Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Originally Posted by DavePL
Hi I have a question.
I booked 2 days in ihg hotel for 98euro +20euro for second person in room(room is for 2 people but i have to pay it anyway) so the sum is 118euro
On hotels.com i found the same room the same days for 105euros
but no mention for extra pay for 2 peoples, I;m sure it's included cause room is for 2 people, but what IHG will think about it ? will they reject my claim because there is no mentioned on hotels.com site about second person fee? off course it's included in hotels.com price.
I'm super curious to hear if you had any success with a BRG claim in this situation - the full terms on IHG.com say that the guarantee doesn't apply to fees, though it sure feels like mandatory fees that come up when you enter the correct number of guests in the booking engine should be covered. I'm thinking about booking a couple of cheap rates in Turkey (CP Antalya and CP Viaport Istanbul-Asia) to round out my Set Your Sights offer and in the fine print for both on IHG.com they insist that there is a 15 or 20 euro surcharge for the second adult that doesn't appear on any other booking site. It feels so bizarre that these properties are putting such a large surcharge over the base rate for IHG direct bookings when they'll allow 2 adults for 35 euros total on Expedia, my only theory (and it's admittedly a crazy one) is that the CP franchise holder in Turkey is trying to disincentive IHG elites from booking since they don't like recognizing status and/or are tired of getting bad feedback from us on the IHG website...

We'll probably stay at IHG hotels on the European side of Istanbul to get about the same rates and avoid the surcharge, but it still feels like a violation of at least the spirit of the BRG...
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Trying to get HI LAX approved for 1/18 (one night). $105 on the site, $89.25 on Booking.com. Did book on Booking just in case. Fingers crossed - will post once I hear back.
Success! After tweeting and e-mailing the promo admins directly, they finally verified Booking.com's rate and gave me the free night. Now they are "trying to figure out how to reimburse me" to which I replied: "Just send me a check." How do they usually do it?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
That means changing current booking details, not purchasing extras, or registering for nor1 upsells
Here is the response I got from the BRG desk when I asked whether upgrading at check in would affect the validity of my claim (I did not specifically want to mention eStandby upgrade to them, because they might then notify the hotel to ensure that the upgrade happens and then use that to deny reimbursement):

Thank you for the response. Please be advised that as stated on the previous e-mail, no changes should be made on the reservation. Upgrading the room changes the room category to a higher level with a higher rate that is not comparable to the lower rate found on the third party site.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Here is the response I got from the BRG desk when I asked whether upgrading at check in would affect the validity of my claim (I did not specifically want to mention eStandby upgrade to them, because they might then notify the hotel to ensure that the upgrade happens and then use that to deny reimbursement):
I wouldn't risk it if this is a prepaid rate as it does in theory at least change the room type booked, if however the rate has been house comped then paying for upgrade is no problem. I have done it a lot.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
It's prepaid ($490, already charged), they said they were unable to change the rate so that's why they're going to mail a check

I don't think I was going to "risk it" in the first place - my concern is that the upgrade will happen automatically and I'll be powerless to decline it. At the same time, I don't want to cancel the upgrade request, because that action itself could be considered a "change."
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:39 pm

Judging by my BRG experience, you will be denied a valid claim, as the second adult charge is considered a surcharge not covered by the guarantee. it is just one of the ways for hotels to cover theirs backs!

Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
I'm super curious to hear if you had any success with a BRG claim in this situation - the full terms on IHG.com say that the guarantee doesn't apply to fees, though it sure feels like mandatory fees that come up when you enter the correct number of guests in the booking engine should be covered. I'm thinking about booking a couple of cheap rates in Turkey (CP Antalya and CP Viaport Istanbul-Asia) to round out my Set Your Sights offer and in the fine print for both on IHG.com they insist that there is a 15 or 20 euro surcharge for the second adult that doesn't appear on any other booking site. It feels so bizarre that these properties are putting such a large surcharge over the base rate for IHG direct bookings when they'll allow 2 adults for 35 euros total on Expedia, my only theory (and it's admittedly a crazy one) is that the CP franchise holder in Turkey is trying to disincentive IHG elites from booking since they don't like recognizing status and/or are tired of getting bad feedback from us on the IHG website...

We'll probably stay at IHG hotels on the European side of Istanbul to get about the same rates and avoid the surcharge, but it still feels like a violation of at least the spirit of the BRG...
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:14 am

Seems that one of the best .com websites for IHG claims disappeared. No IHG hotels bookable anymore.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by 31570324
Seems that one of the best .com websites for IHG claims disappeared. No IHG hotels bookable anymore.
You win some you lose some?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: IHG
Interesting email from IC Moscow concerning my approved BRG.

Dear Mr. *****

Thank you for contacting our global Guest Relations office regarding your reservation for 19/03-20/03.

We contact you directly to say that we really appreciate your help with finding wrong rates on *********
We would like to inform you that we are already in process to close out this unfair online travel agency from our system.

As our gratitude we would like to make your reservation number ******** complimentary.

Please let us know if you would like us to assist you with other travel arrangements,

Kind regards,
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by turner32
Interesting email from IC Moscow concerning my approved BRG.

Dear Mr. *****

Thank you for contacting our global Guest Relations office regarding your reservation for 19/03-20/03.

We contact you directly to say that we really appreciate your help with finding wrong rates on *********
We would like to inform you that we are already in process to close out this unfair online travel agency from our system.

As our gratitude we would like to make your reservation number ******** complimentary.

Please let us know if you would like us to assist you with other travel arrangements,

Kind regards,
kind of coincides what another mentioned having spoke to a GM about OTAs undercutting IHG
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:42 pm

Last edited by Quasi27; Jan 23, 2015 at 8:37 pm Reason: test
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:18 pm

quick question as I am about to book an IHG in London - currently there is a booking well below the price on the IHG website on several other websites. Can I book the cancelable rate at 10 GBP higher than the non-refundable in case the BRG is denied for whatever reason? Or do I have to book the lowest rate available (i.e. the non-refundable) and take the risk of getting denied without a way to cancel?

Reason I am cautious is that another hotel has a lower rate without the opportunity for a BRG offer.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, F9 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Has anyone had luck with getaroom lately?

There was a point at which they appeared to be blocking Phillippine IP address from viewing IHG properties; but I just tried with a proxy out in the Philippines and received the same Holiday Inn property I was looking for. Maybe they stopped this shady practice?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by jdido09
quick question as I am about to book an IHG in London - currently there is a booking well below the price on the IHG website on several other websites. Can I book the cancelable rate at 10 GBP higher than the non-refundable in case the BRG is denied for whatever reason? Or do I have to book the lowest rate available (i.e. the non-refundable) and take the risk of getting denied without a way to cancel?

Reason I am cautious is that another hotel has a lower rate without the opportunity for a BRG offer.
if you book the best flex it has to match the cancellation terms
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:01 pm

Do I have to book the lowest rate (prepaid non-refundable) to qualify or do the terms just need to match? I rather book the room that can be cancelled since my plans could change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.