Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:49 pm
GIJ

Programs: SPG Plus, AC Elite
I have got two high dollars approval. The second confirmation email was at least one week after the first week.
I think it takes some time for the hotel to contact back the brg office. Be patience.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by GIJ
I have got two high dollars approval. The second confirmation email was at least one week after the first week.
I think it takes some time for the hotel to contact back the brg office. Be patience.
I think hes referring to the initial confirmation, as in on the phone where its verified and they give you a reference case etc
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:58 pm
GIJ

Programs: SPG Plus, AC Elite
The initial confirmation email I got at least 3 days after I submitted the brg.

Try to call the brg office to check.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by mitpat474
3rd party web site, the one you are comparing to sorry, the rate shouldn't make too much difference to your claim to be honest, I done a prepaid £630 IC suite yday in around 20 mins. I was a bit nervous doing it
I'm working on $1200/2500 consecutively. And my BRGS are usually solid.
Thx GIJ - I will try to be patient. And we can't call in anymore, (correct??) which is lame but they make the rules.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by redreeper
I'm working on $1200/2500 consecutively. And my BRGS are usually solid.
Thx GIJ - I will try to be patient. And we can't call in anymore, (correct??) which is lame but they make the rules.
You can still call I done 3-4 since the new t&cs via phone

Nice amount mines were around £400-600 each, paid one last week £795 (to be claimed back)
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
You can still call I done 3-4 since the new t&cs via phone

Nice amount mines were around £400-600 each, paid one last week £795 (to be claimed back)
Do you have the phone number? I might give it a try.
Yup, will be nice if they go through (well one will if my clain is valid, the other won't even if valid because they are consecutive nights submitted simoultaneously).

thanks for the help
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by redreeper
Do you have the phone number? I might give it a try.
Yup, will be nice if they go through (well one will if my clain is valid, the other won't even if valid because they are consecutive nights submitted simoultaneously).

thanks for the help
I'm in the Uk so I use this:+18004472981 via skype (us number).
Best of luck.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Hi guys!

I would need yr help regarding a clarification of the new BRG T&Cs. Well, lets say I have a BRG on the 14th of Sept in LAX. Am I then able to file another BRG for lets say the 17th of Sept in JFK?

The T&Cs say: "If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same seven (7) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored.". So since LAX and JFK is more than 50 miles apart I should be able to file a claim, which, if it meets all other terms of the guarantee, should be a VALID claim, shouldn't it?

Yet then point 14 of the T&Cs say that "Guests are only able to claim one (1) free night per stay at an IHG hotel globally, regardless of location". This point would mean, that only 1 free night is awarded globally within 7 days. But why do they then mention the 50 miles distance clause?

Would be really nice, if somebody could be so kind and clarify how the new T&Cs should be read.

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by flo_147
Hi guys!

I would need yr help regarding a clarification of the new BRG T&Cs. Well, lets say I have a BRG on the 14th of Sept in LAX. Am I then able to file another BRG for lets say the 17th of Sept in JFK?

The T&Cs say: "If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same seven (7) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored.". So since LAX and JFK is more than 50 miles apart I should be able to file a claim, which, if it meets all other terms of the guarantee, should be a VALID claim, shouldn't it?

Yet then point 14 of the T&Cs say that "Guests are only able to claim one (1) free night per stay at an IHG hotel globally, regardless of location". This point would mean, that only 1 free night is awarded globally within 7 days. But why do they then mention the 50 miles distance clause?

Would be really nice, if somebody could be so kind and clarify how the new T&Cs should be read.

Thanks!
Hi ^

you can claim within the 7 days if the hotel is outside the 50 miles of the first hotel booked. You cant book within those raidus for another 7 days from check out*

Oh looks like they revised it again dated : 01/08/13 to state that so looks like only one every 7 days now..

EDIT: I called because I just had to know ! :P , she said you can claim outside the 50 mile radius as previously thought within the 7 days.

Last edited by mitpat474; Aug 16, 2013 at 4:50 pm
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flo_147
Hi guys!

Thanks!
Why not do what we have to do, ask IHG, it doesn't take long!

Why should mitpat74 have to contact and ask on your behalf.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 2:02 am

Programs: IC RA
Great Experience

Phoned through a claim on Monday for CP City London. 15 minutes on phone and claim approved, got the email from the agent 5 minutes later, on Wednesday received follow on email confirming everything, as it was an AP rate money was taken from my account, just checked and refund already cleared.

Why cant it always be like this

BTW stay not until December
Old Aug 17, 2013, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by torcross
Phoned through a claim on Monday for CP City London. ..r
Which other site did you claim against?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Any recommended booking sites to compare?
Hope someone can PM me if any idea.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:19 am

I received a confirmation for my first prepaid rate outlining the cancellation terms :

"We are pleased to confirm your FREE NIGHT for the above stay.

Please be informed that the Free Night is subject to the hotel’s regular cancellation policy as described below:

Canceling your reservation before 4:00 PM (local hotel time) on Monday, 30 December, 2013 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 4:00 PM (local hotel time) on 30 December, 2013, or failing to show, will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation

It also states the same cancellation policy on the updated reservation courtesy of the mobile page, so therefore my prepaid rate has now changed to a flex rate via brg.

Anybody else experienced this?

EDIT: 2 other prepaid brgs have just changed rate to comp, and are also showing as best flexs! how strange

Last edited by mitpat474; Aug 19, 2013 at 7:19 am
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I received a confirmation for my first prepaid rate outlining the cancellation terms :

"We are pleased to confirm your FREE NIGHT for the above stay.

Please be informed that the Free Night is subject to the hotel’s regular cancellation policy as described below:

Canceling your reservation before 4:00 PM (local hotel time) on Monday, 30 December, 2013 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 4:00 PM (local hotel time) on 30 December, 2013, or failing to show, will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation

It also states the same cancellation policy on the updated reservation courtesy of the mobile page, so therefore my prepaid rate has now changed to a flex rate via brg.

Anybody else experienced this?
In theory an ADR rate BRG'd room, would be charged if you do not turn up for it, or if you cancel room, as after all you are still on same reservation t+c's, you just no longer need pay the hotel for the stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.