Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:26 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Seriously?

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
I usually provide them more than one comparison website. They are doing well this week, got my IC Lisbon, IC Porto, CP Porto, IC Budapest and IC Lass Vegas approved in 24 hours=)
WOW, you must have a magic wand from Oleanders.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
I usually provide them more than one comparison website. They are doing well this week, got my IC Lisbon, IC Porto, CP Porto, IC Budapest and IC Lass Vegas approved in 24 hours=)
haha careful you don't end up on the "cancelled my account" thread
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:30 am

I havent had any luck with the BRG claims, its either been bogus reasons or delayed until the competing price is gone. I just found a deal on another site where the price and cancellation policy was better... submitted, lets see what they come back with (and when!).
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
haha careful you don't end up on the "cancelled my account" thread
No worry, my account doesn't have much points=)
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:18 am

Currency Question, Again!

I am working on my very first BRG claim. After reading the T&C and many posts previously, I understand that IHG only accept lower price claim from 3rd party whose billing currency (not just display currency) is identical to IHG's billing currency. But what I don't understand is that from here and there I read:
"IHG uses OANDA currency converter when verifying currency differences..."
What's the point for them to use a converter? We have to submit a final price in the same currency. It's an apple-to-apple comparison, where is that conversion coming from?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:51 am

I'm also just filed my first Lowest price guaranteed claim. Booked a non-refundable standard queen room at IC SF this afternoon, and saw that tripadvisor lists priceline has a lower rate. I went through the booking form and saw the exact same non-refundable standard queen for $4 less. Both site offers non-refundable rate, both are standard queen. I don't expect them to approve it since I read so much bad press about their claim process on this thread, just wanted to see if they will truly honor their guarantee. I saved the screenshot of the room detail from priceline and their t&c. I'm just curiously what excuse will the rep give me to deny the claim.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Has anybody done a BRG for the properties in Vegas? Wondering if they comp the room or is a check reimbursement the norm? I've had one approved at the Venetian/Palazzo, but no confirmation of zero'ing out the rate yet.
I said up thread that I would report back my BRG experience on this property.

I had a complicated 4 bookings/5nights reservations. 1 night BRG. 2 Nights via 3rd party with breakie. 1 night via paid IHG. 1 reward night.

When I asked about how the BRG would be handled, he had to go away and check, but came back and immediately refunded the pre-paid amount back to my CC, which hit the CC a few days later (made about 15 due to currency changes). Due to time-taken in sorting the whole resevation out, the guy was kind enough to give me 5 nights in-room breakfast when I should have only had 2. The reservations still kicked in individually, as I ended up getting 3 differently fruit basket amenities.

Resort fee was charged on all nights, including the BRG, even though the resort fee was included in the competing rate. Given the extra breakie ( and that we were upgraded to fortuna suite for all 5 nights, when I only booked 1 night), I didn't bother to chase it.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:43 pm

IC Madrid, March
approved BRG

Last edited by temo; Nov 26, 2014 at 6:22 am Reason: Correction
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by temo
IC Madrid, March
Use amoma.com to compare rates.
approved BRG
how long is it taking to approve now? 20ish hours? ^
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:13 am

It was 20 hours on Sunday/Monday. Yesterday was about 34 hours.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
how long is it taking to approve now? 20ish hours? ^
Over 24 hours for me this last time.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:04 pm

I have a BRG for athens and prague approved. Both are for two people and both have the rate "adjusted". However the new rate is 24euro and 27euro showing on the mobile site. Am I obliged to pay extra person charges (I believe some hotels in europe charge extra for the second person) or am I correct in thinking the whole room should be comped? Anyone had this before?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:09 am

Just had a claim approved in 25hrs! good to see some normality in response times...
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Gold
Just did my first IHG BRG claim, I got shot down the first time b/c the rate was gone by the time they checked. Luckily, the reply came less than 24 hours after my reservation and I submitted another better rate. This time the claim was approved.

But it came with this curious language: "We are working on the best way to adjust your reservation to a FREE night stay. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via e-mail when this has been confirmed.” Is this typical? I’m used to Marriott’s LNF process where the rate is adjusted when approved. How long does it usually take IHG to adjust the reservation? Just curious b/c my stay in in three days.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:19 pm

first timer

before i submit a claim, if it's just a one night stay, does that mean that stay will essentially be free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.