Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
That Japanese IHG/IC/ANA site only affects rates for Japan IC's, not rest-of-the-world IC hotels, or non-IC brands.
Well, guess what? I want to make a claim against a Japanese IHG hotel, hence need to check that Japanese site.

So if you, or anyone else, knows the URL, please let me have it.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:33 pm

Whats' everybody's experience with the response time as of recently? I've submitted a claim on Friday night, but have yet to hear back...its almost pushing 48 hours here. Just last week, the turn around was about a day.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Well see above for mine - they denied receiving either of the ones I sent two weeks ago (despite website confirmations). I'd try making a new reservation and resubmitting during the week if the rate is still on offer - failing that refer to the Exec Complaints Team.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Whats' everybody's experience with the response time as of recently? I've submitted a claim on Friday night, but have yet to hear back...its almost pushing 48 hours here. Just last week, the turn around was about a day.
I am not sure if the BRG team have a method to identify and process reservation/BRG claims for imminent staya as a priority in less than a time, versus reservations seveal weeks or months out or if processed strictly in the order claims created online.

I find the wait very frustrating, stretching to a week, and OTA rates dissapearing first, but I would be staying in same hotel, at same rate, whether or not I get a BRG accepted, so not a big issue for me right now.

I am not troubled by the extra $4 OTA saves me over booking direct on a $200 room rate, and I never find any really significant saving that would make me want to book with OTA in first place.

I have noted IHG corporate recently amended BRG t+c's to exclude claims withinf 24hours of a stay, which is probably best thing now we can no longer phobne in our BRGs
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I used Brg's at both IC in Tokyo without any issues a while ago as a RA and breakfast was very happy with it .
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:48 am

Is it possible to match a best flexible IHG rate to a best flexible 3rd party rate available only to locals that present ID?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Shimon
Is it possible to match a best flexible IHG rate to a best flexible 3rd party rate available only to locals that present ID?
Not unless the agent misses it. I tried it with a GCC rate (Gulf), unintentionally (I didn't read the rate description properly) and was denied.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:50 am

could someone please PM me some websites that I can use for Egypt/Jordan BRG? TIA
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:16 am

Multiple BRG claims for the same hotel / night

Is it allowed to make more than one claim for the same hotel / night? For instance, the first claim gets denied and then I cancel the booking with IHG. Am I allowed to book the same hotel / night a few days later and claim again?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by TinDrum
Is it allowed to make more than one claim for the same hotel / night? For instance, the first claim gets denied and then I cancel the booking with IHG. Am I allowed to book the same hotel / night a few days later and claim again?
of course you can
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TinDrum
You can even put multiple OTA BRG claims in against same res ~number upfront, why wait to be denied and have to cancel/rebook the IHG room to submit the further claims (wand for hich OTAs beter rates may no longer exist if unlucky by time u resub)
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:41 am

Filed in a claim 1 week before my stay in IC Dus. Phoned in, sent out 4 emails and finally - just a few days ago, which was over a week after my stay - a response. Stataing I should have filed the claim before my stay....
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by scubaccr
You can even put multiple OTA BRG claims in against same res ~number upfront, why wait to be denied and have to cancel/rebook the IHG room to submit the further claims (wand for hich OTAs beter rates may no longer exist if unlucky by time u resub)
Exactly what I have been doing for months, 1 out of 3 usually does the trick.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Filed in a claim 1 week before my stay in IC Dus. Phoned in, sent out 4 emails and finally - just a few days ago, which was over a week after my stay - a response. Stataing I should have filed the claim before my stay....

I also filed a claim (online form & e-mail) for an upcoming stay in ID Dus, took three days before I received a reply. Unlike other valid BPG-claims this confirmation didn't explicitly mention "free night".

Instead it said: "We contacted the hotel and requested your reservation be adjusted to complimentary night stay with breakfast. We appreciate your patience and contact you via email when this has been confirmed."

I'm aware that the IC Dus rarely adjusts the rate, but prefers to have the total cost refunded after the stay, which is fine by me. But, I do worry that this email without mentioning an explicit free night will be enough for my credit card issuer to refund the money if IHG doesn't. Anyone has experience with a situation like this?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
But your credit card issuer wouldn't be issuing a refund - in these circ AIUI IHG centrally send out the payment. Also it says a complimentary night stay, which means free! Well done on the successful BRG ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.