result in forfeiture of your deposit. Taxes may apply.

3rd Party:

1 Nights
1 Double
Contract Type: Standard Room - Non Refundable
Availability: Instant Confirmation

TOTAL PRICE: 178.00 €

Cancellation Deadline within: 18th April 2015, Saturday
City tax not included on 3rd party's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.