Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2022, 6:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by navatwal
Any luck using IHG Ambassador BOGOF voucher?

checked multiple weekends and never available at either property (Palazzo / Venetian)

last stayed here I’m 2015, looks like no refurb!
I don’t believe those are valid at IC Alliance properties
patmcpsu and ProjectSunburst like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dw
I don’t believe those are valid at IC Alliance properties
Can confirm. I called IHG about this, and they confirmed the BOGO voucher isn't valid at "Alliance" properties. The language is buried in the program's T&Cs somewhere.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The bogof used to work at the Palazzo, used it back in 2015.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 12:39 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I booked a room here through the AWS Re:Invent conference (happening late Nov) portal, there was a field for my IHG membership number, what should i expect as a Diamond Amb? I understand this is not a 'regular' IC but would I still be entitled to breakfast, lounge, late checkout, upgrade, etc?

I got full benefits at IC Vienna even when booking at conference rate (which was happening at the hotel,.same with AWS conference, Venetian hosts part of it) which is why I would assume I would get the basic benefits from Diamond and Amb.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I booked a room here through the AWS Re:Invent conference (happening late Nov) portal, there was a field for my IHG membership number, what should i expect as a Diamond Amb? I understand this is not a 'regular' IC but would I still be entitled to breakfast, lounge, late checkout, upgrade, etc?

I got full benefits at IC Vienna even when booking at conference rate (which was happening at the hotel,.same with AWS conference, Venetian hosts part of it) which is why I would assume I would get the basic benefits from Diamond and Amb.
I'm a Diamond Ambassador who recently stayed at the Venetian using points. I got a view upgrade, $25 dining credit (valid at a handful of bars only), and late checkout.

The Venetian is a "Y" shaped building, while the Palazzo is an "I" shaped building. I mention this because The Venetian's shape provides 3 different viewing angles: one looking away from the strip, one overlooking the strip, and one overlooking the pool. My view upgrade got me a pool view. I'm curious what the view upgrade at the Palazzo consists of (my guess is higher floor, facing away from the strip).
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by patmcpsu
I'm a Diamond Ambassador who recently stayed at the Venetian using points. I got a view upgrade, $25 dining credit (valid at a handful of bars only), and late checkout.

The Venetian is a "Y" shaped building, while the Palazzo is an "I" shaped building. I mention this because The Venetian's shape provides 3 different viewing angles: one looking away from the strip, one overlooking the strip, and one overlooking the pool. My view upgrade got me a pool view. I'm curious what the view upgrade at the Palazzo consists of (my guess is higher floor, facing away from the strip).
Thanks, do you have club access 40/70 night milestone reward? Only question left for me after your thorough answer!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by patmcpsu

did you have to pay for resort fee?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ezrin
Had a weird experience booking by free nights using the IHG Chase free nights. When I was planning the trip a few days I saw that they had nights available for both nights I wanted to stay (March 13-14). I didn't book the rooms since I wanted to make sure I could get the plane tickets and rental car at a decent price. When I was able to find a good airfare tonight, I went back to the site to reserve the rooms and couldn't even get The Venetian or Palazzo to show up in the search results. I tried many times using both IHG site and the Venetian site. When I switched to the Firefox browser, I was using Chrome, both Venetian and Palazzo showed up and I was able to book my two free nights. Should I be worried that there may something funky or wrong with my reservation? I did print out the confirmation email but I'm worried I somehow tricked it or did something weird that allowed it give me the room. There was a message saying if I wanted to use 2 free nights that I would have to book them separately, but I was able to do it with one reservation so that's weird too.
did they charge you a resort fee with ihg chase free night?
Old Nov 28, 2022, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by BeyondTalk
did you have to pay for resort fee?
Yes
Old Nov 28, 2022, 7:21 am

Staying here now and honestly don't know why it is IC affiliated, they could not care less about status (that is OK, Vegas caters to the high rollers). My main gripes is when you tell me by email what benefits I am entitled to before I arrive (one category upgrade, 4pm late checkout, $20 credit, bottle of water on arrival (how generous!)) and none of those are given at check-in (when I have had almost flawless execution from other IHG hotels on proactively offering benefits at check-in this year), why even bother.

Suite is nice enough but low floor with pool/strip view, near elevators and right on front of service staff door that is used constantly. IHG one check in desk not manned despite huge lineups. No water, no late checkout no water in room. Again, I understand this is not a regular IC but they should just leave entirely.

I had low expectations and even they were not met, not a big deal but lesson learned. Hotel isn't that great either to be honest. I will write in the experiences thread when I get back home
patmcpsu likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 9:00 am

The "bottle of water" benefit leaves a bad taste in my mouth. While at the Venetian, the Priority Desk was closed so I had to check-in at the main desk where they informed me of the free water, but didn't physically hand me a bottle. My wife interpreted this as the bottles in the room being free, only to find out during check out that they actually cost $10 each.

On checkout day, I explained the situation to the (now open) Priority Desk and they thought I was an idiot for making that assumption and declined to waive the $20 charge (two bottles of water). They said that the check-in agent should have handed me the water bottle during check in, and I had no way to demonstrate that they didn't.

Not only is the bottle of water a backhanded compliment, it regularly creates confusion and disappointment. I imagine it frustrates more IHG Ambassadors than it impresses, but it creates a revenue stream where some guests get fooled into buying $10 water bottles.

But to your point, the limited perks are definitely "SIP" (slightly important guest) instead of "VIP" treatment.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 4:14 pm

Just finished a 2-night stay at Palazzo last week and we loved it.
Technically it was 2 stays booked with Amex FHR - one under my name and the other under my wife's. This way we received the daily benefits of welcome wine, $65 for breakfast, and a $100 food credit on both days.

There is a dedicated line for FHR reservations. Checkin was quick and a letter was prepared to let us know all the benefits we have during our stay. Guaranteed 4 pm late checkout was almost a must-have at vegas, so you don't have to rush in the morning.

Breakfast at Grand Lux Cafe was really good. French toast was the best we ever had. Generous portion and fantastic service.

The $100 food credit can be used at 15 restaurants and bars. Make sure you make reservations. We tried Hongkong Cafe and Brera osteria.

Dinner at Brera
HadesNL likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:30 pm

For those that stayed this year at the Ventian or Palazzo booked through IHG, did the nights count towards the milestones? I know you only get 1000 points per night,

Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by moolman
For those that stayed this year at the Ventian or Palazzo booked through IHG, did the nights count towards the milestones? I know you only get 1000 points per night,

Thanks
I stayed one night at the Venetian in June, on points, and yes it did count.
moolman likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 1:26 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Tried to use a Chase free night cert that will expire soon. Option showed up on the website (IHG and IC), but when you clicked through it was not available. Points were 24K, rate was $149. Called two different times; second rep called Venetian. She relayed they told her that code (or something to that effect) is no longer in their system and, thus, no longer able to book a Chase free night. Yes, I could use points or pay (as the rep suggested), and I had planned to do so since I wanted 4 nights. But very annoying it shows up and then can't be booked. So I think I will just return to my MGM/Hyatt properties where I can get better rates and where they treat me well.
patmcpsu likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.