Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:18 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador, Delta Sky Club (Lifetime), OneWorld Emerald, Etihad Guest Gold, Club Accor Plat
InterContinental CityStars Cairo, Egypt

Made a BPG claim against InterContinental Citystars in Cairo, Egypt, rate Bed/Breakfast USD 187+24%, as I found a rate B/B USD 153 (incl.taxes). Phoned in, and after a 15 minute wait, my claim was approved. Hotel not only honoured free booking for my one night stay, but also granted me my Royal Ambassador privileges including: Free minibar, Free buffet breakfast, free lounge access and upgrade to Diplomatic suite. As if this was not enough, I selected a 2000 points credit in lieu of an Ambassador gift!!

Last edited by HazemHussein; Jul 15, 2013 at 12:19 am
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by HazemHussein
BRG claim against InterContinental Citystars in Cairo, Egypt, rate on Bed/Breakfast USD 187+24%, found rate 153 (incl.taxes). Phoned in, and after a 15 minute wait, my claim was approved. Hotel not only honoured free booking, but also granted me my Royal Ambassador privileges including: Free minibar, Free buffet breakfast, free lounge access and upgrade to Diplomatic suite. As if this was not enough, I selected a 2000 points credit in lieu of an Ambassador gift!!
Very nice and enjoy , but don't feel like you should be treated any different to a paid stay - this isn't a rewards night, you're entitled to RA benefits.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
I found a lower rate on easyclicktravel for a HI Buena Park stay on Aug 18-19. Two rooms one night. Easy click rate for a standard room 90.91 HI rate 109.00. I know that I can only get one room for free, but my problem is not that. It is that HI cannot replicate this rate. I clearly see the rate and can book it online, but they can only see where rooms are available but cannot be booked online. This started yesterday (spoke on the phone) and they denied BRG after trying and trying. I called back today and they said the 24 hours had expired. Luckily the rate is still available so I cancelled original and rebooked. However, on the phone they are STILL not able to replicate rate. Does anyone have suggestions?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: All of 'em
If anyone has any tips for a good site to use for the TLV based properties, I'd be appreciative of a pm.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:26 pm
Used to be highman123

logitravel.de has much better rates for European properties usually. But cancellation policy usually involves a small fee (10-20 EUR). Anyone had success with logitravel.de?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:49 pm

well to me $300 + a night is expensive

Originally Posted by lsed
$300 is actually not very expensive. I have had some claims multiple times that which was paid out with no issues.
It is good to know that you were able to get VERY expensive rooms paid out. I'm on a very strict budget so if I got stuck with this rate it would be a big deal to me. Was willing to splurge since anniversary. The fear was not so much the rate but if they would actually issue a check after I already paid for it. Prior to this any approved stay I had was a zero rate so nothing came out of my pocket. First experience shelling out and then getting reimbursed. Happy to say IHG delivered as promised!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 5:53 pm

I got approved for a night in November on an Adv purchase. My credit card hasn't been charged yet but it's since been stolen and therefore will decline. Can I call the hotel/BRG help desk to change to a different credit card in case they charge the original room price? or will that void the free night?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by kaaria
I found a lower rate on easyclicktravel for a HI Buena Park stay on Aug 18-19. Two rooms one night. Easy click rate for a standard room 90.91 HI rate 109.00. I know that I can only get one room for free, but my problem is not that. It is that HI cannot replicate this rate. I clearly see the rate and can book it online, but they can only see where rooms are available but cannot be booked online. This started yesterday (spoke on the phone) and they denied BRG after trying and trying. I called back today and they said the 24 hours had expired. Luckily the rate is still available so I cancelled original and rebooked. However, on the phone they are STILL not able to replicate rate. Does anyone have suggestions?
How are you seeing the lower rate? Are you clicking through a search engine, for example kayak.com? Open a fresh browser, go to easyclicktravel and find out if you can see the lower rate. That's what the agents are trained to do. Sometimes I have had success goading the agent to go through kayak, but it's YMMV
Old Jul 14, 2013, 8:21 pm

How long should I wait before I call to check on status of claim?

Also can I book one night skip next night then book another claim? So claim Monday and then claim a wed at the same hotel?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:27 am

Has anyone had any luck with any SF properties recently? I don't care which property--I've just been looking for early September, and continually I find nothing.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011

Also can I book one night skip next night then book another claim? So claim Monday and then claim a wed at the same hotel?
what status are you checking? has it already been approved? and yes non consecutive nights are fine.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

Yes you can ... but only if you do not stay in the hotel on the middle Tuesday night, whether paid, on points, as guest on another names/persons booking.

BRG'd hotels management will be fully aware you BRG'd 2 nights with a 1night gap, and could well be keeping an eye out that you do not stay on the Tuesday too.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Yes you can ... but only if you do not stay in the hotel on the middle Tuesday night, whether paid, on points, as guest on another names/persons booking.

BRG'd hotels management will be fully aware you BRG'd 2 nights with a 1night gap, and could well be keeping an eye out that you do not stay on the Tuesday too.
Technically you are not even allowed to BRG two different hotels in the same city with a night apart, and then stay the middle night on points in one or the other, as it would be viewed as consecutive stays within 50 miles.

However if you do the two BRG bookings first, and then slip in a points night booking, it would require positive intervention for it to be picked up.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:35 am

The status of the claim? How long till they come back sayin approved or not?

Also my gf who has a complete different address can book a following night? So I book Monday and she does Tuesday?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:40 am

The status of the claim? How long till they come back sayin approved or not?

Also my gf who has a complete different address can book a following night? So I book Monday and she does Tuesday?
Assuming you sent in a form I think 24hrs is the time frame.. Call and you get a response in under 30 minute usually.

In theory you could do that however, you are liable to be banned if caught. (assuming you will be staying there on the 2nd night too)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.