Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by tangey
You are only prohibited from booking another BRG within 7 days of an existing BRG if that hotel is within 50 miles of the first hotel. You could in theory BRG every night of the year, provided each night's stay was more than 50 miles from the previous night.
Plus 50 miles away from your home address
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:23 am

Cancellation Question

Hello,

I currently have a couple of approved BRG's, however my trip plans have changed. I believe I have found a valid replacement, however I have an issue with the new 7 days within 50 mile rule. The new date would be within the 7 days. My question is this, if I cancel my originally approved BRG do you think they will deny my claim? For example let's say I have a BRG approved for November 28th and I now need December 1st. If I cancel the Nov 28th reservation before making the new claim for Dec 1 would you think it would be approved? Or would this be denied since they would see it as a BRG approved within the 7 day window even though it was cancelled? Thanks a lot for thoughts anyone may have.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by tringer2103
Hello,

I currently have a couple of approved BRG's, however my trip plans have changed. I believe I have found a valid replacement, however I have an issue with the new 7 days within 50 mile rule. The new date would be within the 7 days. My question is this, if I cancel my originally approved BRG do you think they will deny my claim? For example let's say I have a BRG approved for November 28th and I now need December 1st. If I cancel the Nov 28th reservation before making the new claim for Dec 1 would you think it would be approved? Or would this be denied since they would see it as a BRG approved within the 7 day window even though it was cancelled? Thanks a lot for thoughts anyone may have.
Is the "nov 28th within 50 miles"? if so then yes they can deny it
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:20 am

I filed a BRG claim and got this response more than a week ago. I haven't heard back from them since, my stay is tomorrow.

We have verified a lower rate on the competing website. In line with this, we are working on the best way to adjust your reservation to a FREE night stay. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via e-mail once this has been confirmed.

Is this how it usually works?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by sktnyc
I filed a BRG claim and got this response more than a week ago. I haven't heard back from them since, my stay is tomorrow.

We have verified a lower rate on the competing website. In line with this, we are working on the best way to adjust your reservation to a FREE night stay. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via e-mail once this has been confirmed.

Is this how it usually works?
Yes it should be comped, have you checked whether it has been changed to house comp using pc mobile page? - http://m.ihg.com/hotels/ihg/us/en/home

If it hasn't give them a call and query it , worst case you will have to pay and be reimbursed.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:47 am

I don't see anything about house comp. I still see the daily average rate.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by sktnyc
I don't see anything about house comp. I still see the daily average rate.
It doesn't mean its not been comped yet , however you can always call brg line and ask before you go.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:59 am

Ok, thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Yes it should be comped, have you checked whether it has been changed to house comp using pc mobile page? - http://m.ihg.com/hotels/ihg/us/en/home

If it hasn't give them a call and query it , worst case you will have to pay and be reimbursed.
It doesn't always show either on the mobile page, as confirmed with a call with BRG they call it a "system limitation". I've seen this happen specially on my multi-night stays that qualified, I guess they just average the nights with the 1st night as zero instead of showing the nightly rate.

The way they explained it is that the system used for checking reservations online is not the same as the system all the hotels use, some hotels may use a system not compatible with online viewing. I don't know if that's an excuse or not but as long as they confirm its been adjusted than its ok, and agreed worst thing is you would get reimbursed which shouldn't be a problem because the intent of the program is for those who really can afford to book the room and had every intention of paying but found a lower rate and wanted to try and get the rate lowered/comped.

Somewhat related side note, I've read some post here that read: OMG my reservation hasn't been adjusted its been 48 hours... and btw my arrival is next year around June-ish haha just chill and call or e-mail to follow up.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
No, don't call. Unless your stay is within 3-4 days, don't call. Agents have explicitly told me that it's approved, don't worry, it's being followed up on.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 2:23 am

Could anyone tell me what websites to find prices to compare hotels in Kansas City on for use in the Best Price Guarantee scheme ,I live in the UK and cant find anything I can use on our sites.
Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:22 pm

Ok, found a hotel on IHG named '1 KING BED EXECUTIVE NONSMOKING', non refundable rate.. then found a lower rate on onhotels, nearly 40$ cheaper, the room description only says 'double executive'.
The IHG executive room is the lowest priced executive room on the site, and the executive double is the only one offered on onhotels
Would this qualify?
If it somehow does not qualify, could I change my rate to Best Flexible and then cancel in the future?
Thanks for help!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Hmm not sure I like this one : "Claims for hotels within fifty (50) miles of your home address are not eligible for the Guarantee"
Wow, got mine in just in time!

I really don't see why this new condition was necessary...
Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by radialjoe
could I change my rate to Best Flexible and then cancel in the future?
Thanks for help!
No, as the rate is non-refundable [and non-changeable].
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by radialjoe
Ok, found a hotel on IHG named '1 KING BED EXECUTIVE NONSMOKING', non refundable rate.. then found a lower rate on onhotels, nearly 40$ cheaper, the room description only says 'double executive'.
The IHG executive room is the lowest priced executive room on the site, and the executive double is the only one offered on onhotels
Would this qualify?
If it somehow does not qualify, could I change my rate to Best Flexible and then cancel in the future?
Thanks for help!
King bed vs double bed = same thing , I've done it a few times you should be ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.