Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:23 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by .flyer
I am Plat but no Amb. However, I'm considering purchasing Amb in order to use the cert at the Palazzo. What are my chances of using the cert considering that my dates are fixed?
What are your dates? I can check for you... FYI you'll need a few weeks AFTER signing up for AMB to receive the packet with your BOGO cert.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:34 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Anybody able to book a Chase IHG free night here yet for 2018? AMB BOGO cert nights and Reward Nights on points all show, just not the Chase night rate.

Only seeing availability through December 2017. Figured I might call the hotel but not sure if they would have any info.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:02 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Just to update, yesterday I booked my June 2018 3-Night Palazzo stay with my AMB BOGO Cert and a Reward Points night on the back end. The Reward night is a placeholder for if and when the Chase Free Nights become available.

I was initially receiving an error online of, "We encountered a system problem while processing your request. Please try again or contact the IHG®Rewards Club Customer Care Center for assistance." After ensuring no charges to my CC or IHG points took place, I tried again later in the day and had no issues with either reservation.

Anyways, I booked a Fortuna Suite at the BOGO rate which should upgrade to a Siena Suite based on the AMB terms as a Spire AMB. I haven't called to link the two reservations yet, but hoping they will extend my room stay to the free/reward night as well rather than making me move. Any recent data points on this situation?

I'm very much looking forward to my second stay at the Palazzo, and from what I understand all rooms will have been updated by year end 2017. Even the standard Luxury Suite w/ Strip View we stayed in last time (only a Platinum Elite then) was great, but this stay should be awesome!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm currently trying to book the Palazzo with a BOGO certificate and am getting an error message which reads
The Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night rate is not available. However, you may still book a room for the selected date(s).
Is this a common issue for anyone?

I'm a Spire Ambassador, and am planning on doing a 3 night stay (2 nights using BOGO, 1 night using Amex FHR). Has anybody done this combo? If so, what was the experience like?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:29 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by patmcpsu
I'm currently trying to book the Palazzo with a BOGO certificate and am getting an error message which reads

Is this a common issue for anyone?

I'm a Spire Ambassador, and am planning on doing a 3 night stay (2 nights using BOGO, 1 night using Amex FHR). Has anybody done this combo? If so, what was the experience like?
Just double check you are trying the BOGO rate on the allowable weekend night combinations which are Fri - Sun(Checkout) or Sat - Mon(Checkout).

If your dates are correct, are there any Points Reward Nights available on those nights?

My stay is in June, BOGO Sat-Monday(Checkout) and Chase Free Night on Monday for a total of 3-night stay.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:10 am

I tried both Fri-Sun and Sat-Mon; neither worked. There is a calendar of "available dates" to use the voucher and they are all blocked-out for the next 12 months.

Reward night availability should be inconsequential, but for what it's worth, yes the rooms are available for points-bookings on the nights in question.

Maybe I should just call IHG or the hotel?

UPDATE: I just noticed that EDC (big techno music festival) was the weekend in question; it must be a blackout date for the voucher. The voucher works fine for other weekends - the "availability calendar" showing no availability must be the IHG site being the IHG site.

Last edited by patmcpsu; Jan 25, 2018 at 6:48 am Reason: Added Update
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:28 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tony300S
Just to update, yesterday I booked my June 2018 3-Night Palazzo stay with my AMB BOGO Cert and a Reward Points night on the back end. The Reward night is a placeholder for if and when the Chase Free Nights become available.

I was initially receiving an error online of, "We encountered a system problem while processing your request. Please try again or contact the IHG®Rewards Club Customer Care Center for assistance." After ensuring no charges to my CC or IHG points took place, I tried again later in the day and had no issues with either reservation.

Anyways, I booked a Fortuna Suite at the BOGO rate which should upgrade to a Siena Suite based on the AMB terms as a Spire AMB. I haven't called to link the two reservations yet, but hoping they will extend my room stay to the free/reward night as well rather than making me move. Any recent data points on this situation?

I'm very much looking forward to my second stay at the Palazzo, and from what I understand all rooms will have been updated by year end 2017. Even the standard Luxury Suite w/ Strip View we stayed in last time (only a Platinum Elite then) was great, but this stay should be awesome!
Any recent stays or upgrade reports? 4-month countdown!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Tony300S
Any recent stays or upgrade reports? 4-month countdown!
I'm also interested in this, especially regarding what benefits were honored on award stays.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: IHG
Upsell to prestige

hi,

does es anybody know what they charge for an upsell to the Prestige Lounge ?
i have booked two Reward nights and think to upgrade us.

thanks for a feedback

by the way: is Prestige worth the upgrade?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I'm also interested in this, especially regarding what benefits were honored on award stays.
On my award stay, I got an upgrade from a Luxury Suite to a Luxury Suite with a view which I didn't really think was a true upgrade. I also got the usual fruit plate, bottle water, and chocolates as their gift.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
On my award stay, I got an upgrade from a Luxury Suite to a Luxury Suite with a view which I didn't really think was a true upgrade. I also got the usual fruit plate, bottle water, and chocolates as their gift.
Thanks for the feedback. How about late checkout?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Thanks for the feedback. How about late checkout?
Yes, the late check-out was honored.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
Yes, that’s the standard upgrade (for AMEX FHR bookings as well). But keep in mind some of the base level rooms have terrible views, like directly across from the parking garage, or in the case of a friend’s room a few years ago, a windowless wall... so at least it’s better than that.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Surprised to see on my IHG confirmation 4000 points will be earned for a 1 night stay @ $127. I didn't remember that Spire gets you double the 2000 points per stay (no matter how many nights/how much spent). Also a reminder to always check the Palazzo/Venetian web sites for better rates. Booked one of my 3 nights via that method as it was $50 less. Third night with $400 rate is booked on points. The Palazzo telephone reps are extremely nice and helpful--she was easily able to link all 3 nights together for me.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by marcello1982
hi,

does es anybody know what they charge for an upsell to the Prestige Lounge ?
i have booked two Reward nights and think to upgrade us.

thanks for a feedback

by the way: is Prestige worth the upgrade?
My last paid upgrade to prestige cost $100 per night. Worth it if you want a quick semi private check-in on the 23rd floor and are going to use their breakfast, snacks and n/a drinks all day and evening drinks and appetizers from 5:30 to 7:30. Also good if you need a computer or printing done or any concierge svcs. They were able to book show tkts from an outside venue and charge them to my room. Applies to first 2 persons in room.

Last edited by wetsand; Jun 9, 2018 at 9:18 am Reason: added info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.