Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:49 am

Any recent updates on lounge access? I am platinum amb. and curious about the lounge...what are the chances of getting access?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tylerc
Any recent updates on lounge access? I am platinum amb. and curious about the lounge...what are the chances of getting access?
There are 2 lounges, prestige which is a supplemental fee for all and you have no chance of getting free rather than paying the circa $83 net cost.

There is also the invited guests lounge (free to RA's and designated hotel invited guests, no chance otherwise).

Your odds of access as a vanilla Plat Ambassador are zero.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:58 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by tylerc
Just got back from Vegas staying at The Palazzo, and as Land-of-Miles said there're zero chances you will be provided with a free access to a Presige lounge. Need to get one of the Prestige suites or pay $80+ in order to get in.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:15 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by PremExecSNA

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge is located on the first floor to the right of the main check in area. It is rather small, but nice. There are butlers available to bring a limited selection of alcoholic beverages and custom coffee drinks. Brewed coffee and water urns for tea are available, as well as sliced fruits and assorted cookies.

The food items have been significantly downgraded from the already paltry offerings in previous visits. Although I heard there are finger sandwiches and small cheese slices available at various times during the day, there were none out during my visit. All food items are removed at 9pm.
I understand that they have another lounge called Prestige Lounge, the one on the ground floor is a VIP lounge (a mini lounge for RAs). The Prestige lounge has better selection of food and drinks during the morning hours and evening time.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HAT
I understand that they have another lounge called Prestige Lounge, the one on the ground floor is a VIP lounge (a mini lounge for RAs). The Prestige lounge has better selection of food and drinks during the morning hours and evening time.
Actually it is the only property where Royal Ambassador is written at the entry of the lounge.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by HAT
RA status does not give you access to the prestige lounge. You only get access to the prestige lounge if you book a "prestige room", which is a regular room + access to prestige and some other minor benefits. Basically the prestige lounge is what would be called an exec lounge at any other property. However, AFAIK, they never upgrade a non-prestige booking to one that gives you prestige based on IHG status. I imagine they do so if your gambling history is good.

When I was there some years ago, prestige had much better food selection than the RA/VIP lounge, but was often crowed. The RA lounge was very handy to use, as it was to the side of the main check-in area. It was a decent place to go to chill out for a bit and get a drink.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by HAT
True. The Prestige Lounge is invitation only and is not an RA benefit. The website description says "continental breakfast."
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Palazzo (& Venetian) Availability?

Anybody else having trouble booking at Palazzo & Venetian?

They are showing 0 availability until April 2017.

Can I assume just a bug? (I found a thread back in 2014 with a similar issue)

J4H
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Are you using a corporate code? It does not work for those two properties if there is any corporate entered.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Anybody else having trouble booking at Palazzo & Venetian?

They are showing 0 availability until April 2017.

Can I assume just a bug? (I found a thread back in 2014 with a similar issue)

J4H
Originally Posted by demue
Are you using a corporate code? It does not work for those two properties if there is any corporate entered.
Not corporate code. First checked for Free night, then Reward points, then regular paid nights and nothing showed. It must have been very temporary, though. I see availability now.

Last edited by Journey4Happy; Apr 28, 2016 at 3:29 pm
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:44 am

If I book a Chase/Accelerate Free night at the Palazzo, must I still pay resort fee? If so, can I decline it? Also, will they charge the $35 extra person fee if I book a room for 3 adults?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:40 pm

1. yes
2. no
3. two beds, sleeps four
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by fyugioh
3. two beds, sleeps four
Ok, but small print says two included in rate and beyond that is $35/person. So asking if this pertains to reward bookings.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:03 pm

Don't remember seeing that for reward nights.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:14 pm

I have worked in hotels for the last 6 years, and I now manage the front office of a conference hotel here in chicago - let me tell you that if you mark 2 people on the reservation, but actually have 3 or 4 people stay in the room, the only way you will be charged is if you tell them you have extra people. Its all pure profit revenue for us anyway, so unless you have a noise compliant and security finds out you are trying to sleep a family, no one will be the wiser.

I booked 2 rooms through AmEx FHR for memorial day weekend, and am ready to party - I will use the $20 trick at check-in to get the resort fee waived, and between that and FHR benefit of upgrade upon availability, I should have a couple view rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.