Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Howieh
Just finished a 2-night stay at Palazzo last week and we loved it.
Technically it was 2 stays booked with Amex FHR - one under my name and the other under my wife's. This way we received the daily benefits of welcome wine, $65 for breakfast, and a $100 food credit on both days.

There is a dedicated line for FHR reservations. Checkin was quick and a letter was prepared to let us know all the benefits we have during our stay. Guaranteed 4 pm late checkout was almost a must-have at vegas, so you don't have to rush in the morning.

Breakfast at Grand Lux Cafe was really good. French toast was the best we ever had. Generous portion and fantastic service.

The $100 food credit can be used at 15 restaurants and bars. Make sure you make reservations.
Since when can the $100 credit be used at 15 restaurants? This is interesting. It thought it was pretty much Matteo as far as restaurants goes. I'm on the fence with the Palazzo or Cosmo for a FHR stay.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 8:21 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Anyone able to get redemption for 40K IHG chase cert at this property. The date I would be interested in has 35K a night and I can book with points but cannot redeem certificate. Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:26 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Anyone able to get redemption for 40K IHG chase cert at this property. The date I would be interested in has 35K a night and I can book with points but cannot redeem certificate. Thanks
Diid you see my post above, #810?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:00 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
I was able to book a Chase certificate night last June. I wanted 2 but had to book elsewhere for my first night instead.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 5:57 pm

Just a heads up and another blow to Vegas properties, the Venetian and Palazzo will start to charge for parking, unless you're a mid-tier or higher member of their rewards program, Grazie Rewards.

This, combibed with the Hyatt/MGM snafu, will have me stay away from Vegas for a while.

https://www.ktnv.com/traffic/venetia...-end-of-summer
Old Jul 15, 2023, 6:35 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by ProjectSunburst
Just a heads up and another blow to Vegas properties, the Venetian and Palazzo will start to charge for parking, unless you're a mid-tier or higher member of their rewards program, Grazie Rewards.

This, combibed with the Hyatt/MGM snafu, will have me stay away from Vegas for a while.

https://www.ktnv.com/traffic/venetia...-end-of-summer
Stay away? Vegas is so much more than parking. (Do people choose a luxury vacay destination based on parking??)

but... the ADR in Vegas is still lower than other major cities—still some of the cheapest luxury in the world. But, I ask... Do you get free parking at luxury hotels in London? Paris? New York? Chicago? Miami? Washington DC? Oahu?
Old Jul 15, 2023, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Stay away? Vegas is so much more than parking. (Do people choose a luxury vacay destination based on parking??)

but... the ADR in Vegas is still lower than other major cities—still some of the cheapest luxury in the world. But, I ask... Do you get free parking at luxury hotels in London? Paris? New York? Chicago? Miami? Washington DC? Oahu?

New York - MTA NYC Subway/Metro North/LIRR/NJ Transit
Chicago - CTA/METRA
Miami - Miami Dade Transit/SFRTA/Brightline
D.C - WMATA/MTA Maryland

Vegas: Rate + Resort Fee + Parking as they dont have comprehensive transit options as I listed above..

And yes, if I transfer my CC points to Hyatt and subsequently redeem, parking is free.

Not everyone's travel patterns are the same. This is simply sharing information, as well as my opinion to help others make more informed decisions when traveling to the area.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Last edited by ProjectSunburst; Jul 15, 2023 at 6:57 pm
Old Jul 15, 2023, 6:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by ProjectSunburst
New York - MTA NYC Subway/Metro North/LIRR/NJ Transit
Chicago - CTA/METRA
Miami - Miami Dade Transit/SFRTA/Brightline
D.C - WMATA/MTA Maryland

Vegas: Rate + Resort Fee + Parking as they dont have comprehensive transit options as I listed above..
The Vegas Strip is almost walking distance from LAS. That's not even comparable. You mentioned parking. I go to Vegas all the time, and I never rent a car.
You also have The Duece and a monorail.

I ask again, where do you get free parking at a luxury hotel in a major city globally?

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jul 17, 2023 at 10:10 pm Reason: edited some more personal things out of post
Old Jul 16, 2023, 4:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Just finished a very good 4 night stay and points have already posted (2000 base + 2000 diamond + 10000 for the current promotion). I was handed this regarding IHG benefits - thought it might be of use; the certainly the most bizarre welcome letter I've had in some time.

Welcome letter at Palazzo
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 5:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Bizarre is indeed an accurate description !

easy to see what other tiers do/not get
but good environmentallyfruendly wise with just the same sheet reused

thanks for sharing!
Old Jul 16, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by davidw70
Just finished a very good 4 night stay and points have already posted (2000 base + 2000 diamond + 10000 for the current promotion). I was handed this regarding IHG benefits - thought it might be of use; the certainly the most bizarre welcome letter I've had in some time.

Welcome letter at Palazzo
Did they give a buy-up to Prestige? Their Prestige Level is very nice.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
If baccarat_king says the prestige lounge is something good, than it must be worthwhile.

I read RA can check in at the VIP-lounge (the inferior lounge)
wonder how much the upsell is for Prestige lounge (the superior lounge) aka special price for RA
Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:39 pm

And as reminder before i pull S/O away from his favorite craps/roulette table at MGM's Bellagio....

from IHG:

Venetian & Pallazo = IC Alliance resorts so according to T&C
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditionsInterContinental Alliance Resorts
  1. The following benefits exceptions are applicable when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts:
    1. Complimentary water will be provided on the day of arrival and will not be replenished daily.
    2. Royal Ambassador: Minibar credit will be capped at USD50 per day and USD100 per stay.
    3. InterContinental Ambassador one category and Royal Ambassador two category room upgrades are subject to availability.
  2. The following benefits are not applicable when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts:
    1. Complimentary Weekend Night
    2. InterContinental Ambassador Restaurant and Bar credit up to USD20 for Ambassador Platinum members when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts, Macao
    3. Royal Ambassador Club InterContinental lounge access/alternate experience access
    4. Royal Ambassador breakfast for two when staying at The Venetian Resort and Palazzo at The Venetian, Las Vegas
  3. The benefits Guarantee is not applicable at InterContinental Alliance Resorts
Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:43 pm

Rumor has it,
that a certain Miss K. Minoque (with hopefully Dani coming along)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35418602-post413.html
at Venetian

So get ready to book award rooms to not miss out and lock in favourable points rates

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 16, 2023 at 2:52 pm
Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL
If baccarat_king says the prestige lounge is something good, than it must be worthwhile.

I read RA can check in at the VIP-lounge (the inferior lounge)
wonder how much the upsell is for Prestige lounge (the superior lounge) aka special price for RA
Venetian Prestige is the "real deal" (Used to just be at Palazzo, and started there.) Multiple food presentations, check-in in the lounge (they let you access to the elevators to go check-in). Not always that much more expensive in room rate, and yes, probably cheaper to do a "day of" upgrade, but then, you lose the nice experience of just going to the lounge to check-in.

The other really nice option are the suites in the Venezia Tower, some have small gardens. These are also super convenient to Bouchon, my 2nd favorite place for breakfast (in Vegas).
Admiral Ackbar and HadesNL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.