Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 7:53 am

does anyone know if they will do a 50% discount in the near future? I'm going to a bachelor party in september and i have my free night certificate for the first night but 60K is a lot for a single night. Also, is there a special e-mail address for the palazzo/IHG relationship or should I just e-mail the general palazzo address? I need to link up my reservations eventually.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:47 am

Anyone have luck recently getting resort fees waived with a tip?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I am planning to stay here for 3 nights in October as reward nights. Does anyone know if it is possible to add the Prestige package onto a rewards night booking?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:07 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by trouble747
Anyone have luck recently getting resort fees waived with a tip?
My stay was in Dec. 2015, was going to try the tip trick but the IHG Priority check-in desk was a young girl being trained by a manager at the time so kinda awkward timing.

However, as a Platinum Elite we were upgraded to the 36th floor strip-view room. Just so happens we did get the resort fees waived, but that was due to issues with housekeeping and wi-fi that they couldn't resolve. Hardly a major inconvenience, would stay at the Palazzo again in a heartbeat. ^
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I am currently Plat Amb, looking to use my AMB cert at palazzo. If I book the prestige fortuna suite, will it be possible that the guarantee upg will upg me to the siena suite? Also, will AMB benefits be recognized here? Aka the 4pm checkout.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:17 pm

I stayed at the Palazzo last week as a Platinum and they handed me a letter listing my benefits and specifically asked me if I wanted a 2pm checkout, so I would think yes on the checkout part.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:57 am

AMB benefits are guaranteed. So, refer to T&C is they don't comply.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I am currently Plat Amb, looking to use my AMB cert at palazzo. If I book the prestige fortuna suite, will it be possible that the guarantee upg will upg me to the siena suite? Also, will AMB benefits be recognized here? Aka the 4pm checkout.
Yes, I believe that is very possible. In fact it would be almost guaranteed. My first instinct was to say that they may upgrade you from a Fortuna Suite to a Fortuna Suite w/view...but then I remembered (I think) that all Fortuna Suites have views. I could be wrong.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I spent 4 nights at the Palazzo as reward nights booking starting 13th October - 240,000 used in total.

Do reward stays here count towards the 10% points back? I have this option as I did the $200 AMB renewal back in July.

It's been almost a month now and have been expecting to see 24,000 points returned. Or I'm too impatient and they'll post within the next week or so.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I spent 4 nights at the Palazzo as reward nights booking starting 13th October - 240,000 used in total.

Do reward stays here count towards the 10% points back? I have this option as I did the $200 AMB renewal back in July.

It's been almost a month now and have been expecting to see 24,000 points returned. Or I'm too impatient and they'll post within the next week or so.
I've certainly received the Amb 10% back in the past at the Palazzo - remember they quote around 6 weeks
Old Nov 13, 2016, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Yes you could probably get away with the suite below fortuna but fortuna to Siena is a dead cert.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm just a plat, staying on two free nights and one revenue night. The free nights book into the Luxury Suite, which they front desk says I'd get an upgrade to Luxury View suite.

If occupancy was low, would the $20 trick give me a shot at staying in the Fortuna suite for the 3 nights?

Has anyone tried a $40 trick vs. $20 trick.

Last edited by beachfan; Nov 18, 2016 at 8:30 pm
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Do they still give 2000 points per stay? My account shows "non-qualifying stay" for a FHR night.

Should it qualify for the Accelerate promotion?

Last edited by beachfan; Dec 10, 2016 at 10:24 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
I'm just a plat, staying on two free nights and one revenue night. The free nights book into the Luxury Suite, which they front desk says I'd get an upgrade to Luxury View suite.

If occupancy was low, would the $20 trick give me a shot at staying in the Fortuna suite for the 3 nights?

Has anyone tried a $40 trick vs. $20 trick.
I $50 trick'd here Feb 2015 and got upgraded to a huge suite with separate dining room and bathroom at the Venetian(booked at and checked in at Palazzo). Further, they waived the resort fee for all 3 nights so we actually came out ahead $ wise. Your experience will likely vary.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
A couple of days ago I was checking for free night/points availability at Palazzo/Venetian. Found a couple of dates that are close in. However when I went to book yesterday, I don't see any availability at these properties through the end of schedule. Anybody know what's going on here? Would calling in to book show different availability to phone agents?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.