Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
I emailed them on a reimbursement issue, and they replied within 40 hours, usually this response time lines up with BRG form responses. Therefore I think 60-70 hrs is probably not the case at the moment.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:10 am

Just had a reply in under 30 hours, so seems to be getting a little better

Also had a reply in relation to another within 7 hours!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, IHG
For a particular IHG hotel, some rooms are displaying rates with Advance Purchase, but one of them did not have an Advance Purchase rate -- that room's lowest rate is a Best Flexible Rate.

When I tried to match this particular room's Best Flexible Rate with another site that has a lower rate (also refundable but slightly more restrictive cancellation policy), I got rejected. Since the lowest rate is a Best Flexible Rate and not AP, is my claim within the bounds of their terms and conditions? Particularly this clause: "At all IHG hotels globally, pre-paid rates on non-IHG sites will be compared with the IHG hotel's lowest available rate on IHG websites."

Just wondering, thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Just had a reply in under 30 hours, so seems to be getting a little better
same here.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:55 am

22 hours for me. Seems to be back to normal.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
22 hours for me. Seems to be back to normal.
! 7 hours and ill be happy
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:30 am

first BRG for IHG on Crowne Plaza LAX. response within 18 hours but got a rejection
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Unhappy

IHG has the worst BRG program! It will end up costing them their customers that added with poor customer service...

I started this year an eager IHG customer and now am ending that relationship

BRG denied, they took 48hrs to review
Compared their own rate to another website NOT the website I claimed!
Finally agknowleged their mistake, but still will NOT honor BRG!

Thats life but not good business, now they get 80€ and lose 700€
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kauppias
IHG has the worst BRG program! It will end up costing them their customers that added with poor customer service...

I started this year an eager IHG customer and now am ending that relationship

BRG denied, they took 48hrs to review
Compared their own rate to another website NOT the website I claimed!
Finally agknowleged their mistake, but still will NOT honor BRG!

Thats life but not good business, now they get 80€ and lose 700€
Worst BRG??? Only other chain that offers free nights is Choice, others will give a discount off of the lower rate. So far I have four for four successes and a fifth which has been dragging on for 4 weeks. For one or two night stays this is the best BRG.

Do not judge a chain or hotel solely by its BRG program.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by tobegold
Worst BRG??? Only other chain that offers free nights is Choice, others will give a discount off of the lower rate. So far I have four for four successes and a fifth which has been dragging on for 4 weeks. For one or two night stays this is the best BRG.

Do not judge a chain or hotel solely by its BRG program.
The worst seevice from a BRG program, is that better? They do not follow theor own rules, they take too long to process them resulting in false denials! They just do not provide a good BRG in MY opinion, obviosly YMMV!

I judge them on their service level or lack there of.

I would rather take a HONEST STRAIGHT FORWARD BRG over thos joke that IHG offers.

If this works for you that they take 4 weeks to process your brg then great, for me it does not work so I switched stays to other chains. Thats good for everyone

Carlson offers no hassle -25% great SPG offers 2000points or -10% also no hassle I would rather take these consistantly over denied BRG due to IHG mistakes...
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:24 am

need a little help

hey guys. first off. i'm a new member but ive been lurking on this forum for a couple of months, and the knowledge ive gained here has been immense and i thank all of you.

i recently submitted a brg claim for the holiday inn midtown 57st in new york i was pretty confident i met all the tenets of the brg program but i was a bit confused with the following rejection letter:

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Best Price Guarantee regarding your reservation at Holiday Inn New York City-Midtown-57th St. .

We have verified the website www.hoteltravel.com. Unfortunately, we will not be able to extend the guarantee to your reservation because the cancellation terms on the competing website is more restrictive than on your reservation. After further verification of the competing website, the timezone used on hoteltravel is GMT +7 which is when converted to US/Eastern time to match the time of the hotel, it is therefore more restrictive. Before 26th November is 11:59 PM on November 25 (GMT +7).

Therefore, 11:59:00 p.m. Tuesday November 25, 2014 in GMT+7 converts to 11:59:00 a.m. Tuesday November 25, 2014 in US/Eastern. Cancellation on your reservation is before 6:00 P.M. (local hotel time) on Tuesday, 25 November, 2014, hence, the hoteltravel cancellation term is more restrictive than IHG's. Please note that time and date of cancellation is also being compared.

As per terms and conditions:

Matching Terms. All terms of the comparison room reservation, including, but not limited to pre-payment, deposit, number of guests, or other requirements must be equal in all respects to the terms found on an IHG website for your claim to be valid. For example, when you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty on an IHG website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-IHG website. At all IHG hotels globally, pre-paid rates on non-IHG sites will be compared with the IHG hotel's lowest available rate on IHG websites. The Guarantee is not available for bookings on websites where the booking details are unknown until after purchase. Sites that do not reveal the hotel brand name until after the payment has been completed (including bidding sites) do not qualify for this Guarantee.

We apologize for the result of this verification and we appreciate your interest in filing for Best Price Guarantee.

Should you have further questions regarding the terms and conditions of the guarantee you may visit www.ihg.com/bestprice or access the link below:
http://www.ihg.com/ihg/rewards/us/en...rms-conditions

If you have questions or concerns please let us know.

Best Regards,

Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk
InterContinental Hotels Group

what makes this more confusing that i have 2 recent and previous successful claims for the same hotel. in your opinion is this a viable reason for denial? has anyone been denied for similar reasons? thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by smoooth225
what makes this more confusing that i have 2 recent and previous successful claims for the same hotel. in your opinion is this a viable reason for denial? has anyone been denied for similar reasons? thanks!
Be careful, don't keep filing claims for a particular hotel, they may flag your account and eventually lead to account termination.

I would just let it go if I were you.

Last edited by nacho; Jun 21, 2014 at 3:15 pm
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:08 am

you know what nacho? that sounds like good advice. thanks
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Is the cheque in the mail option no longer available?
The stay is 2+ months away. I have no problem paying and getting reimbursed later, but this seems a rather ancient method (and costly to them)

Greetings from IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk. Please accept our apologies, but due to some technical difficulty, we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night ....

In order to fulfill the BPG promise of providing the first night free for reservation, we can reimburse the amount you paid through a funds transfer. This option would take 4 - 6 weeks to complete after the stay and please contact us after your stay at the hotel to provide us your bank details to complete the transaction.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Is the cheque in the mail option no longer available?
The stay is 2+ months away. I have no problem paying and getting reimbursed later, but this seems a rather ancient method (and costly to them)
Unfortunately, it will be costly to you

They always reimburse less than what you paid, especially if in different currency from your bank account...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.