Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by patgarrett
The problem is that I was signed in as a member but didn't book the discounted member -10% rate as I didn't think that was the rate they'd be comparing. My 3rd party rate was less than the regular Weekend Escape rate but because the IHG member rate is less than the 3rd party rate they won't accept the claim. I feel it's totally disingenuous on their part as there's nothing in the T&C about comparing to member discount rates. Any ideas as to how I can appeal? I got nowhere with Guest Relations or the hotel.
I agree with you its out of order but it is their game, I think this 10% offer is only on for a while right, so will work after.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
The problem is that I was signed in as a member but didn't book the discounted member -10% rate as I didn't think that was the rate they'd be comparing. My 3rd party rate was less than the regular Weekend Escape rate but because the IHG member rate is less than the 3rd party rate they won't accept the claim. I feel it's totally disingenuous on their part as there's nothing in the T&C about comparing to member discount rates. Any ideas as to how I can appeal? I got nowhere with Guest Relations or the hotel.
Sorry but even not signing in first does not allow you to ignore the -10% TABs as displayed whther IHG member signed in before searching on hotels or not.

If UN-signed in you still see TAB's eg TAB TITLE => [Exclusive Member Discount]
This -10% TAB, alas appears against all rates, Flex, 7day ADR, 21day ADR, Weekend Rate, etc etc.

If you are NOT signed in, clicking to both
a)First select EMD tab
b)Book this Room
Results in member signin box popping up.

In effect if you want to BRG as am IHG @Rewards Member, you are penalised by 10% in that you need find OTA beating IHG rate by 11% rather than 1%
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Sorry but even not signing in first does not allow you to ignore the -10% TABs as displayed whther IHG member signed in before searching on hotels or not.

If UN-signed in you still see TAB's eg TAB TITLE => [Exclusive Member Discount]
This -10% TAB, alas appears against all rates, Flex, 7day ADR, 21day ADR, Weekend Rate, etc etc.

If you are NOT signed in, clicking to both
a)First select EMD tab
b)Book this Room
Results in member signin box popping up.

In effect if you want to BRG as am IHG @Rewards Member, you are penalised by 10% in that you need find OTA beating IHG rate by 11% rather than 1%
So basically I made the mistake of signing in. Wouldn't they be still be able to see I'm a member though based on my address?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:54 pm

So basically I made the mistake of signing in. Wouldn't they be still be able to see I'm a member though based on my address?
Well when you fill out the BRG form you state your status
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I was saying not signuing in probably makes no difference as you still see the -10% off best Rate TABs.

So BRG guys can still argue you should have selected -10% TAB as visible despite you not beuing signed in. !
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Submitted a claim around 7 am ET on Sunday morning - 36 hours later, no response. I miss being able to call them in
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Ditto, still no response 48 hours later.

Edit: Just got this:

While IHG allows free cancellation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) Feb 21, 2014, competing website only allows until before 6:00 PM (local time) Feb 19, 2014 to have your reservation cancelled free of charge.

Didn't know they're so picky about this. Previously even with this difference, my claim was approved.

Last edited by Quarantine; Jan 13, 2014 at 11:33 pm
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:55 pm

Is IHG correct in denying my claim?

I found a rate on the IHG website for a room in Crowne Plaza Dubai which is 100 USD more than what is found on Travelocity. But the rate on IHG is in UAE currency and the rate in Travelocity is in USD. The difference is 100USD when both rates are calculated in USD.
I applied for a BRG but was denied with the following reason.

The competing website which is www.travelocity.com will only allow you to view and book the reservation in US Dollars (USD). The option to view and book the rate in UAE Dirhams (AED) which is the hotel’s billing currency is unavailable.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer31
I found a rate on the IHG website for a room in Crowne Plaza Dubai which is 100 USD more than what is found on Travelocity. But the rate on IHG is in UAE currency and the rate in Travelocity is in USD. The difference is 100USD when both rates are calculated in USD.
I applied for a BRG but was denied with the following reason.

The competing website which is www.travelocity.com will only allow you to view and book the reservation in US Dollars (USD). The option to view and book the rate in UAE Dirhams (AED) which is the hotel’s billing currency is unavailable.
yes it has to be in the same currency
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
am looking for a brg for Washington DC but none of the sites i used for my last brg in the US are working. If anyone fancies helping me out on pm i would be very grateful
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
yes it has to be in the same currency
Do you have any idea on how to find a website which shows rates in UAE currency.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I agree with you its out of order but it is their game, I think this 10% offer is only on for a while right, so will work after.
yeap, end of next month

"Now members can get an extra 10% or more off our lowest online rates by booking their stay direct with us right up until the end of February 2014."

And according to the T&C it only applies to stays up to the same date. I havn't checked, but in theory the member discount rate should not be showing for any bookings for dates in March 2014 or beyond.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:41 am

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Yep it doesn't come up for stays booked after that date
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by tangey

And according to the T&C it only applies to stays up to the same date. I havn't checked, but in theory the member discount rate should not be showing for any bookings for dates in March 2014 or beyond.
Nope, I can confirm that the 10% member exclusive saving rate is considered as the LOWEST rate bookable on ihg.com and you NEED to book that rate in order to be eligible for BRG claim.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Nope, I can confirm that the 10% member exclusive saving rate is considered as the LOWEST rate bookable on ihg.com and you NEED to book that rate in order to be eligible for BRG claim.
What's the "Nope" relating to ?

There is no 10% member discount rate after end of Feb. You can not book that rate for stays on or after 1st of March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.