Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by torcross
I have what looks a valid BRG claim, the only difference is that on the IHG website it is a pre paid rate while the site I'm looking at has tiered system so it is full refund if cancelled 30 days before arrival, £30 charge within 15 days and loss of money if cancelled with 15 days.

As I read it those terms are better than IHG therefore it should be eligible for BRG.

Advice please, have I read the T&C'S of BRG correctly
You should be ok, but if for whatever reason they turn you down, then you are stuck with the reservation.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
+1. I don't pay $ to stay at IHGs, I only do points stays. Marriott is much better - they are more honest and do the right thing ^

I think it's absolutely unprofessional that they have to verify via several browsers, as long as one works, what's the problem?

I don't have any success with BRG over the phone. What I do is always the online form. I know some posters had the exact opposite experience, but this is what works for me.

Did you book prepaid rate?
Sorry i was away for several weeks. The paid was not prepaid but cad to us fx fee takes into account.
Yesh i have confirmed with the BRG reps over the phone that they used several browsers, so that means they try their hardest to deny your claims. Thanks for the info though
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:32 pm

Anybody notice that things as far as websites go have tightened up considerably? I used to be able to do this pretty easily, but as of late, the good old websites don't seem to be working.

Anybody have any hints for any room in the Washington DC (including NoVA and the two airports) the 15th-16th? So like in 3 days...I'd gladly reciprocate on a stay you need...
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:54 am
GmK

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Remember
Anybody notice that things as far as websites go have tightened up considerably? I used to be able to do this pretty easily, but as of late, the good old websites don't seem to be working.
Well, that's the whole idea of why we have this guarantee, isn't it?

But yes, their strategy of using us to work for them is slowly paying off. I just wonder what will happen once they killed off every other booking page there is - will a few hundred great Phillipino people be laid off in an instant?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Remember
Anybody notice that things as far as websites go have tightened up considerably? I used to be able to do this pretty easily, but as of late, the good old websites don't seem to be working...
You are quite right; it seems IHG has put tightened screws on the OTAs to maintain rate parity.

I very much hope the British or European competition authorities will come down on IHG with a ton of bricks for this abuse of competition rules.

In any case, enforcing rate parity and devaluing the awards program will only result in more business for its competitors, not IHG
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Until IHG have some reason to review your account within brg team. Then any such points are retrospectively removed. I wouldn't spend them just in case.
In fact, just the opposite. Spend them as fast as you can. Then, if IHG or its slaves in the Philippines are tempted to remove your points, they will be left with nothing to remove
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:26 am

I have a question regarding the "New IHG Best Rate Guarantee" Wiki entry.

Point 2: The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels

Where is this statement coming from?

I'm just wondering as based on my understanding what the IHG Terms and Conditions concerns must the cancellation terms be equal (only).
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by hangloose

Point 2: The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels

I'm just wondering as based on my understanding what the IHG Terms and Conditions concerns must the cancellation terms be equal (only).
Has anybody had any experience with the their terms being better than IHG and having a successful claim?

I have only had 4 advanced claims since, I haven't experienced any difference in service - some of the rooms even had slight variances in room names and it wasn't an issue.

Last edited by mitpat474; Aug 14, 2013 at 6:43 am
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hangloose

From the previous T&C - anyway it doesn't matter, you are in a much better position if you find rate that has a better cancellation terms than IHG.com.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:08 am
GmK

Programs: A few
A few pages back we discussed how (after the old rules)

Night 1, BRG Hotel AAA
Night 2, Points/Cash Hotel AAA or BBB
Night 3, BRG Hotel BBB

is ok (all in the same city) and was confirmed by the BRG desk to be valid.

But how about

Original Booking and approved BRGs under old T&C:

Night 1, BRG Hotel AAA
Night 3, BRG Hotel AAA

adding a

Night 1, BRG Hotel AAA
Night 2, Points Stay Hotel AAA
Night 3, BRG Hotel AAA

night inbetween the two BRG stays at the same hotel.

The email I got from the BRG desk just now states:

"Regarding your question, if you will book a reservation for [night inbetween the two BRG nights] using your points, it would not affect the guarantee extended to you, because that is a new reservation that is made of using points."

I am slightly doubtful of that, as the hotel upon receiving the booking for Night 2 might just combine all three bookings into ONE stay - and upon that the BRG is certainly invalidated, since two free nights in one stay aren't possible?

How would you proceed? Book Night 2 with points and contact the hotel, that they should not combine the three bookings into one to keep the BRG valid? Or should I refer to the BRG email that clearly states it won't be a problem?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GmK
The email I got from the BRG desk just now states:

"Regarding your question, if you will book a reservation for [night inbetween the two BRG nights] using your points, it would not affect the guarantee extended to you, because that is a new reservation that is made of using points."

I am slightly doubtful of that, as the hotel upon receiving the booking for Night 2 might just combine all three bookings into ONE stay - and upon that the BRG is certainly invalidated, since two free nights in one stay aren't possible?

How would you proceed? Book Night 2 with points and contact the hotel, that they should not combine the three bookings into one to keep the BRG valid? Or should I refer to the BRG email that clearly states it won't be a problem?
If I were you I will not mention anything at all. Definitely not before - as BRG people can revoke your claim at any time. Check-in as usual, if the hotel volunteers to combine your reservations, then you can say 'sure'. Keep low profile then you should be fine.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
?

It's been 4 days since I submitted my BRG claim...I keep getting "we're working on it". Anyone experiencing this?? Aren't they supposed to respond in 3 business days? I remember seeing that (I think) but I don't know where.....
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by redreeper
It's been 4 days since I submitted my BRG claim...I keep getting "we're working on it". Anyone experiencing this?? Aren't they supposed to respond in 3 business days? I remember seeing that (I think) but I don't know where.....
I have had "working on it" for weeks, maybe contacting the OTA to confirm something?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I have had "working on it" for weeks, maybe contacting the OTA to confirm something?
weeks - wow. would you mind clarifying OTA? It's been a long day and it's probably obvious.

This is an IC BRG, high dollar. My cheap crappy rooms in places no one wants to visit get approved almost instantaneously.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by redreeper
weeks - wow. would you mind clarifying OTA? It's been a long day and it's probably obvious.

This is an IC BRG, high dollar. My cheap crappy rooms in places no one wants to visit get approved almost instantaneously.
3rd party web site, the one you are comparing to sorry, the rate shouldn't make too much difference to your claim to be honest, I done a prepaid £630 IC suite yday in around 20 mins. I was a bit nervous doing it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.