Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by Lotfi070
This is the same for me at IC Dusseldorf. 1-2 months ago I was able to compare the best available rate (flexible) to a prepaid but now they reject the claim for same reason. I ask for a manager and the answer is :

We understand that you have enjoyed a valid claim with the same scenario before. However, Best Price Guarantee continues to improve and cannot use previous valid claim to verify a current claim.
Why on earth are you discussing your claims with a hotel manager? What can you possibly hope to gain from this except educating the manager about how to avoid successful claims?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by patgarrett
Why on earth are you discussing your claims with a hotel manager? What can you possibly hope to gain from this except educating the manager about how to avoid successful claims?
I think he meant a supervisor/manager at BRG team....
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Yes exactly the title is :

Senior Case manager
Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk
IHG

Anyway I replied him and got no answer so I suppose he just ignored my answer to explain the reason

If someone get the same reason for deny in this hotel it means that the restriction is due only for this hotel. They only compare the exact rate with same cancellation... Maybe the hotel got too many claim and want just a claim based on same cancellation and so on.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner

Senior Case manager
IHG

Anyway I replied him and got no answer so I suppose he just ignored my answer to explain the reason

If someone get the same reason for deny in this hotel it means that the restriction is due only for this hotel. They only compare the exact rate with same cancellation... Maybe the hotel got too many claim and want just a claim based on same cancellation and so on.
This seems to be the new policy across the board, unfortunately.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5

Senior Case manager
IHG

All they do when they reply is add "senior case manager" to their email sigs..
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by mitpat474
All they do when they reply is add "senior case manager" to their email sigs..

Yes I think but in fact they told me that they have transferred the mail to a manager for review and he will answer me.

But when I got his email the name of the manager was a common name i saw in BRG reply

So probably just adding the senior case manager or maybe he was promoted ^
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
There is so much inconsistency across the board.

Ive had instances whereby booked advance purchase on IHG and theyre declining because 3rd party allows cancellation which was never the case previously.

Additionally, Ive had one claim approved. Submitted second identical claim, even quoting the first case file which was approved, yet received a response "we are still researching", which was later declined. Surely if one is valid, so is the other.

Agent lottery
Old Jul 25, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
So question : if a standard room is available at 100, 2 doubles are available at 130, can I book the the double and file brg if both standard and double are available for $5 less at competing site? Or do you have to book the lowest-priced room at the hotel?

2nd question, if I go through a site like kayak that allow you to book through something like booking.com that is cheaper than if you go through booking.com directly, will they typically reject that?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:36 am

You need to compare the same room types. So yes, you can compare the double against the double, even if there is cheaper standard.

No, you can not redirect through another site, they will reject it.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
what are current response rates like for others?

i submitted a claim against a barn door BRG yesterday at 11.10am UK time. Still not been replied to.

I resubmitted it this morning at 7.30 am - no reply to that over.

In my experience if I submit a claim against a suite (which this is) they conveniently lose it.

Its now 24 hours since booking, so wondering how long I leave it to get either replies before cancelling and rebooking - the lower rate is still on the other site.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:54 am

90 mins for me Sunday morning Geoggy
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Would you cancel and rebook it SirA?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:44 am

I wouldn't cancel, just book another one. Have them both open, when you get a response to one, cancel the other.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I just submitted a Priceline vs. Holiday Inn in NYC. One night was $350 on HI.com and 300 on Priceline. The room was King Standard non-smoking vs. King Leisure non-smoking on Priceline. Hoping they wont deny it for that small discrepancy - its the same room!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:05 pm

IME standard and leisure are generally interchangeable, as long as it's not deluxe/executive/superior etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.