Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Nope, I can confirm that the 10% member exclusive saving rate is considered as the LOWEST rate bookable on ihg.com and you NEED to book that rate in order to be eligible for BRG claim.
Best Price Guarantee: We guarantee that every hotel reservation booked through an IHG web site will have the lowest room price (room rate) or total room cost (including all taxes and fees) publicly available on the Internet. If you find a lower room price (room rate) and total room cost (including all taxes and fees) publicly available on the Internet on a non-IHG Website within 24 hours of booking, IHG will provide your first night’s room price free and match the lower average nightly room price found for that stay for the rest of the nights of that stay, subject to the following terms and conditions:

This is debatable since you need to be a member to book the club member rate.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Best Price Guarantee: We guarantee that every hotel reservation booked through an IHG web site will have the lowest room price (room rate) or total room cost (including all taxes and fees) publicly available on the Internet. If you find a lower room price (room rate) and total room cost (including all taxes and fees) publicly available on the Internet on a non-IHG Website within 24 hours of booking, IHG will provide your first night’s room price free and match the lower average nightly room price found for that stay for the rest of the nights of that stay, subject to the following terms and conditions:

This is debatable since you need to be a member to book the club member rate.
That's technically true - I guess if you fight for it they will amend the T&Cs to include the 10% as a valid rate
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by lsed
That's technically true - I guess if you fight for it they will amend the T&Cs to include the 10% as a valid rate
Then surely it would allow the likes of certain "sign up" sites also to be valid claims...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by lsed
I tried to fight back but the answer is a clear 'NO'...would love to know that somebody got this approved though=)
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
I tried to fight back but the answer is a clear 'NO'...would love to know that somebody got this approved though=)
The answer is a clear NO even though there's absolutely no coverage of this member-only policy in their T&C and it's a blatant penalization of members. I'm now waiting for a response to my fourth email to them.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Then surely it would allow the likes of certain "sign up" sites also to be valid claims...
Definitely.

I can imagine the argument they have is that it doesn't require anything to become a member, is it possible for someone to copy paste the rejection email? I'm interested in seeing their exact wording of it.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Definitely.

I can imagine the argument they have is that it doesn't require anything to become a member, is it possible for someone to copy paste the rejection email? I'm interested in seeing their exact wording of it.

Thanks in advance!
Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.
Per the terms of the program, guests must book a room with the lowest available price on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the “Best Available Rate Search.” Our lowest Best Available rate is under the IHG Rewards Club Members Rate.

As your reservation was not booked under IHG’s lowest available price, it is with regret to inform you that your claim didn’t qualify to the program.

Should you have further questions regarding the specific terms and conditions of the program you may visit http://www.ihg.com/bestprice

If we can be of any other assistance to you, please feel free to contact us
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, CC Gold
Wow. I was really skeptical at first, but I made a reservation today at an IC, submitted the form, matching to olotels.com, and within 2 hours I got a response. BRG'd! So excited! At 400 Euros, this is probably the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed at!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
I'm surprised that olotels is accepted, IIRC this is the site that was rejected a lot.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:24 am

Interestingly, the rates on IC.com have just been lowered to match olotels!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by kpowed
Wow. I was really skeptical at first, but I made a reservation today at an IC, submitted the form, matching to olotels.com, and within 2 hours I got a response. BRG'd! So excited! At 400 Euros, this is probably the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed at!
Within 2hours? That's fast. Did you book an advance purchase rate?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:21 am

Did you have to book the club member rate ( assuming the stay is during the promotional period)?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Awesome. I've submitted two BRGs - one 24 hours ago, one 12, still nothing. The one I submitted 5 days ago finally got rejected yesterday (my bad on that one, missed an obvious condition).
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:03 am

Within 2hours? That's fast. Did you book an advance purchase rate?
What's an advance purchase rate?

Did you have to book the club member rate ( assuming the stay is during the promotional period)?
How do I see club member rates?

I just went to IHG.com, searched for hotels in the city I wanted, and booked the cheapest refundable rate. I also had to add breakfast to match olotels.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:36 am

What's an advance purchase rate?

How do I see club member rates?

I just went to IHG.com, searched for hotels in the city I wanted, and booked the cheapest refundable rate. I also had to add breakfast to match olotels.
Advance purchase rate is a non-refundable rate. But you said that you booked a refundable rate. How was the cancellation policy of olotels for your room when you made the claim? Was it exactly the same?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.