Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum

My problem is when I have a problem i try to explain it to the customer service, but their English is only trained to understand minimum terms around BPG, outside of that they tend to have No idea what I'm talking about. I tried to tell a joke but they had no idea and continued to ask me to confirm my first name..
Old Jul 6, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by StevieCRock
My problem is when I have a problem i try to explain it to the customer service, but their English is only trained to understand minimum terms around BPG, outside of that they tend to have No idea what I'm talking about. I tried to tell a joke but they had no idea and continued to ask me to confirm my first name..
I disagree I have absolutely no problem and I think they're english is pretty good they usually only have an issue with hearing me but thats due to my laptop.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 5:19 am

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Well I disagree to that, if you are referring to the RA customer service then yes they are better than the rest.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I disagree I have absolutely no problem and I think they're english is pretty good they usually only have an issue with hearing me but thats due to my laptop.
I agree with you mitpat. I never have a problem communicating with the BRG team. Very professional. ^
Old Jul 6, 2013, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I agree with you mitpat. I never have a problem communicating with the BRG team. Very professional. ^
Agreed
Old Jul 6, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.

If IHG is the one that reimburses me, is the property even aware that I am staying on a BRG free night when I am checking in??
Old Jul 7, 2013, 4:50 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by onlysuites
agreed! Just last week, I was in contact with them regarding a suite booking which the hotel team have not changed to a free night. It only took 2-3 hours and everything was settled ^
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:50 am

I like it.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:11 pm

Newbie question...

Started reading posts in this thread and became overwhelmed! Hope this doesn't irritate someone unduly if this is an oft posed question ---

I got lucky my first time out trying to qualify for the IHG guarantee and found one for an upcoming one-night stay. I did everything right (for ONCE in my life I can say that!!!) and was confirmed when I called in to IHG guarantee dept. that my suite (woooohooo for me!) was avail. lower priced elsewhere and I qualify for the one free night thingy.

My question is this... I rec'd an initial email confirmation for my booking. After confirming with IHG I qualify for the free night, I rec'd a 2nd email that says in the subject line "Your Updated Reservation...". The email itself appears identical to the first confirmation email. There is no note regarding it being a free night, reimbursement due after stay or anything.

Is this how it normally happens? lol Don't wanna get messed over. Any input will be very much appreciated!
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by haydevin
Started reading posts in this thread and became overwhelmed! Hope this doesn't irritate someone unduly if this is an oft posed question ---

I got lucky my first time out trying to qualify for the IHG guarantee and found one for an upcoming one-night stay. I did everything right (for ONCE in my life I can say that!!!) and was confirmed when I called in to IHG guarantee dept. that my suite (woooohooo for me!) was avail. lower priced elsewhere and I qualify for the one free night thingy.

My question is this... I rec'd an initial email confirmation for my booking. After confirming with IHG I qualify for the free night, I rec'd a 2nd email that says in the subject line "Your Updated Reservation...". The email itself appears identical to the first confirmation email. There is no note regarding it being a free night, reimbursement due after stay or anything.

Is this how it normally happens? lol Don't wanna get messed over. Any input will be very much appreciated!
Relax enjoy your freebie suite . use the mobile site to check if it has been switched to house comp - £0.01!

http://m.ihg.com/hotels/rewardsclub/us/en/home
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:03 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN
Olotels.com

This was asked before, but not really answered as far as I can tell. Looking at hotel in Vancouver and think I found something but has anyone had success with olotels.com for a Canadian hotel? This would be for AP rate give olotels' cancellation policy. Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by cjwong88
This was asked before, but not really answered as far as I can tell. Looking at hotel in Vancouver and think I found something but has anyone had success with olotels.com for a Canadian hotel? This would be for AP rate give olotels' cancellation policy. Thanks!
Check their billing currency. I think olotels bills in EUR.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Check their billing currency. I think olotels bills in EUR.
I thought and tbh the reason why i never bothered even looking at their rates is , due to them providing a voucher - not instant confirmation?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I thought and tbh the reason why i never bothered even looking at their rates is , due to them providing a voucher - not instant confirmation?
Voucher doesn't necessary mean not instant confirmation.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:02 am

Any experiences on "standard" working against a "classic" for room type descriptions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.